Stayed at Phuket Pavillions in December 07. Some good points but some big weaknesses for a hotel costing $600 a night.
The hotel is located on a hill about 1km from the Laguna hotel complex. There are no shops or restaurants so this is a hotel for people prepared to stay put or who have a car. There is no gym and only a small lobby and it feels more like a holiday club than a hotel.
The Positives: The one bedroom suites are huge and each has a 12 metre swimming pool - a decent size compared to the small pools usual in other hotels pool villas. The hotels inclusive breakfast can be served in-room at no extra charge and there is 24 hour room service so in theory one need not leave the villa. Service is good though the young staff seemed a little inexperienced.
The Negatives: There is no gym or library. Beware the service charge and taxes which are a hefty 20%. The big disappointment is the food which was very very poor by any standards. This is particularly a problem at a hotel where there are no restaurants nearby and a big disappointment for a Relais and Chateaux property, where food standards are normerly very high. Overall we got the impression that hotel guests are of secondary importance to this property - it is currently being expanded including more holiday homes and has a rooftop bar which is very popular with local expats. Like other respondents we had a few maintenence problems with the Villa though these were rectified quickly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perched high above Layan Beach, The Pavilions Phuket is a resort as spacious as it is private and peaceful. Decidedly adult, each private villa is a haven of tranquility. Whether you're celebrating a special occasion or looking to relax and reconnect, The Pavilions is your perfect intimate escape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Pavilions Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Pavilions Phuket Hotel Thalang
- Phuket Pavilions Hotel Cherngtalay
- Phuket Pavilions Cherngtalay
- The Pavilions Phuket Thailand