“These "Pavilions" will make you want to 'Move In”

The Pavilions Phuket
Ranked #3 of 36 Hotels in Choeng Thale
Reviewed November 9, 2011

Simply amazing.

The Location is rather ideal. resting atop its own perch, a feeling of seclusion from the pace of Phuket while still close enough for a courtesy, super cool "beach mobile" shuttle to your private stretch of sand in the cove.

The grounds are just right: a suave blend of contemporary design without losing the South East Asia feel. I felt nourished by all the attention to detail.

The Villas are ridiculous! You get your own private pool, cabana and hang out area all overlooking the lush valley. The rooms are appropriately sized with an over-sized couch - perfect for calling it in for the night with a complimentary movie from the store - and a separate sleeping area so as not to stagnate the air.

A quick call to the front desk and a buggy picks you up in minutes, and the whole experience was extremely thoughtful. The evening turndown treats were a favorite. while the restaurant is so good it will make you not want to venture out for meals. *Fish tacos were strangely delicious

Finally, the 360 bar from the top of the mountain. They perform specialty martinis up there that we didnt take advantage of. We went up there on our last night and had so much fun with the chill atmosphere that we kicked ourselves for not imbibing more. Its a neat addition, as well, that this bar is open to the public. So, its not just the people staying there - which adds a healthy energy. *If you are a spice guy/gal, you gotta get the one they make with cucumber and indigenous chile!*

> The only thing that couldve been better = the beach was super dirty. While beautiful, while walking along it, there was garbage galore. It seemed as if some of the other "private beaches" we're more kept up in this regard. Perhaps its worth a suggestion <

Reviewed November 2, 2011

We stayed here for our honeymoom, it was so beautiful. We loved our pool, bathroom was beautiful. Everyday they left us a little gift on our pillow. Breakfast was always yum. I guess the worst thing was its a good 25 mins into town.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank vikkim340
Reviewed October 31, 2011

We have just returned from the pavilions and are saddened to see such a negative review writen by Kmied.This hotel and the management without doubt are first class,they will go out of there way to make sure your stay is as carefree as possible nothing is too much trouble.We stayed in the pavilions penthouse and although the weather was a little unkind we enjoyed the room, the privacy, and the restaurants also the no children policy.The Pavilions will be our first choice next time we visit Phuket.

2  Thank keith C
Reviewed October 27, 2011

I live in Bangkok with my family and I have been travelling to the best hotels in Thailand as well as the best hotels in many different countries as my husband and I enjoy a lot the 5stars hotels.
With the flood problem in Thailand that is now treathening Bangkok, we received as advice from the government and ambassies to leave for an exceptionnal extended week end offered by the authorities.
The decision to leave came very quickly and my husband and I pretty much booked the whole trip in less than a hour in the evening. The following morning I was flying to Phuket.
When I arrived at the Pavillions, I have been first shocked by the rude welcome. The only word I got from the receptionnist is they don't accept kids so she asked for my hotel voucher and leave me alone with my kids on the driveway.... After few minutes I asked how come I am not even invited to come and sit in the lobby as nobody seemed to care about us. Nobody was talking to me so I asked to talk to the hotel manager. The manager  was not even sorry for us and just explained me my mistake for booking in a hotel that does not welcome kids. I told him we did not see this information when booking online if not of course we will have booked elsewhere !!!! I told him we enquire about a baby crib to be set up in our room so how come nobody get back to us about this no kids policy ? He had no explanations and invited me to look for an other hotel. It was lunch time, my kids were hungry and he did not allow me to access the restaurant nor offer me some time to look for a alternate option in the hotel business centre. With my only phone in hand it was quite hard to find quickly something. I asked him if I could at least stay 1 night to be able to find an other hotel which he refused... I told him then I will need help for the transfer to a new hotel but after saying yes he disepeared and did not organise anything for me. The transfer to my new hotel was of course for me to pay again... I did not get anything to apologize for flying all the way from Bangkok with my 2 child and nanny because of a flood treathening my house and being kick out without any consideration and help after pre-paying nearly 60,000 bath for 5 nights !!!!!!!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
9  Thank KMIED
gmphuket, Directeur général at The Pavilions Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2011

Dear reader,

The note above is a very subjective interpretation and emotional reaction to an unfortunate situation. A booking was made on line for 2 adults in one of our Spa & Pool Pavilions. Our web site mentions clearly on the first page of The Pavilions, Phuket that To ensure your tranquility, we only welcome children from 16 years of age and older. Our children policy was also printed on the confirmation note showed to me by the guest.
When I met this person who was accompanied by another adult and two young children, I apologized for the fact that we could not accommodate them. Our children policy is clearly stated and the fact that all our infinity pools have a sharp drop is not conducive to welcome children. I offered assistance for alternative accommodation but the answer was that she would handle this over the phone with her husband. No mention was made about lunch which would have been agreed. No offer was made for her to use a business centre as there isn’t any. I reassured her that no payment had been debited and would not be.
The rating at the bottom of the review is obviously biased as they did not stay with us.

In the hospitality industry and particularly in a boutique hotel like The Pavilions utmost care for our guests is a priority and I believe the other comments on this site reflect well our welcoming philosophy.

Jean-Christophe Nager

Reviewed October 18, 2011

The weather was terrible with near constant rain, so thank goodness the resort was so pleasant that the rain didn't put me in a bad mood, rather the opposite. I was picked up at the airport by one of the drivers at the resort. The trip from the airport to the hotel is about 20 min. When they took me to my villa (I believe my villa was called the Plantation pool pavilion (Spa & pool Pavilion) and was in the new section of the resort), I was surprised by how nice it was, especially the pool area, which included a lovely sala and a nice size garden with a marvelous lighting system for the evenings. The villa itself had a bar area, living room with a large plasma TV (of course) and a wonderful couch that could be used as a bed if you are too lazy to move from the living room to the bedroom. The bedroom was spacious and nicely done (no TV). The bathroom was large and of high standard (separate shower, two sinks, and bathtub). My villa had a spa room that included to spa beds and a shower/steam room-- it was fantastic, and so wonderful to take a massage in my own spa room. The Pavilions is situated on a hill so that means you are quite a distance from the sea (the hotel has shuttle service for that). The resort has 2 restaurants (be sure to visit the 360 Bar and outdoor Grill with its magnificent view), both of which I used. I even had one dinner brought to me at my villa. The diners were satisfactory (not out of this world) and of course the prices are a bit high, but they always are at 5-star hotels/resorts. Speaking of food, the breakfast was very nice (a la carte but could choose as many dishes as you wished). The resort offers both wire (LAN) and wireless (free), which worked excellently throughout my stay. The staff members were well trained and always polite and helpful. The only problem I had was that the girl who showed me my villa forgot to inform the spa that I scheduled a treatment and my reservation at one of the restaurants. Two things made me disappointed: no public pool/pool area (though one is under construction) and no fitness center (a big surprise for me). In conclusion, I can highly recommend the Pavilions for persons who prefer to relax and take it easy in the privacy of your own villa.

Room Tip: I think the Plantation pool pavilion is nice but some may prefer the ocean view villa, but remember...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank lshapspro
Reviewed October 13, 2011

I was there with my wife on Eastern 2011 and I can say it has been one of the best experiences ever!
From the moment you arrive at the airport and you see someone with your name the indulging begins; you arrive and is like stepping into another world where everyone is there to make you feel better. My wife and I stayed in the new plantation villa, and it’s great, elegant, comfortable and modern.
The service is amazing, we always eat in, (heard many stories) and the food is great, I could never get tired of it.
Highly Highly recommended

Room Tip: If you're having a BBQ in the villa, order with time
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MY78
Reviewed October 11, 2011

This was our third visit to the Pavilions in Phuket and we are already planning when we can fit our next trip to this little paradise. We love the ocean view villas - beautiful sunset views from the infinity pool. We had a look at the new Plantation Villas and although lovely and spacious prefer the Ocean View more. The Plantation Villas are more modern with extra perks such as a Sonos system and Jacuzzi bath. They also have a seperate spa area in each villa,
JC, Linda and all the staff were so welcoming and responsive to all our requests. The food in the restaurants was great - Thai and Mediterranean choices. The villas are spacious and nicely furnished. They deserve their 5 stars and their rates are not overpriced as previously commented. For a stand alone villa with over 100 sq mt space, large pool, quality amenities and excellent service you won't find similar places cheaper.
Thank you again for a lovely stay and we will be back.

Room Tip: If you want a sea view ask for high odd numbers 11-21, if you want new and modern ask for the planta...
1  Thank escholte
Pullman Phuket Arcadia Naithon Beach
Amari Phuket
Amari Phuket
#2 of 331 in Patong

Been to The Pavilions Phuket? Share your experiences!