The weather was terrible with near constant rain, so thank goodness the resort was so pleasant that the rain didn't put me in a bad mood, rather the opposite. I was picked up at the airport by one of the drivers at the resort. The trip from the airport to the hotel is about 20 min. When they took me to my villa (I believe my villa was called the Plantation pool pavilion (Spa & pool Pavilion) and was in the new section of the resort), I was surprised by how nice it was, especially the pool area, which included a lovely sala and a nice size garden with a marvelous lighting system for the evenings. The villa itself had a bar area, living room with a large plasma TV (of course) and a wonderful couch that could be used as a bed if you are too lazy to move from the living room to the bedroom. The bedroom was spacious and nicely done (no TV). The bathroom was large and of high standard (separate shower, two sinks, and bathtub). My villa had a spa room that included to spa beds and a shower/steam room-- it was fantastic, and so wonderful to take a massage in my own spa room. The Pavilions is situated on a hill so that means you are quite a distance from the sea (the hotel has shuttle service for that). The resort has 2 restaurants (be sure to visit the 360 Bar and outdoor Grill with its magnificent view), both of which I used. I even had one dinner brought to me at my villa. The diners were satisfactory (not out of this world) and of course the prices are a bit high, but they always are at 5-star hotels/resorts. Speaking of food, the breakfast was very nice (a la carte but could choose as many dishes as you wished). The resort offers both wire (LAN) and wireless (free), which worked excellently throughout my stay. The staff members were well trained and always polite and helpful. The only problem I had was that the girl who showed me my villa forgot to inform the spa that I scheduled a treatment and my reservation at one of the restaurants. Two things made me disappointed: no public pool/pool area (though one is under construction) and no fitness center (a big surprise for me). In conclusion, I can highly recommend the Pavilions for persons who prefer to relax and take it easy in the privacy of your own villa.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perched high above Layan Beach, The Pavilions Phuket is a resort as spacious as it is private and peaceful. Decidedly adult, each private villa is a haven of tranquility. Whether you're celebrating a special occasion or looking to relax and reconnect, The Pavilions is your perfect intimate escape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Pavilions Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Pavilions Phuket Hotel Thalang
- Phuket Pavilions Hotel Cherngtalay
- Phuket Pavilions Cherngtalay
- The Pavilions Phuket Thailand