The Pavilions Phuket
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Novotel Phuket Surin Beach Resort.(Choeng Thale)(Great Value!)
$87
$66
  • Pool
Outrigger Laguna Phuket Beach Resort(Choeng Thale)(Great Value!)
$102
$90
Hotels.com
Dusit Thani Laguna Phuket(Choeng Thale)(Great Value!)
$262
$80
Agoda.com
Angsana Laguna Phuket(Choeng Thale)(Great Value!)
$174
Agoda.com
Sunwing Bangtao Beach(Bang Tao Beach)(Great Value!)
$126
$91
  • Pool
Ayara Hilltops Resort and Spa Surin Beach(Choeng Thale)(Great Value!)
$159
$155
Hotels.com
$643
$536
Trip.com
The Chava Resort(Choeng Thale)
$356
$323
The Surin Phuket(Choeng Thale)(Great Value!)
$381
$367
Anantara Layan Phuket Resort(Choeng Thale)(Great Value!)
$270
$147
Trip.com
All reviewsplantation clubplantation restaurantprivate poolspa roomour honeymoondegree barlayan beachocean view villaroom servicetotal privacyliving roomgolf buggyfoot massagespa servicesthe general managerthe penthouseromantic getaway
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 14, 2011

First off, let me just start by saying we spent our first week in Phuket in Kata-Noi, a good combination of peace & quiet but relatively close to lots of things to do. The Pavilions escourt taxi was excellent, they picked us up at our previous place, luxury ride, cold towel, fresh fruit, bottled water, etc. Driver was respectful and tactful, conversational wise, and not too chatty if you know what I mean.

My very first impression upon entering the security gate off the main road was, "uh oh, did I pick the right place for my wife & I to relax and enjoy, it seems quite out of the way from the beach, and everything else..." while chewing on my lip and passing frequent glances at my wife to pickup on what she may have been thinking at the time. But guys, relax, you made the right choice. Once you get to the welcome building, your senses should be at ease. It's airy, on top of the hill and a serenity that takes over you. "Checking in" is a breeze, another cool towel, refreshing drink and relaxing ambiance. Golf cart transportation to your villa. NOTE: It is my impression that the newer villas (aka the non-ocean view villas) are more modern and up-to-date as far as decor, style, furnishings and practical layout. The ocean view villas seemed in need of a renovation...basically, the only thing going for those villas is the view, which if you didn't happen to see one of the newer villas, you'd realize that the view almost does NOT offset the comfort of the non-ocean view villas. Additionally, the newer non-ocean view villas have their own separate spa room (which has two massage beds and full bath...another whole 'room' in itself...) Thus, since my wife's pregnant, we stuck with the non-ocean view villa b/c of the comfort, layout, amenities & modernization.

Ok, getting off the golf cart (again, mind you, this is the non-ocean view villas), you pass through a large, covered lounge area, then they show you how to use the lift to/fro your villa...the ocean view villas don't have this nor the large sala. Or you can use the open air steps, which is just as nice. The lift adds to the coolness factor. So, get off the lift at your respective villa's location, and enter your villa. First words that entered my mind were, "Damn right! Wow!" And I think at that point you realize with complete peace of mind that you're going to get what you paid for. Then they slide the large glass sliding doors away and you view the living room and then the bedroom w/cali king bed facing the sliding doors you just came through. And that's when the big cheek-cheek grin starts to form on your face. And your thoughts now change to, "We're definitely going to have some fun here!"

So, you get settled in, check out this and that, and the little details they've obviously attended to, and still amazed at the half moon/huge lounge like couch in the middle of the living room and discuss with your wife how perfect a "couch" like this would be in your place. (I've searched online for a similar couch b/c it's that good!) Again, let me remind you, I'm referring to the newer non-ocean view villas. The ocean villa has a plain ol 3 seater couch.

Cleanliness, attention to detail, freshness, amenities, etc are all above and beyond. Though at first you may be timid, just pick up the phone and ask/request what you want, mention this or that, or whatever...they are at your doorstep in less than 5 minutes regardless. Got a question about the tours out in town? Curious about having a fine dining out in the nearby area or even Patong beach? Recommendations? What's the forecast for the next few days? More toilet paper please. More towels or sneeze tissue? The ipod docking station? (and get this, I didn't even get the chance to mention it to them, but the spa room's a/c remote control batteries had run dead, and the unit wasn't turning on automatically, but again, attention to detail and the room service maids caught it and changed out the batteries.) Note: when they advertise peace and quiet, they mean it. As advertised, their staff is out of sight & out of mind, but yet right there when needed.

The breakfasts are delicious, a wide variety to choose from, from either a buffet or separate menu. Even after 7 days, it didn't get blah where you feel like you've run out of choices. Take advantage of happy hour & tapas at the 360 bar. Very nice eclectic atmosphere, soothing lounge music and great to watch the sunset. Relax and enjoy whatever drink you want. Mango/rum smoothie? No problem. Double shot/triple shot. Again, no problem. Oh, forgot to mention, morning mimosa's are good too. If you have 7 or thereabouts (lost count), recommend hydrate on water when you get back to the room...or continue your drinking spree through lunch and keep the buzz going; but don't let that let you forget the sunscreen. Mimosa's have a habit of doing that.

We ordered room service quite often, whether it was a mid day snack platter or dinner. Best room service I've had; food & service. Also, I recommend doing the bbq in your villa where you pick and choose meats/seafood/salad/dessert/etc and the cook grills it up right there. Fantastic.

We only left The Pavilion's on three occasions during our stay. Shuttle to the beach, once. Shuttle to the port for speedboat tour to james bond island. And then taxi ride to Patong beach for dinner. (The front desk will make all the arrangements for your tour, just let them know what you want to see, and it's taken care of. Also, LOL, I got a humble chuckle from this on the day of our speedboat tour, but you're the last to be picked up by the shuttle van in the morning, and one of the first to get dropped off at the end of the day...b/c there are other guests from other nearby accommodations that were already in the van in the morning, so I imagine they had to "start their day off" at least an hour earlier than we. In the end, it was kind of nice to know that The Pavilion's prestige extends to everything. Additonally, the hotel hired a cab for our dinner out in Patong, and the cabbie was there waiting for us when we were done. Naturally, the front desk will provide you a card with directions & telephone number in the event that something goes awry from your plan.

And last but not least, the staff. Impeccable. Professional, but naturally warm hearted with the best intentions, and genuine smiles. When you see them, you instinctively know they enjoy their job, enjoy working for their employer and enjoy seeing you enjoy yourselves to the fullest extent.

Oh, forgot to mention, the pool and sala in your villa. It's just awesome. Plain & simple. We lucked out with 4 of 7 good days in July. Afternoon storms (but they pass by relatively quick). I'd do it again b/c I'd be afraid to see what the high season is like, Phuket in general. But then again, if you stay at The Pavilions, high or low season, crowds / loud people is the least of your worries. One last thing, no kids under 18! Also, didn't see any "teens". Guestimate mid-late twenties young but mature couple were the "youngest" we saw. Note: 360bar, I believe, becomes open to non-guests for a set period of time, but b/c The Pavilions is so secluded and/or discreet with security at their entrance, I assume the people that do visit the 360bar are guests at some of the other luxury resorts in the Layan beach area... Yet the couple times we went to the 360bar, there were only a handful of people (other Pavilion guests) who we've seen sparsely at breakfast or what not.

Well I'll stop typing if you stop reading and just book your stay already. It's worth it in all aspects.

Room Tip: Depending on the time of the year, low season, recommend asking to see an ocean view villa and non-ocean view villa
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank FUJI_Akira
Reviewed September 12, 2011

My husband and I travelled to Phuket in September to relax and unwind after a stressful six months. We booked the Phuket Pavilions after reading other reviews on Trip Advisor and we were certainly not disappointed ! It is the perfect place to do nothing but laze around the villa with your own private pool and is also close to enjoy all attractions of Phuket. The villa was exactly as pictured on the website. The staff went above and beyond and catered to our every whim. They were also able to provide wonderful advice on what to see and do in the area. The hotel car is fantastic and for only a few dollars more than a taxi I would advise using it as much as possible. Other reviews on Trip Advisor warned of bugs and frogs however I saw only two bugs and no frogs in our seven night stay so do not let these comments deter you. All in all the best holiday we have ever experienced and we came back refreshed and rejuvenated. The best way to describe the Phuket Pavilions is "When can I go back?".

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Karleigh E
Reviewed September 11, 2011

It is really a great place and I loved it from the very first moment. They greeted us with a nice drink and small deserts.They also gave us a flyer for free drinks at the bar.

We stayed at the ocean view pool villa. The rooms were big and nicely decorated. The staff were very friendly and helpfull. If you are too lazy to go down for the breakfast you can ask for room service but then the food is standart, you cant get anything extra like eggs benedict or becon which I really like.

One of the things you must try there is the massage. It was the best massage I ever got. Girls have magical hands and you relax so much that you can easily fall asleep.

Another good thing is that you can rent a car right from the reception and go downtown instead trying to find a taxi. We took a car and one of the places that we have visited was the local market. That is another thing you should see.Very colorful and interesting.You can bargain there and get the stuff for really good price.

Also want to add that when they took us from the airport inside the car refreshing wet cold towels and water was waiting for us. So our good impressions about the Pavillions started from the very beginning at the airport.

The Pavilions may be not a cheap place to stay but I think they deserve every penny.
If you seek for romantic, exotic and a private place to stay The Pavilions is the right place.
Perfect place, perfect service,lovely people! You wont regret!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Senem7
Reviewed August 31, 2011

I have traveled and stayed a few pool villas but I must say that Phuket Pavilions is the best ever.

We stayed in Ocean View Pool Villa and I find the villa perfect due to the following reason
- Perfect view of ocean and mountain where we never get bored of looking
- Enough length for you to actually swim unlike other pool villas
-Luxurious interior with nice touches here and there room, outdoor restaurant and any other common area
- Enough space inside
-Great /perfect food
- Nice bar
- Great massage
- Friendly & helpful staff

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
4  Thank canter0614
Reviewed August 25, 2011

My husband and I stayed here in June to celebrate our wedding anniversary, and loved it from the moment the car drove up the long, private driveway. The staff are all extremely friendly and helpful, and the view over the hills and to the sea is gorgeous.

We stayed in an ocean view pool villa which was fantastic. The infinity pool really is a huge plus to this room, and being completely private we could swim as much as we wanted and whenever we wanted without fear of anyone seeing us.
We ordered room service for dinner on one night and had a curry which was delicious, and very reasonably priced too which is unusual for luxury hotels/resorts.

There were many nice little touches in the room such as an ipod dock and stereo system with several current play lists to choose from (e.g. pool party, romance, chilling out, etc.), chocolates and poems on our bed each night, scented oil burners in the room, turn down service.

As mentioned by other reviewers the staff are able to pick you up in a buggy at a moments notice and will be ringing your doorbell within 2 minutes.
The 360 degree bar is small but really lovely, very relaxed and conducive to lounging around in, soaking up the vista and sipping delicious cocktails. The food here is also well priced and modern.

We asked to be shown the other types of rooms available and whilst the Spa and Pool Pavilions and Penthouse are newer than the Ocean View Villas, the layout didn't seem to be as well designed. However there are few more modern conveniences such as stereo system that is wired throughout the entire place (including the bathroom), rather than localised to one room as is the case with the Villas.

Breakfast was delicious although their interpretation of some western style dishes was unusual (hollandaise sauce on eggs was really think and clump, poached eggs did not have runny yolks), the asian style food was delicious and since you're in Thailand, so it should be! Waffles and pancakes were fantastic though, as was the green mango and yoghurt smoothie (sounds unusual but was actually sublime!).

We enjoyed a full body massage as part of our package and I must warn you that when they say full body, they aren't kidding! Perhaps Thai people approach this differently, but I would say it may shock some foreigners to have almost every part of their body massaged and not properly covered by the modesty sheet or towel....! This is probably something that should be looked into.

We would definitely return here, and mostly because of the people who were unbelievably friendly and welcoming.
Be warned however that this is not your typical resort in that there is no shared pool, only one restaurant and one bar, and no real activities to speak of; but if you're like us you'll be happy to just spend your day swimming, eating, lounging and sleeping in any order!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple