About 10 different expressions of absolute amazement ran through my mind the moment our Villa door opened that afternoon we arrived at Ayara, and I couldn't decide on the best one to express my shock, so I just stood there with my mouth hanging open.
We had chosen the Hilltops Pool Villa Suites at Ayara after hearing about it from friends and reading reviews, and apparently the resort was quite full and our Villa was the last Hilltop Pool Villa left. I couldn't have been happier. The view the moment the Resort Host opened the door was stunning. Our private infinity pool stretched out in front of me and seemed to drop off into the panoramic view of the Andaman Sea, a beautiful hill in the distance and the beach bays of Phuket. On the left was our bedroom villa, and on the right was our living and dining room villa. I knew very well that with a view like that and with our private infinity pool that looked oh-so-welcoming, I wouldn't want to go too far from our resort, at least for the first day. First activity on my list: spending as much time soaking and relaxing on the day beds and in the pool as possible, feasting my eyes and soothing my soul with the jaw-dropping view.
As our Resort Host showed us around, I noticed how wonderfully everything was maintained and how clean things were, especially the pool! It wouldn't be easy to keep things in good condition with the sea air and the humid temperature of Phuket, but it was clear that Ayara made a very good effort to do so. Well done! Even little details such as the folded floor mats of the bathrooms with spider lilies placed on top was testament to their efforts to ensure a relaxing and pleasurable stay.
All the staff spoke English that was at least understandable, and were very service-oriented. Even the gardening staff, chambermaids and janitors could speak some English and were very friendly, always with a ready smile or nod when we passed by. It says a lot about the working environment where even the cleaners seem happy. One evening, we had invited friends over to our villa for dinner. We informed the front desk about their arrival and asked for them to be brought to our villa. The staff at the front desk were very helpful and had no problems understanding our requests and acceding to them. Great service like that is always very reassuring; we knew our guests were in good hands.
The food selection at the restaurants was great. The first night we were there, they had a BBQ dinner. The prawns weren't very fresh, but the crayfish, calamari, fish wrapped in banana leaves, and the usual buffet selection more than made up for that. Some of the dishes at the complimentary breakfast buffet changed every morning, so it made breakfast more varied.
The spa was good as well, but we had some trouble at first when we were supposed to sit in a herbal sauna but couldn't figure out how to turn the sauna on. I had to shout down the empty hallway outside our massage room just so someone could come and operate the sauna for us.
The hotel boasted a buggy service that would take us to the nearby Surin Beach, and tie-ups with two of the beach clubs that would ensure we had a spot to hang out and just relax on the sand. The beach clubs looked very inviting, with friendly service staff and an extensive menu of snacks, meals and drinks. We didn't hang out at the beach very often, though, but will probably do so the next time we go.
All in all, a wonderful trip!! Our 3-night stay was too short, and I can't wait till we find the opportunity to return and this time perhaps stay a little longer. Hopefully it will be soon!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The days are yours to create, ours to fulfill. Caters to ADULTS only (No Children)(No extra beds). An enclave of 48 LUXURY SUITES set in 23 Villas amidst sloping exotic gardens, taking advantage of the arresting views offered by the emerald green Andaman Sea.Facilities and service are inspired by the single goal of helping each guest create their own journey of respite from the rigors of civilization.Whether you venture only as far as the boundaries of the resort or go further afield, the days are yours to create and ours to fulfill.Welcome to the private world of Ayara Hilltops! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Hotwire so you can book your Ayara Hilltops Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ayara Hilltops Hotel Thalang
- Hotel Ayara Hilltops
- Ayara Hilltops Resort And Spa Phuket, Thailand