I had a coupon so I ended up paying $175/night for the courtyard suite and stayed for 2 nights. Upon check in we were upgraded to a room with better view and stayed at suite #825 which directly faces Surin beach and the bay. I have to say, I have stayed at my share of hotels but this was by far the most romantic location and view, ever, in my life.
Location: Surin beach is on northern part of Phuket, its not as developed and touristy as Patong beach which is 15-20 mins ride. This is where the locals live but you still have one small downtown area 10 mins north of the resort. The private beach is nice with enough bars and shops to keep you entertained. This is DEFINITELY not where all the action is, this would be ideal for honeymooners or couples wanting to get away and be secluded but still have easy access to all the action in Patong beach. The resort is literally on a hilltop overlooking the beach so the main street isn't the easiest to navigate if driving or on a scooter. But its a quick 10 mins walk to the beach from the lobby or you can take the buggy from the resort which is available. ***TIP: There is a phone available at the buggy stop outside your villa. I did not hear ANY noise at all even though I had a full view of the main street, I guess due to our suite being pretty high up. In fact, I didn't hear anything, at all.
Resort: I've noticed Phuket is rather small and the resorts aren't as mega-structured. Ayara especially is a rather traditional beauty than a chain brand with lavish ammenities. But it has a gorgeous pool, bar, a restaurant, GORGEOUS spa (GO TO THE SPA, ITS SO CHEAP TOO!), a gym, a tiny gift shop, and a beautiful ground you can just explore.
Inclusive breakfast: Nothing to complain about. Spacious dining, juicer to juice your own fresh juice, tons of western and Thai choices. I believe an omelette station as well.
Service was immaculate, no complaints whatsoever. ***TIP: If you want a turn down service or to have the dishes picked up you need to display the sign on the main door. If you order a room service they ring the bell on the side of the villa so 90% of your villa is private.
Order the room service, yes its not the cheapest but its also reasonable. Order a dinner and just lounge on the patio overlooking the view none like any in the world. Honestly it was pretty cheap in fact.
ROOM/VILLA: Villa would be more appropriate, its really your own private villa. Our suite we hiked down a few steps to an overhang, then turned into a private seclusion into the patio. You first jump over a mini lotus pond (w/tadpoles!) then to the livingroom. Then to outside the courtyard w/hot water balinese shower and water feature. Then to the bedroom which connects to the bathroom suite with a soaking tub and a shower. Then a cold jetted tub outside the bedroom by the patio with 180 view of the beach, lush greens, main street, and the bay. USE all the ammenities, take 5 showers a day if you must, so worth it. Our favorite part of Phuket was our suite, because it just felt so exotic and serene. So you basically have 2 tubs and 2 showers and all the rooms are connected by sliding doors and ULTRA private at least our villa, you really feel like you have submerged yourself somewhere hidden.
***TIP: Rent a scooter for 400 bht which is like $10/day and instead of taking it to Patong beach, drive up north past the resort's beach to where the locals live. You'll see Phuket the real way, accidentally stumble upon long tail boats and private homes and just drive through the park.
If you MUST, cab it to Patong beach or a tuk tuk, rates are reasonable. I found Patong beach to be very similar to Hawaii but, dirtier and not as pretty IMO.
***We flew from Bangkok to Phuket and then back for $100 roundtrip for the both of us including 1st seating meaning we sat on the first row of the small plane via Air Asia
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The days are yours to create, ours to fulfill. Caters to ADULTS only (No Children)(No extra beds). An enclave of 48 LUXURY SUITES set in 23 Villas amidst sloping exotic gardens, taking advantage of the arresting views offered by the emerald green Andaman Sea.Facilities and service are inspired by the single goal of helping each guest create their own journey of respite from the rigors of civilization.Whether you venture only as far as the boundaries of the resort or go further afield, the days are yours to create and ours to fulfill.Welcome to the private world of Ayara Hilltops! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, ACCOR, Hotwire, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ayara Hilltops Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ayara Hilltops Hotel Thalang
- Hotel Ayara Hilltops
- Ayara Hilltops Resort And Spa Phuket, Thailand