“We Love Mr. Tan”

Mr.Tan Coffee House
Ranked #74 of 205 Restaurants in Choeng Thale
Cuisines: Thai
Description: Mr.Tan coffee house local restaurant in Phuket, located in Surin Beach Opposite Surin Beach SOI 4. Serving daily fresh cafe & food as well as good coffee.
Reviewed May 21, 2014

Firstly, the name Mr. Tan is just so cute. The owner explained to us that it is named after their son. Sweet! They make the best Thai Tea, it really is that good! They have cakes, Thai and European food, which is all absolutely tasty and the price is really reasonable. Wonderful staff and service always so kind and friendly; can’t wait to spend time in your café again, thank you so much for always accommodating us.

Reviewed May 10, 2014

As all the other reviews say, the coffee here is excellent, up there with some of the best back home in melbourne!

1  Thank Paris J
Reviewed April 26, 2014

We stayed for 7 nights in Surin and this little place ended up being my husband's favourite! We ate breakfast, lunch and dinner on separate days. All meals were fresh and tasty, the staff very friendly and it was clean and cool! My husband made the 2 minute dash from our resort each morning for his espresso fix! Best coffee in Thailand he reckons! We enjoyed trying different Thai dishes whilst our teenagers were happy with the western food options as well.

1  Thank ChevonneMc
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 16, 2014 via mobile

Just returned from a delicious meal at this restaurant. It's a fantastic little place with real character. The staff are extremely attentive and the food delicious. My boyfriend and I have been in Thailand a month and this is one of the most delicious meals we have had in all our time here. It's a definate yes to go, if only for a coffee and cake but we had a full meal... And what a meal. We left very full as portion sizes were very generous and our Tom Yum soup for starters was the nicest soup we've ever tasted we didn't leave a drop. The mains we had shrimp curries, squid phad thai and pineapple fried rice. The seafood was cooked perfect, not chewy at all which we had experienced quite a bit previously. I wish we could have eaten up but we plan to go again tomorrow for a final lunch time treat before flying off to Bangkok.
When we came to pay the bill I noticed a mistake. I called Mr Tan back to advise him of the error. He looked mortified I said there was something wrong. This gentleman really takes pride in his service and when I told him we owed him money as the extra two beers we just ordered were not on the bill he was very grateful! Can't recommend this place enough... Fantastic food and very reasonably priced!
We found this place courtesy of trip advisor, hence my first review because it helps you find great places like this. Thank you.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

For all you coffee lovers, this cosy & funky little cafe is a must stop. (opposite 7-Eleven in Surin).
After 4 years in Phuket I have finally found a place that serves fresh creamy coffee. The coffee beans are from Changmai & roasted locally.

1  Thank tim_campbell