“Ten out of ten for Mr Tan!”

Mr Tan Coffee House
Cuisines: Thai
A TripAdvisor Member
“Ten out of ten for Mr Tan!”
Reviewed April 16, 2014 via mobile

Just returned from a delicious meal at this restaurant. It's a fantastic little place with real character. The staff are extremely attentive and the food delicious. My boyfriend and I have been in Thailand a month and this is one of the most delicious meals we have had in all our time here. It's a definate yes to go, if only for a coffee and cake but we had a full meal... And what a meal. We left very full as portion sizes were very generous and our Tom Yum soup for starters was the nicest soup we've ever tasted we didn't leave a drop. The mains we had shrimp curries, squid phad thai and pineapple fried rice. The seafood was cooked perfect, not chewy at all which we had experienced quite a bit previously. I wish we could have eaten up but we plan to go again tomorrow for a final lunch time treat before flying off to Bangkok.
When we came to pay the bill I noticed a mistake. I called Mr Tan back to advise him of the error. He looked mortified I said there was something wrong. This gentleman really takes pride in his service and when I told him we owed him money as the extra two beers we just ordered were not on the bill he was very grateful! Can't recommend this place enough... Fantastic food and very reasonably priced!
We found this place courtesy of trip advisor, hence my first review because it helps you find great places like this. Thank you.

Ulladulla
“Coffee is best in Phuket”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

For all you coffee lovers, this cosy & funky little cafe is a must stop. (opposite 7-Eleven in Surin).
After 4 years in Phuket I have finally found a place that serves fresh creamy coffee. The coffee beans are from Changmai & roasted locally.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank tim_campbell
“DelightedDeb”
Reviewed April 2, 2014

what a great little find this shop is. Fabulous espresso coffee and the cakes were fresh and delicious. Got me on my return again

Visited March 2014
Woodland Park, Colorado
“Great affordable food”
Reviewed April 1, 2014

Found Mr Tan's place near the end of our vacation and really liked it. We eat both dinner and breakfast there. Prices were much more reasonable than other places, especially on the beach. It has a very relaxing deco and a good place to cool off and relax.

• Visited March 2014
“Great coffee, great breakfast and excellent Mango pancakes”
Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

We ate our breakfast here for five days in a row as we were staying nearby. The service was great and very friendly. The "western" style breakfast was a hit with the kids who had the Toast, eggs and bacon (must be said in this order!) everyday. The coffee was great as were the banana vanilla shakes (so I'm told) and the free WiFi works very well too.

Visited March 2014