“place for quality dinner”
Review of Zazada Beach Club - CLOSED

Zazada Beach Club
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Thai
Good for: Bar scene, Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Here, where turquoise seas meet azure skies and sun-kissed white sands, you’ll find a stimulating haven perfect for those who enjoy playtime by the sea. Vibrant and inspiring, ZAZADA Beach Club is a carefree playground for the adventurous – where entertainment novelties excite, creative culinary amuse and sparkling service engages.
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“place for quality dinner”
Reviewed January 21, 2014

I came to Zazada second time last night for dinner with my family. We were greeted by attentive host. The lounge is very stylish and reminded me some quality places in Seminyak (Bali). Service was good. Food came in 5-10 minutes after we ordered it. The first time pizza was fantastic which made me to come back the second time. But the second time it was different... i guess it was a different chef that night. Anyway it was good. I suggest to try Hawaiian pizza! Salt and pepper squid were light, fish and chip were perfect. My dad tried unusual burger with black ink bun and grilled salmon - it was an experience.. he loved it! ))) Draft beer was huge and my cocktails were delicious.. loved pomegranate martini. Management is excellent. Music is just right. Setting is beautiful. Now it's one of my favorite place on Surin and on Phuket. =)

• Visited January 2014
ZazadaPhuket, Manager at Zazada Beach Club, responded to this review, January 25, 2014
Dear BetalaaCosta,

First of all thank you so much for taking the time to review us here on Tripadvisor. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time here at ZAZADA beach club. Our pizza’s are very special and the squid ink salmon burger is one of our many unique dishes on our menu and I will pass your kind comments onto the head chef and I will also pass your comments on to the bar manager regarding the drinks.
We as a management team would also like to thank you for kind comments.
We are so glad that ZAZADA beach club is now your favorite places on Surin and in Phuket and we very much look forward to seeing you back again soon.
On a personal note thanks for the comment on the music as I personally worked very hard to get this right.

• Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Sydney, Australia
“comfortable place to lay back and enjoy the sunset”
Reviewed January 2, 2014

we enjoyed an afternoon leading into a lovely sunset at this new beach club. Had some good drinks backed up with some really excellent food, the pizza's were a standout and their burgers and starters were also high quality. Big couches, tables or a seat at the bar, along with the pool along the front, combine very nicely for a comfortable place to sit back and enjoy the Phuket sunshine. Umbrellas and sun lounges are available on the beach and the water was great. Its at the very end of the beach so not as hectic; a good option and well worth a visit; clean modern toilets are always big plus :-)

• Visited December 2013
ZazadaPhuket, Manager at Zazada Beach Club, responded to this review, January 4, 2014
Dear Paul,

Thank you so much for your review of ZAZADA Beach Club. We are so glad that you enjoyed your time here and I have passed all your comments onto the line managers. We take pride in every aspect of the club and I am personally so pleased that you have found everything to your taste. We appreciate all feedback and that fact you have taken the time to write and post this review. If you are still in Phuket or visit us again please do let me know.
Thanks again from the whole ZAZADA team

Phuket, Thailand
“Great start, needs a little more work”
Reviewed December 29, 2013

After my first time I came at Zazada after they just opened I already liked the place very much to hang out durnig the day and to have lunch/diner.
There is a nice, relaxed atmosphere and the prices are not as high as at the other places at Surin Beach. The staff is very friendly, but inactive and not pro active (sometimes you need to wait long to be helped), except for the 2 English managers, who are very nice, friendly and helpfull.
The food is for Thai meanings a little pricey (still very cheap compared to the other beachclubs at Surin), but you get value for the money, as the food is very nice and tastefull. It's nice to having the pool around, but I just miss a nice somewhat bigger shower you can use after being coming out of the sea. The seats at the beach side are very nice too and lovely to spend a lazy sunday on. Zazada is for sure worth a visit when you are at Surin Beach.

• Visited December 2013
ZazadaPhuket, Manager at Zazada Beach Club, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Dear MJ,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review ZAZADA beach club here on Tripadvisor. We appreciate all feedback, positive and negative so we can continue to improve our amazing club. We are so glad that you like to come here during the daytime and you enjoy the atmosphere and our scrumptious food. We have made a very serious effort to make sure our prices are not on the mega high side and thank you so much for noticing that across Surin beach we are the better value on prices.
The staffs we currently have are young and very enthusiastic and we are working with them as much as possible to get them up to the level we expect. This of course is an ongoing process made even harder when we are in peak season and super busy at the club but we will continue to train and help them and us get better.
We do have three showers on the beach, however I do take your point regarding a larger one and this is something that I will raise with the owners.
I am so happy to enjoy the pool as it is a stunning feature as well as a great place to cool off and your so right the seats beach side are nice, I just wish I could personally spend more time on them. ☺
I will of course pass your complements onto the two English managers, (I am one so thank you so much)
Once again thank you for taking the time to write a review and we all look forward to seeing you at ZAZADA beach club again soon.

Jay Leshark and the ZAZADA team
London, United Kingdom
“Nice ambience let down by poor service”
Reviewed December 24, 2013 via mobile

Spent a day on the sunloungers here in a great setting. Food was good and the place is very nice and chilled down the quieter end of surin beach, however the service was really bad which is a shame as I really liked the place overall. Staff were inattentive (which is unexpected in thailand) numerous of my orders wrong throughout the day and staff could barely speak English. I realise we are in thailand, but 80 per cent of customers there speak english. I also noticed another member of public complaining that day. We had spent the previous day at 'Pla' beach club on surin beach and although zazada is potentially nicer the service was worlds apart. Almost get the feeling that zazada has got a bit wrapped up in its cool zen vibe and forgotten the focus on the customer. Shame as it should be a decent place once it gets its house in order

• Visited December 2013
ZazadaPhuket, Manager at Zazada Beach Club, responded to this review, December 26, 2013
Dear Sirochey,

Thank you so much for your review and feedback. I am so pleased you enjoyed the food and the ambiance of our club. I am so very sorry that the service was not up to the standards that it should have been, and it is something we take very seriously and something we are always looking to improve on. We have been open for less that 4 months and granted not everything is perfect. Your comment about the lack of English is a little up setting as it is a second language for most of our staff and the different regional English accents do make it difficult at times for all Thais. I would also like to point out that not 80% of the clients speak English, we get lots of different nationalities here and of course our staff cannot be expected to speak fluent, English, Russian, French, German and Spanish. It is also not really fair to compare us to an established restaurant such as Pla, (great restaurant by the way) as they have been in operation for over 10 years.
Having said all that, and as said at the start, I am very sorry for the service and that orders were wrong and it’s a shame that you need not ask to see me when you were here as I would of course have liked to have discussed it with you personally and treated you to something on me to make up for the service. Of course I am always happy to meet with you and if you are still on the island please do contact me direct at desire@zazadabeachclub.com
Thanks so much again for taking the time to give us feedback and I hope to see you again at ZAZADA beach club.
Operations Manager
Phuket, Thailand
“Not bad for just being open”
Reviewed November 11, 2013

The family and I had a lunch at the beach club. It was overall a pretty good experience with the staff doing ok. Still a few small things they need to improve on. Food was really good, simple and very tasty. The pizza was good. Having the pool was great and the kids loved it.
Couple of things they need to work on, drinks did take a little time to come and staff english was not great, but we are in Phuket so thats ok.
Overall good place and I am sure it will be a very busy location once people hear about it.

• Visited October 2013
ZazadaPhuket, General Manager at Zazada Beach Club, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Dear Jitsme,

Thank you so much for your review of our new Beach Club on Surin beach. As you have mentioned we are brand-new and thank you for visiting us with your family. We take all feedback very seriously and I will make sure that the points that you have raised will be brought up in our next HOD meeting. The teams here at Zazada Beach Club are glad that overall you enjoyed your time here and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Thanks again for taking the time to review us and have a great day.