“Nice ambience let down by poor service”
Review of Zazada Beach Club - CLOSED

Zazada Beach Club
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Thai
Good for: Bar scene, Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Here, where turquoise seas meet azure skies and sun-kissed white sands, you’ll find a stimulating haven perfect for those who enjoy playtime by the sea. Vibrant and inspiring, ZAZADA Beach Club is a carefree playground for the adventurous – where entertainment novelties excite, creative culinary amuse and sparkling service engages.
London, United Kingdom
“Nice ambience let down by poor service”
Reviewed December 24, 2013 via mobile

Spent a day on the sunloungers here in a great setting. Food was good and the place is very nice and chilled down the quieter end of surin beach, however the service was really bad which is a shame as I really liked the place overall. Staff were inattentive (which is unexpected in thailand) numerous of my orders wrong throughout the day and staff could barely speak English. I realise we are in thailand, but 80 per cent of customers there speak english. I also noticed another member of public complaining that day. We had spent the previous day at 'Pla' beach club on surin beach and although zazada is potentially nicer the service was worlds apart. Almost get the feeling that zazada has got a bit wrapped up in its cool zen vibe and forgotten the focus on the customer. Shame as it should be a decent place once it gets its house in order

• Visited December 2013
ZazadaPhuket, Manager at Zazada Beach Club, responded to this review, December 26, 2013
Dear Sirochey,

Thank you so much for your review and feedback. I am so pleased you enjoyed the food and the ambiance of our club. I am so very sorry that the service was not up to the standards that it should have been, and it is something we take very seriously and something we are always looking to improve on. We have been open for less that 4 months and granted not everything is perfect. Your comment about the lack of English is a little up setting as it is a second language for most of our staff and the different regional English accents do make it difficult at times for all Thais. I would also like to point out that not 80% of the clients speak English, we get lots of different nationalities here and of course our staff cannot be expected to speak fluent, English, Russian, French, German and Spanish. It is also not really fair to compare us to an established restaurant such as Pla, (great restaurant by the way) as they have been in operation for over 10 years.
Having said all that, and as said at the start, I am very sorry for the service and that orders were wrong and it’s a shame that you need not ask to see me when you were here as I would of course have liked to have discussed it with you personally and treated you to something on me to make up for the service. Of course I am always happy to meet with you and if you are still on the island please do contact me direct at desire@zazadabeachclub.com
Thanks so much again for taking the time to give us feedback and I hope to see you again at ZAZADA beach club.
Best Wishes
Jay Leshark
Operations Manager

• Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Phuket, Thailand
“Not bad for just being open”
Reviewed November 11, 2013

The family and I had a lunch at the beach club. It was overall a pretty good experience with the staff doing ok. Still a few small things they need to improve on. Food was really good, simple and very tasty. The pizza was good. Having the pool was great and the kids loved it.
Couple of things they need to work on, drinks did take a little time to come and staff english was not great, but we are in Phuket so thats ok.
Overall good place and I am sure it will be a very busy location once people hear about it.

• Visited October 2013
ZazadaPhuket, General Manager at Zazada Beach Club, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Dear Jitsme,

Thank you so much for your review of our new Beach Club on Surin beach. As you have mentioned we are brand-new and thank you for visiting us with your family. We take all feedback very seriously and I will make sure that the points that you have raised will be brought up in our next HOD meeting. The teams here at Zazada Beach Club are glad that overall you enjoyed your time here and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Thanks again for taking the time to review us and have a great day.

Best Wishes