Trisara
Dusit Thani Laguna Phuket(Choeng Thale)(Great Value!)
$107
$102
Hotels.com
Outrigger Laguna Phuket Beach Resort(Choeng Thale)(Great Value!)
$92
Novotel Phuket Surin Beach Resort.(Choeng Thale)(Great Value!)
$89
$62
  • Pool
The Pavilions Phuket(Choeng Thale)(Great Value!)
$141
Angsana Laguna Phuket(Choeng Thale)(Great Value!)
$132
$108
Agoda.com
Movenpick Resort Bangtao Beach Phuket(Bang Tao Beach)(Great Value!)
$164
$147
Ayara Hilltops Resort and Spa Surin Beach(Choeng Thale)(Great Value!)
$146
$135
The Chava Resort(Choeng Thale)(Great Value!)
$351
$331
The Surin Phuket(Choeng Thale)(Great Value!)
$177
Anantara Layan Phuket Resort(Choeng Thale)(Great Value!)
$200
$143
Trip.com
All reviewsanthony larkseafood restaurantprivate pooldeck restauranttrufflefour seasonsour honeymoonthe general managerocean frontwe stayed in an ocean viewphang nga bayandaman seamain pooloutdoor showerthai menucomplete privacyluxury resort
Reviewed November 28, 2013

The grandest of hotels on our honeymoon- this 39 villa property is exceptional, in every single way. Every villa on this property is special. Massive bedrooms and private pools (no baby plunge pool here), great bathrooms and bathroom amenities and the service is unmatched. Far, far away from the mess and noise of Patong and Phuket town, this hotel boasts incredible westward views, a private beach, superb dining and a truly relaxing experience.

A special thanks to Hot, Bee, Honey and the rest of the library and guest relations staff for a truly special stay!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank saul1220
Reviewed November 26, 2013

We were picked up from the airport by two very helpful gentlemen, one who greeted us at the terminal and the other who then drove us to the resort. Upon arriving, we were blown away by how beautiful the resort looked as we drove through the grounds to the main reception.

Once we got inside the main reception, we were met with disdain by the Assistant Manager, Helen. Heavens knows if she was having a bad day or if she just always looked down on her guests, but my wife and my mood certainly changed pretty sharply after that greeting.

We were taken to our villa by buggy (the first and only time in our week's stay that a buggy would pick us up on time) and our check-in and orientation process was finalised.

If I'm to be picky, there were some minor wear-and-tear issues in some corners of the walls which, on the one hand is disappointing given the high standard one expects of a resort like this, but on the other, is so minor that it wasn't even worth mentioning to the staff and didn't affect our stay at all.

On our second day, we hitched a ride on a cart back to our room during which, one of the staff told us that if we wanted to, it was easy to kayak out to the island off the beach and then snorkel around there. What a great idea! We got down to the beach and asked for a kayak and a couple of snorkels. We were then told by the beach hands that we weren't able to kayak out to the island, but I insisted that I had been told by a staff member that we could and they begrudgingly traipsed off to get a kayak for my wife and I. After all the eye-rolling and the deep sighing, the kayak was delivered to the beach sans snorkels which then prompted more eye-rolling and deep sighing before they took time out of their busy, busy schedule to get my wife and I a snorkel each.

We went out to Phuket town a couple of nights which was nice, Antoine, the General Manager, had a couple of solid restaurant recommendations. I would caution booking a taxi through Trisara as it seems as though they either take a booking fee or they don't negotiate the price of the taxi too hard. Save yourself some Baht and book a taxi yourself (they're quite a high standard of cab).

We treated ourselves to an in-villa BBQ one night, which was lovely. The food was outstanding and the view, spectacular. Once the chef was done though, I felt as though he may as well have stood there with his hands out asking for a tip as he lingered far too long for my liking. Frankly, when everything is being charged a base rate plus service charge, no one should be getting a tip unless the service extraordinarily warrants it (which it didn't).

Finally, our stay at Trisara ended. We received a lovely letter the day before our check-out which outlined a timetable of our check-out. As usual, the buggy didn't arrive on time; in fact, we had started walking with all of our bags and were about halfway to the reception before a buggy stopped us to pick us up. Once at reception, there were no niceties. No one bothered to ask us if we had enjoyed our stay, or where we were going next, we were just presented with a bill and pointed to the car.

Our trip had ended the way it had started, being treated with disdain.

Pros:
Beautiful location
Villas are generally very well kept
Food and drink is of a high quality

Cons:
Staff are socially awkward
Staff can be rude at times in the way they expect to be tipped for just about everything
The buggies are useless in timing. Don't bother trying to book a buggy, or if you do, call ahead about an hour.

At the end of the day, my wife and I had a nice week -- we worked on our tans and relaxed -- but we definitely walked away feeling like Trisara only cared about the money we could put in to the place and not about us as people.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
10  Thank JetGuy2000
Antoine M, General Manager at Trisara, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2013

Dear JetGuy2000

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. Please allow me to address your concerns in my response below.

I wish to apologize for the wear and tear you observed in your villa. Please be reassured that we have an annual maintenance program and regular inspections to check for wear and tear throughout the year.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the lack of service we normally pride ourselves for at the Water Sport Center. I have shared your feedback with our Recreation Manager to ensure that all guest requests are accommodated in a professional manner.

In regards to the taxi fares, I am afraid the prices are set by the Phuket Taxi Authority and we do not take any commission from these fares. I agree with you that the prices are high in comparison to Bangkok.

We have 8 buggies in the front office and normally guests should not have to wait more than 10 minutes for a buggy to arrive. In case a buggy is late to pick up guests’ luggage, we would recommend giving us a call and a bellboy will go straight away to the villa.

I am sorry if you felt pressured to tip the staff and I have reiterated to all my team that we do not expect "tips" . As you rightly mentioned, there is a 10% service charge which is distributed equally amongst the staff which recognize the service our team offer.

Lastly I would like to apologize on behalf of my colleague, Helen, who is a charming young Irish lady, regarding your welcome at the resort. Both Helen and I try to meet every guest at arrival and departure in order to offer personalized service. Please be reassured that I have discussed it with Helen for us to make sure all our guests feel warmly welcomed and are met on departure.

JetGuy200, I do wish to apologize for the service inconsistencies you have encountered during your stay. I am glad that you enjoyed Trisara’s location, the villa and the quality of our food and drinks. I certainly hope to welcome you back at Trisara and wish you all the best for the future.

Reviewed November 21, 2013 via mobile

Everything was perfect except for the Hotel vehicle ( A Volvo XC90) reversing and knocking our buggy and also the electricity got cut off a few times during our 3rd night out of the 4 nights we stayed at the Resort, otherwise it was a magnificent vacation!

Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Blue_Vortex
Antoine M, General Manager at Trisara, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2013

Dear Blue-Vortex
I am glad you had a great stay with us.
Regarding the hotel vehicle, I am sorry to hear that there was a minor incident when our bell boy reversed without seeing the buggy in his blind spot. Our driver are normally very careful and drive safely.
As for the electricity, unfortunately the local electricity supply occasionally cuts during heavy rain showers however Trisara has its own generator which provides full backup within 5 seconds of these cut offs.
Once again thank you for your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

We enjoyed a lot at this beautiful hotel. what a memorable night !
WE choose this hotel for birthday night remember. The room was so amazed us at the first step in. The room decor for birthday, that make us very surprised. Very happy moment we had and enjoyed. Of course surely never forget it.
Staff there so wonderful and helpful.

Room Tip: Any room, on the front side
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank RhythmNguyen2013
Reviewed November 13, 2013

Gorgeous room, beautiful pool, spectacular public rooms, close to the airport, fantastic restaurants, great tennus, wonderful ideas for day trips ( go see na trang bay in a private boat!) charming staff-- a shout out to Antoine the fantastic general manager-- great guy who made us feel very welcome!
we just loved the place!

• Stayed: November 2013