“Hope to be back soon!”

Sansuri Resort Phuket
Reviewed February 27, 2014 via mobile

Just checked out of Sansuri after a 4 month stay. They were newly opened when I first got there and with some work still being done on site it was a bit annoying at times. Today as I check out it has actually been transformed and I am sad to be leaving. The size of the rooms and my nice sea view made it feel even better than home. Farewell Sansuri I hope to be back!

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank danielle4red

Reviewed February 22, 2014

Just spent 7 days in February at Sansuri and was amazed at the apartment. We had a ground floor 2 bedroom which had nearly a direct swim up to our room. The lovely girl who checked us in showed me around the apartment and always had a smile on her face. The resort is still being finished but in no way did this detract from enjoying our stay. It is an easy walk to the main beach at Surin with lots of lovely eating places along the way. Thanks to all the staff and to Peter for making sure all was as it should be.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank GreerS
Reviewed February 5, 2014

We recently stayed at these appartments from 22/1/2014 for 7 nights. The appartments were fantasically spacious very comfortable - some of the rooms were not finished but there was no noise or inconvienence to us. I had the pool to myself & used it daily wonderfully large loved this! Easy walk to both Surin & Bang Toa Beaches heaps of places to eat. The staff were great there was a little bit of a language problem but we always managed to get around this as Peter the manager made himself avaliable. Another mention was the driver very helpful took us on a trip around big budda, temple, elephant ride & tiger temple this is a must do the best experience & the animals were well treated too. Overall had a great rip would we go back yes definately! Mandy & Paul

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Mandy W
Reviewed January 13, 2014

My partner and I found a great deal on Groupon 4 months prior to our arrival in Phuket. We knew the hotel apartments were brand new and that we were among a few staying at the resort for its opening. It is promoted on some sites as a 5 star but it would be fair to say that at present I would rate it a 3.5 star as the hotel has not yet been completed.

Sanauri kindly picked up the bill for our airport transfer which was a nice touch and unexpected. I was however surprised upon arrival that the hotel was not finished and building work was still going on. It was not a building site as such, just a number of apartments were unfinished, gym area was not ready, stairwells had cable and wires exposed and the bar area was not ready for guests.

The staff are friendly & welcoming, although it was hard to communicate when asking questions. You could tell the staff were finding their feet.

Our one bed apartment was beautiful & very spacious, lovely soft towels, large balcony overlooking the pool area. However it did lack the 5 star amenities.
Plenty of cutlery and pots and pans but useless as the cooking stove was small & the conventional microwave oven was also tiny!! All the boxes for the new appliances were left in the cupboards, TV only had 10 Chanel's not 16, not all the plug sockets worked.

We ordered food to the room on our first night, which arrived cold & not very presentable.

Sansuri offer a shuttle bus to take you to Surin beach. It took us about 10-15mins to walk but handy for a ride home after a late dinner on the beach. This will cost you 100BHT one way.

The operations manageress offered us a complimentary breakfast on Boxing Day, which we gladly accepted with thanks. To our surprise three servings of breakfast was brought to our room!!
My partner and I thought they must of have made a mistake and didn't think any more of it. An hour later I left my partner in the apartment whilst I went to the shops. on my return my partner informed me that the extra breakfast was deliberate, and the manageress had sat down to her cold breakfast to discuss whether on not we would be interested in a timeshare!!!!

Overall for the price we paid, Sansuri was nice. If I had paid the now advertised prices then I would have been very disappointed. I do believe with time, feedback and once the hotel is fully operational it will meet its 5 star potential.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Lucy U
Reviewed December 12, 2013

I am a seasoned Phuket visitor and come on holiday with my partner every year. I recently stayed at Sansuri chosen because we like to have a larger place to stay, rather than a 'hotel room', when we are on holiday. The apartment we booked was spacious but we were really delighted when they upgraded us to a 2 bed even though there were only two of us. It was a huge apartment! Breakfast was served to us in our room and we sat on the balcony in our robes enjoying the view ... so relaxing and lovely! We had a different selection each day too, something a bit different from other hotels we have stayed in. We could walk to either of the local beaches which took about 15 minutes but there was an onsite shuttle that did us cheap trips there and back. Great for those hot days and tired legs! OK, I know, there are still some finishing jobs being done onsite, but we really weren’t disturbed during our stay so it wasn’t a problem. The friendly staff did everything to make our stay memorable. We were told the fitness centre would be finished within the next few weeks ... maybe next time we come we will take advantage of this ( well, not me but my partner! ) Overall highly recommended and I am looking forward to coming back next year!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MrsTwig
Reviewed November 22, 2013

This place is horrible!

I cannot call this a resort/hotel, it's more like a construction site! Everything is not done - you arrive at a un-pave car park with broken concrete, then walk up some half complete stairs to a posh lobby, but don't let the lobby fool you!

Then you look everywhere else, 90% of the rooms are incomplete, some only has its barebones with no windows. Corridors are unlit, it's ceiling spaghetti with exposed wires...

The rooms that are done are ok, not grand nor posh but ok.

We were so uncomfortable that we had to find another hotel!

• Stayed: November 2013
3  Thank Binvin
The_ResidencePhuket, General Manager at Sansuri Resort Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2013

Firstly on behalf of the management I would like to offer our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused during your brief visit to our resort. Unfortunately due to your arrival time of 4.30am your room was not ready (our check in time is 2pm) therefore we were required to place you in a temporary room while we waited for your room to be prepared, unfortunately the room you were given was on the top floor which still has some rooms and sections of the of the corridor that are still being finished, we appreciate that this would have given a bad impression which would not be in comparison to the rest of the resort. We wish you had waited a little longer and stayed with us as we are confident that you would have had a great time in a beautiful apartment, just like all our other guests have enjoyed. Again our sincere apologies.

Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

This apartment/hotel is a fantastic place to stay. Very comfortable, spacious and luxurious with balcony and sea view. Friendly and helpful staff. They offer a taxi pick up to and from the airport and around the island during your stay, which is handy. You can order food straight to your room if need be. It's close enough to the beach to walk.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
The Residence Resort and Spa Retreat
Angsana Laguna Phuket
Angsana Laguna Phuket
#9 of 36 in Choeng Thale

Been to Sansuri Resort Phuket? Share your experiences!