“great experience and great value”

The Corner Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 177 Restaurants in Choeng Thale
Cuisines: German, Thai, International
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Description: A cozy Thai-German owned restaurant with a capacity of 50 seats, serving home-made International, Thai & German dishes (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner) in a clean and relaxed atmosphere. A delicious buffet is available every Monday and Thursday from 6.00Pm, onwards. Lunch Specials from 11am-5.00Pm. We are located on the main road leading towards Laguna, opposite the new ZCape Condominium. We are open daily from 9:00am till late. NOTE: OPEN EVERY DAY. Reservations are recommended. Pick-up/shuttle service within the Laguna area upon request & upon availability, only. We look forward to your visit. Best regards 'THE CORNER" Restaurant Team.
Reviewed April 17, 2014

After being a little shocked at the prices in the resort restaurants I turned to TripAdvisor, and I'm so thankful I did.

I dined with my wife and two boys (15 and13) as well as a friend and her two boys (one of whom has a number of aleries).

The night started extremely well with the tuktuk that the restaurant sent (great Kenny and Dolly playing). When we arrived wee were greater by the gracious owner. He explained about the buffet and À la carte, he was extremely helpful with the alergie issue and what food he could eat from the buffet

I started with the thai soup from the buffet which was great as were the spring rolls. I also had the spaghetti bolegnase which was tasty and had an unusual flavor to the sauce (to me it tasted like a pork mince in the sauce which gave a lovely light flavor)

All in all great value for Thb290 (690 with a lovely red wine). We will definitely go back and try the À la carte

1  Thank Stuart H

Reviewed April 14, 2014

We stopped at that place recently and I have to say we had a great dinner. The waiter was very nice and polite and the owner came in person to check that everything was ok. We obviously ate thai and the food was delicious, while our young 2 1/2 child had a more casual european meal. We spent a very nice moment and I would recommend any person to go there. Thank you for your kindness.

Reviewed April 11, 2014 via mobile

We past by the corner Restaurant by chance and we are glad that we stopped by to have dinner....very nice

Reviewed April 10, 2014

Like the previous reviewer Martin (whom I sat opposite last night) I too had stumbled across this place by chance. I was looking at the menu outside and Jens the owner came out (same as Martin and others who were perusing the menu - every person ended up coming in and eating so Jens is clearly a very good salesman!). Anyway, I decided to eat Thai as I spend quite a lot of time in Phuket and enjoy the local food. Started with chicken satay, very tasty and beautifully presented, then had chicken with cashew nuts and jasmine rice - again very tasty with presentation and service that would not appear out of place in a 5* venue. Good food, decent selection of drinks and great service. Decor and toilets also high quality. The price was pretty low too so a very good experience all round.

2  Thank baconovich
Reviewed April 9, 2014

We came across this restaurant by chance, normally it is closed on a Wednesday but due to a visit by a local dignitary taking place the owner had opened. Air conditioned interior a pleasant change to the usual open aired restaurants. The owner Jens clearly has an eye for detail, in particular with the care taken in the presentation of every meal and the thought into selecting the crockery the food is served on. The quality of the food was excellent, the satay starters in particular are worth a try, the mains sweet and sour chicken and the phat thai chicken were both wonderful. Service was excellent and very friendly. Jens was more than willing to share his extensive knowledge of Phuket which was also really helpful.

1  Thank Martin G