“Amazing food! Ate here 2 out of 3 nights.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Texas Steakhouse - CLOSED

Texas Steakhouse
Cuisines: American, Mexican, Steakhouse, Southwestern, Barbecue
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“Amazing food! Ate here 2 out of 3 nights.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

We live in Asia so eat a fair amount of Thai food so didn't feel bad about not eating the local fare. I was a little unsure about eating Tex Mex as Thailand isn't exactly renowned for it. I have to say I was not just pleasantly surprised but absolutely blown away. I had the pork sliders, which were phenomenal. My husband had the ribs, which were delicious and cooked to perfection. Deck d night we had burgers- again these were amazing. Most of the food in Surin is pretty average, especially along the beach. This is by far and away the best place, even if a little out of context. I really hope this is still here the next time we visit Phuket.

• Visited May 2013

• Korean first
Thalang District, Thailand
“Praying for improvement”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013

I am an American and been living in Phuket for work for the past six months. When I saw this restaurant on Tripadvisor I was so jazzed to be able to get some of the dishes I have been craving for, hot wings in particular. I drove down to Surin to have lunch at Texas Steakhouse but unfortunately they are not open for lunch. I did take a look inside and saw the menu and got even more excited. Every item on the menu, except for the Fried Okra, is like reading the greatest hits list for bar food. This was getting me even more excited for an evening of good ol' 'merican grease grinding. Went back for dinner that night but unfortunately it didn't live up to expectations. Here's why:

Hot Wings: I guess I was hoping for Buffalo Wings like Hooters. What is served here is what we call Wing Zings back in the states. Frozen breaded wings with a bit of spice which are sold commercially to restaurants. This is the lazy mans Buffalo wings. No thought or effort needed to deep fry these straight from the bag. They are seriously substandard to Buffalo Wings you can find in the states. The hot sauce is very mild and is served on the side in a small dish. Chicken wings are easy to come by in Phuket so I am not sure why they wouldn't make these fresh. In the hotel I last managed we would marinate the wings in hot sauce over night, bake them half way then fry to finish and crisp smother in hot sauce and serve with blue cheese or ranch.

Deep Fried Calamari: Same as above. Pre-made calamari rings lacking any creativity or life. The squid boats can be seen off of Surin beach. Buy it fresh and make it Sam Choy's style. Google it.

Deep Fried Okra: Same as above. Can't taste the okra. Do some deep fried pickles or something like that.

Chicken Fajitas: This was ok but give more of the salsa and guacamole.

Margarita: Really bad for a Tex-Mex restaurant. Please work on this.

Service: Excellent. She noticed my wife didn't like the Margarita and tried to fix it without us asking.

So why 5 Stars? My selfish hope that this restaurant is a big hit with freshly made American food so I can enjoy eating there in the future. Best of luck!

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Pontus H, Owner at Texas Steakhouse, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Let me first say that we at Texas are greatly disappointed that our food didn’t live up to your
expectations. I would like to note that NOTHING in our kitchen comes in frozen except for french
fries and ice cream. As for your comments about our hot wings, please take note that they are called
“hot wings,” not “buffalo wings.” This is because when this restaurant first opened it was completely
Swedish owned, and this is the style most of our clientele prefer. Our wings are bought fresh and
marinated for 2-3 days in our own spices and sauces before being breaded and fried. As an American, I
know what you were looking for, but sadly in Thailand it is very hard to find proper buffalo sauce or the
ingredients to make it from scratch.

As far as the calamari goes, this too is bought fresh from the market. We make our own breading and
coat the rings and fry them to order. Calamari is bland on it’s own, which is why we use seasonings
in our breading and serve it with the aioli sauce. I apologize it wasn’t to your liking. I’ll look into Sam
Choy’s style J

Fried okra…what can I say? I use the southern style of cooking when making it and panko bread crust it
and serve it with homemade ranch or bleu cheese dressing. I have just added this to the menu and have
given away a lot of orders to see how people reacted. This is the first time I’ve heard anything negative
about it. Fried pickles are on our special appetizer menu sometimes. Keep posted to Facebook to follow
that.

The fajitas are served with all the fixin’s…just ask for more and we will gladly serve it up. Now, for the
margarita. I know exactly what happened. We make our own sour mix (as Thailand has nothing of the
sort) and we just got a staff member back that has been gone for a long time. We haven’t been mixing
the sugar with the juices lately and she didn’t know. I’m assuming your rita was sour…this problem
hopefully was solved that night and has since been approached.

Come back around and try it again, as I know we are capable of taking care of you the way you’re
looking for.

Danny
Redland City, Australia
“So good I went back the next night.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

Eating here has been a real treat while my wife and I have been staying in Surin Beach.
The young team running this place are passionate and committed to a top rate dining experience.
On the first night we had the ribeye steak and it was so good we decided to come back to try out more of their menu the next night.
Our second time around my wife had the nachos and I had the ribs. I thought it couldn't beat the first night but, wow. The ribs were succulent, smokey and finger lickingly tasty.
The wait staff were also exceptional - friendly, fun and attentive.
Seriously, give these guys some love, you won't be disappointed.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank HungryFeet
Chonburi, Thailand
“Ridiculously good food and service!!! Go here!!! You will not be disappointed!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

Went here twice. The first time we ordered great chargrilled steaks. Cooked exactly how we asked. Really really good. The second time was because the Surin Bay Inn had the worst service in Thailand. (seriously? Dont go there!!)
The second time around, I had the plain nachos. Omg. The serving size was HUGE. I was kinda glad that I ordered the plain!! The corn chips were too die for. No Doritos here people. This is the good stuff. It came with four lil dishes of sides. Handmade fresh salsa, handmade guacamole and the best handmade beans I have ever had. The piece de resistance was the cheese sauce. Oh yeah. It was so good. The flavours were amazing. I couldnt eat it all. The other half ordered the BBQ ribs. Which looked and smelt so good.

The food here was amazing, two different nights, two different meals and still really really great, genuine Texan food.

( Also the Andaman Rings are heaven)

Just go, you will not be disappointed.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank longstockinginjapan
Brisbane, Australia
“Great Portions and Quality”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013

Great food, Superb beer served in ice cold glasses served by the hottest lady in Surin Beach!
Portions are big and ribs pretty damn good with meat falling off the bone!!!

Visited April 2013