“Amazing experience, beautiful beach”

Phuket International Horse Club
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
78 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 77 helpful votes
“Amazing experience, beautiful beach”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

When I scheduled the ride, I explained that we were both good riders and asked if we would be able to canter on the beach. I was told that would be no problem and we were excited. I was pleased to see that they provide helmets for the riders, so many places don't do this. When we arrived and filled out paperwork, I listed my husband as an intermediate rider (the choices were beginner/ intermediate/ advanced), because while we own 2 horses, he has only been riding for a couple of years and he doesn't ride often. It was just the 2 of us and the guide. So as we head off for the beach, there is a young man leading my husband's horse. I didn't think too much of it since we were walking along the street. Maybe the horse spooks at cars or something. But when we got to the beach, the man was still leading the horse. Our guide didn't speak much English, but I was finally able to get him to understand that my husband could canter. So off we went. For safety reasons we were only able to canter when there weren't people on the beach. And there were several stretches where this was possible. The horses loved going fast and also loved running along the water's edge. It's a gorgeous beach with beautiful mountains all around. It was really spectacular. My horse (Bonita) was fantastic to ride and hard to keep at a walk. He had a very smooth canter and didn't want to stop. My husband's horse (Love Me) was very fast and seemed to love cantering, but he was wheezing and having difficulty breathing after we cantered, and it took him a very long time to breathe normally again. I worry that there was something wrong with him since my husband only weighs 180lbs/82kg. The guide took several pictures of us on our horses, so we have many nice memories of this day. I would definitely do this again. Just make sure that you explain your riding ability to the people at the office (who speak English) before you leave. We also arranged for them to pick us up and return us to our hotel, which was a very reasonable cost.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank soonergirl1991

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Hong Kong, China
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Terrible service”
Reviewed December 27, 2012

They lost the booking and forgot to pick us up, despite my THREE confirmations of the booking in advance (via phone and email).

Visited December 2012