“PADI course with Bangtao Dive Center”

Bangtao Dive Center
Ranked #1 of 7 Tours in Choeng Thale
More attraction details
Owner description: Our dive shop in Bangtao Beach, Phuket. It’s not far from Surin Beach only 500 meters. Just walk a few steps to reach our dive shop. Our shop we have diving equipment difference brand for sell.We are also just one who’s sell as comprehensive such as Masks, Snorkels, Fins, Wet Suit, Dive Bag & Cases, Torches, Dive Knives, Marine Book, Accessories.We are also a diving school. Diving courses are start from the beginning the Discover Scuba Diving to professional Divemaster. We also offer half day diving to the Koh Weah and full day trip to Rcha Yai, King Cruiser, Koh Doc Mai., Shark Point, Phi Phi Island and Similan Islands (The dive site top 10 in the world for the Similan Islands).For Similan Islands we have 1day trip and live a board. It’s a good chance to see Manta Ray, Shark, and Whale Shark etc. It offers a good service yummy food look sunrise& sunset at sundeck and friendly service you will never forget our service
Birkenhead, England, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“PADI course with Bangtao Dive Center”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

I did my PADI course through Bangtao Dive Center with the instructor James Bond in June 2013. I had only a narrow window to complete the course whilst I was in Phuket for a friends wedding. I arrange the course via email before I travelled from the UK and replies were always prompt and accommodating. On my first night I was met at my hotel in the Laguna area by Suntorn who provided me with all the paperwork/DVDs so I could be ready to go!

I was able to complete the pool training on the Monday then the opened water dives on Friday/Saturday after the wedding.

I found it was really easy to learn all the required knowledge from James and he progressed through the course quickly but most importantly safely. I felt confident that he covered everything I needed to know at an appropriate pace...which left plenty of time for the fun dives!

We did 4 dives over 2 days. The boat trip was great, quiet enough that you didn't feel you were fighting for space but enough people around to be sociable (as I was doing the course by myself this was important to me). During the open water dives I had one to one instruction and guidance from James and was given plenty of time to get everything done correctly to pass and also enjoy the beautiful and impressive Thailand aquatic life.

James took some fantastic pictures and videos during the dives as you can see! I came away with hundreds of still images and videos, this was an extra cost for the CD however it was more than worth it for the quality of the images.

Bangtao Dive Center is a locally owned and run Thai business I would definitely recommend it for anyone wanting to complete their PADI course above any other in the areas.

Thanks and hopefully I will see you again next time!

Visited June 2013
2 Thank MPBPT1

• Thai first
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Highly Recomended Dive Shop and Guide”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

My girlfriend and I decided to dive with James Bond (the owner) back in February and were delighted with the friendly and very efficient service we received. All the equipment we hired (BCD's and Regulators, wet suits etc) were well serviced and in very good condition with a decent size selection for a small business - Fiona needs a XS BCD which we struggle to source at some venues. James obviously knows the dive sites like the back of his hand and gave us good pre-dive briefings every time. Good service deserves recognition and this dive outfit ticks all the right boxes - thanks 007!

Visited February 2013
3 Thank jono686
Alberta Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Great Diving Choice”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

We did several dives with James. We were prepaired for each dive in advance by James, where we were going, what do we expect to see .....
James has an easy going attitude towards what ever level one is at for diving, my wife is more experienced then I am & James took his time to demonstrate how I can improve my diving skills. By the end of our dive adventures with James, my wife & I felt very comfortable.
James took several photos of our diving experiences with him that we will treasure forever.
We highly recommend Bangtao Dive Centre to arrange your scuba diving.
Thanks James

3 Thank gnorman49
Cambridge UK
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Fab Dive Guide - amazing dive sites.”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Diving with James Bond from Bantao Dive Center is a must. Dive sites around Phuket are excellent, lots of different things to see, soft corals, sharks, sea snakes, nudibranchs, turtles, nemos & barracudas to name a few. James is very calm, knowledgable and takes amazing photographs. All round top guy. Will definately dive with him again when we return to Phuket.

3 Thank RobMitch7
Billingshurst, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Amazing!”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Loved diving with James Bond, he's great. Highly recommended!! Miss Thailand and the diving, can't wait to go back!! :) Thanks James!!!

6 Thank Yasmin92