“Do Not Miss Resort”
Review of The Surin Phuket

The Surin Phuket
Ranked #3 of 36 Hotels in Choeng Thale
Reviewed March 30, 2014

A lucky choice to break up a 2 month trip. We chose it from the internet, and scored BIG. Wonderful beach, great food and very helpful staff. We were upgraded to a beachfront villa and it was fantastic. One staff member stood out, although all were very helpful and were there to please. Hakim Lakehal was professional, engaging and a pleasure to talk to.

Oh, and we would suggest visiting the spa. Excellent service by a well trained staff. But that is what you will get at this spectacular resort.

Room Tip: They all overlook the beach, facing west. Some require more steps then others.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
MHMoreira, General Manager at The Surin Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2014

Do not miss resort ...

Thank you for sharing your comments with all the Travelers,
it is alwyas a reward for me to read that my Team has succeeded to fullfill the expectations of our Guests.

Hoping to have the pleasure to receive you again in a near future,
meanwhile all the Team of the Surin Phuket wish you and to your family a Happy Easter time!

MHM

There are newer reviews for The Surin Phuket

Reviewed March 30, 2014

I've been to many beaches and many resorts and I find myself drawn, ever again, back to the lovely and inviting, Pansea beach. This is my third time in 12 years returning to the the Surin (previously the Chedi) and I am always completely enchanted. I have been to the resort with and without children. There is no kid's club, so the focus is the beach, pool and water sports- I like it like this. The views of the bay are incredible and the resort does a nice job blending in with the vegetation of the hillsides. You can enjoy local priced beverages on the beach without the hassle of tons of touts that you find in other parts of Phuket. Plenty of chairs and some pretty good snorkelling right off shore. The beach does change dramatically during the rainy season and the calm season, but even with waves the blue waters are lovely. Dinner on the beach is highly recommended and there is always a helpful staff waiting to "build" a table for you. I never leave when I am at this resort. I enjoyed a two room bungalow during my stay with child and grandparent sharing the second room.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
MHMoreira, General Manager at The Surin Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2014

...Still my Favorite Beach.....

Thank you very much for your review, it is always a pleasure to read such positive comments.
I can only agree with you, it is also my favorite beach!
and it is easy for me to say, as we are located on one of the most beautiful beaches of Phuket ... (for the ones who know Phuket certainly the most beautiful quiet and relaxing white sand beach!).

Please let me know when you will decide to enjoy again our little paradise, I will be pleased to assist you during the process of your booking.

Reviewed March 30, 2014

A very quiet place away from the bustling town with a beautiful view of the surin beach..as it was our honeymoon we got a special upgrade service and had a fantastic time..Will surely be back for more..

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

...Superb hotel....

Thank you very much for taking your time to share your review with all the travelers.
It is always a pleasure to read the comments of our Guests, especially when they are so positive.

Meanwhile all my Team and I will be waiting for your return!

Reviewed March 30, 2014

The resort is situated at a secluded beach in the North West of Phuket - a 30 minutes drive from the airport and only comprises bungalows which are nicely nestled in a hilly palm forest. The resort has been recently renovated and is in best condition and very well maintained by the friendly staff. It's a perfect stay for Asian travelers who want to spend a week relaxing from sightseeing tours. Target groups: Couples and families (ideally 10 years +). All around the place is wonderful, the beach is outstanding, white and clean; the water is clear. We definitely are coming back.

Room Tip: The long stairs from the bungalows to the main facilities, restaurants and the beach could be a chal...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family

One of the best beach ....in Thailand....

Thank you very much for such very positive review, I am sure that all our future guests will share with you your opinion when they will discover our little paradisiac corner!

Meanwhile all my Team and I will be waiting for your return. Please let me know if you need my assistance during the process of your future booking.

Reviewed March 26, 2014

We were wanting to visit Phuket but just didn't want the hustle, bustle & noise of Patong Beach. After some researching we decided upon The Surin. It proved to be an excellent choice. It is a beautiful, clean & uncrowded beach with plenty of sun lounges & umbrellas. There is a nice area for snorkelling near the headland with many colourful fish & crystal clear water. We booked a deluxe beach front villa which was literally right on the beach with lovely sunset views. The only issue was the stairs - 60 stairs up to the breakfast buffet ! i'm sure they could install an elevator as there appears to be a few suitable locations. My husband who is fit & healthy had been left quite weak after a gastro bug he picked up in London 48 hrs earlier & I must say he struggled with the steep steps! Dinner on the little tables set up at the bar on the sand was really lovely! The only other comment I would make is that the food is prepared up in the kitchen quite a distance from the tables ( probably up about 70 stairs plus) and I found the food to be only barely warm when it arrived at the table. We ate here on 3 of the 4 nights we stayed at the Surin so we obviously enjoyed the ambiance but the food was always "barely warm". We did eat at the Hotel's other main Seafood Restaurant further up the beach which was nice but we felt rather odd as we were the only people eating there! I was surprised that the menu at this restaurant had no Thai food offered! Mainly Italian & European.dishes but no Thai? Overall it was a lovely resort in a great location but there is no way of avoiding the stairs so if this is likely to be an issue just take this into consideration.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Hugged

...lovely resort....

Thank you very much your positive comments, it is always a pleasure to see that The Surin Team has fulfilled your expectations.
I have read your comments about the restaurants, and if you allow me I would like to clarify your doubts, and to explain to all our future guests, about our menus: we have 3 restaurants: 1 Thai cuisine, the Lomtalay Restaurant, a pure delight Thai food; 1 International Italian cuisine, the Sunset /Beach restaurant, where we serve light/snack/easy food at lunch and a menu more elaborate at dinner time; 1 fresh Seafood display with an International cuisine. In this last restaurant, we grill our fish/seafood and propose also to serve it at the Thai way, with Thai sauces and white rice.
Our purpose is to offer to our guests a variety of cuisines on the same Resort. To avoid confusion we have then created different menus/concepts.
During your stay I recommend to discover the 3 restaurants and if you have a doubt about which course you should try, I invite you to ask to our Chefs Alberto and Samphan to assist you in your choice.

Meanwhile all my Team and I will be waiting for your return.

Reviewed March 26, 2014

I travelled with my three kids and stayed in a 2 bedroom cottage which was quite nice. I think it was a case of the wrong resort for our needs. Definitely a more adult resort. Not really great with kids and we found it too hard to organise babysitting with anyone trustworthy.
The beach is nice though. Food was okay, not amazing.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
MHMoreira, General Manager at The Surin Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2014

The Surin Phuket is known for receiving all type of Guests: Single guests, Couples and families, according to the Holidays' calendar, of each country and continent.
As for instance, the Easter Season, is one of the perfect seasons to receive our families and it is such a joy to see the children interact between them. And other families periods exist.
If you decide to give us another opportunity, please contact me in advance and I will let you the best season to come with your lovely family and I will find the perfect babysitter service for you in advance.

Meanwhile I wish to you and to all your family a Fantastic Easter.

MHM

Reviewed March 24, 2014

Superb bungalows set among trees on a steep hillside above a beautiful blue swimable private cove. Our family of four...couple, grandma and granddaughter...shared a two spacious two room bungalow with shared bath, it's arrangement gave us all privacy. The hotel pool is lovely and warm, dinner is served at little white linen covered tables set up on the beach. Breakfast is a large spread in a large breakfast restaurant with open balcony. Everything is open to the sea breezes, quiet, and restrained. Only complaint is that there were many many stairs from the breakfast area to the beach and some of the lower stairs had no railings. For a Granny this was a bit of a problem.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

...Stunning....

Thank you very much for such positive comments, it is always a pleasure to see that The Surin Team has fulfilled your expectations.

Meanwhile all my Team and I, will be waiting for your return.
Please let me know if you need assistance with your future booking.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Choeng Thale
Amari Phuket
Amari Phuket
#2 of 328 in Patong
JW Marriott Phuket Resort & Spa

Been to The Surin Phuket? Share your experiences!