We arrived at The Surin after spending 4 days at another hotel on the other side of the Island. It was a great contrast to the other hotel with its temple like reception & restaurant/pool areas and its neatly spaced & situated cottages on the hillside overlooking the beach. From the moment you arrive you are greeted by friendly staff & you immediately get a sense of peace & tranquility when you set foot in the lobby.
We stayed in a hillside cottage which was more than adequate for ourselves & our 7 yr old son. Good size room, beautifully presented in a very peaceful jungle setting.
The pool area is extremely relaxing & very close to the beach if you prefer. The day we arrived was beautiful & sunny which was welcome after several days of rain. We decided to spend the afternoon by the pool swimming & relaxing. Sadly, after the first hour, we had to leave, as they were renovating the gym using a jack hammer!!! Our peaceful relaxing afternoon was then spoilt. However, the hotel staff noted our displeasure & were very apologetic & offered us two free massages at their gorgeous peaceful spa at the top of the hill. This was a very nice gesture. The only thing I would say is that we were disappointed we were not notified of the renovations prior to our arrival. It would have been good to be able to make an informed choice as to whether to change hotel or not. The next three days it rained so we did not spend time by the pool, however, if the weather had been good it is very unlikely we would have been able to relax by the pool due to the ongoing renovations.
The beach bar staff were very friendly & made good cocktails. The restaurant by the pool was very nice for lunch with a great setting overlooking the pool & sea. The breakfast buffet was not the best we have had in Phuket and a little bit of work could be done in this area.
Overall in summary, great hotel, very friendly staff & somewhere we would return to relax (assuming renovations are finished!!!!). The Surin beach area is a nice quiet little village 15 mins only from the hustle bustle of Patong. Surin beach has some great little restaurants both down the main road outside hotel & along the beach.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Surin Phuket is an exclusive beach retreat for discerning travelers, families and couples seeking relaxation and indulgence in a serene beachfront setting. A member of Design Hotels™ and located on the tranquil Pansea Beach on the west coast of Phuket Island, Thailand.Offering a total of 103 hillside and beachfront cottages and suites all discreetly built into a carefully conserved landscape amidst coconut trees and gently sloping down to meet a small coral reef. The Surin, Phuket offers a contemporary Thai experience in timeless simplicity and modern sophistication. Shaded by a canopy of coconut trees and joined together by a network of jungle walkways the Hillside Cottages are just the things for guests who wish to experience a tropical rustic experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Ctrip TA, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Surin Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Surin Phuket Hotel Thalang
- Chedi Phuket Hotel Thalang
- Chedi Phuket Thalang
- Chedi Hotel Phuket
- The Surin Phuket Thailand