We just had our wedding at the Surin on December 16, and we had such a special experience that we felt compelled to write this review.
We made the decision to hold our wedding at the Surin in February after considering a range of other options (including the Amanpuri and Trisara). By making such an early decision, we had ample time to consider and finalise arrangements with the Surin well in advance of the wedding.
We decided to spend a week at the Surin in April in order to make sure that it lived up to its reviews and that the published photos were a true reflection of the facilities. Our week in April was fantastic and confirmed that the resort was the perfect venue for our wedding. We stayed in the Beach Deluxe Suite right on the beach - wow, what a stunning spot. The beach was almost literally on the doorstep and the fabulous big pool was only a short distance away.
During our trip we spent a lot of time with the resort’s magnificent wedding and events co-ordinator, Khun Bat. She spoiled us rotten, treating us to a night of tasting all of the possible meal and desert options, and labouring through the cocktail menu. By the end of this, we decided to get married often. Bat also made sure that we discussed and reached agreement on each and every small detail so that we returned to London feeling comfortable that we were in safe hands.
In the run up to the wedding, we were in regular contact with Bat to make refinements to the arrangements. No request or change was ever too much trouble.
In October we received a phone call from the manager, Antonio, to inform us that due to delays in the completion of major refurbishment works (caused by the floods in Bangkok), the resort would no longer be able to accommodate all of our guests. This had the potential to be a mini crisis, but our concerns were quickly put to rest when Antonio told us that he would personally negotiate accommodation arrangements at an equivalent resort in the area. True to his word, Antonio managed to find us 20 something rooms at the nearby Twin Palms hotel and secured the reservation with his own credit card. Furthermore, in order to ensure that we were not inconvenienced, the resort also undertook to provide shuttle buses for trips to and from the Twin Palms and the Surin on the day of the wedding and the post wedding lunch the next day, and to cover any additional expenses associated with the change (including the extra over room costs for every guest). This was customer service of an exemplary standard, and it was maintained before, during and after the wedding.
The wedding was absolutely stunning. The general consensus from our guests was that it was the best wedding they’d ever been to – the marquee was beautiful, the buffet was out of this world, the entertainment was first class (jazz band, DJ, fireworks, baby elephant and Chinese lanterns) and, of course, the standards of service never dropped (cold drinks and towels constantly available etc). The Surin even made a few vacant rooms available to us on the day of the wedding free of charge so that the bride could get ready and for use as changing rooms for people with babies.
The post wedding brunch the next day was equally fabulous. It was a great opportunity to enjoy the amazing buffet food that we'd been too busy to enjoy the night before.
We have stayed at many 5 star resorts around the world, and we cannot recommend the Surin highly enough. The pool is gorgeous, the beach is perfect and the rooms are of a very high standard. Sadly, we didn’t get to stay at the resort after the refurbishment was completed, however it does look stunning. The first guests were just starting to arrive as we left. As always, the management were handling the challenges brilliantly. One of the few things lacking - a gym - has now been added so its going to be that much harder to top.
Big thanks to Antonio, Bat and Martijn and the whole team. You helped make our wedding unforgettable. See you again soon!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Surin Phuket is an exclusive beach retreat for discerning travelers, families and couples seeking relaxation and indulgence in a serene beachfront setting. A member of Design Hotels™ and located on the tranquil Pansea Beach on the west coast of Phuket Island, Thailand.Offering a total of 103 hillside and beachfront cottages and suites all discreetly built into a carefully conserved landscape amidst coconut trees and gently sloping down to meet a small coral reef. The Surin, Phuket offers a contemporary Thai experience in timeless simplicity and modern sophistication. Shaded by a canopy of coconut trees and joined together by a network of jungle walkways the Hillside Cottages are just the things for guests who wish to experience a tropical rustic experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Agoda, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Booking.com, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Surin Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Surin Phuket Hotel Thalang
- Chedi Phuket Hotel Thalang
- Chedi Phuket Thalang
- Chedi Hotel Phuket
- The Surin Phuket Thailand