Spent a blissful 6 days at The Surin at the end of our multi-stop honeymoon in Thailand. The location is perfect, right on the beach with fabulous views out to sea.
Upon arrival we were upgraded to a Superior cottage which they had filled with rose petals which was amazing!
Admittedly the cottages are a little dated but they have real charm and character, and are spotlessly clean. The air conditioning functions perfectly and there is a fridge full of ice cold drinks which on a beach holiday is pretty much all we need!
The service was top notch with cute little touches like cold face cloths, fruit skewers and ice tea being delivered to you on the beach, and the "Chef's Treat" left in our cottage every night.
The beach itself is perfection - golden sand, incredibly warm sea and only available to guests of The Surin or the adjacent Amanpuri. We never had a problem getting a sun lounger and unlike Surin Beach they are nicely spaced out and only one row deep.
There are boogie boards, sea canoes, jet skis and other watersports available.
For sundowners head to the Sunset Cafe for BOGOF cocktails and amazing views of the sun setting over the sea or equally impressive thunder storms..
All the food (especially breakfast) was superb but not cheap by Thai standards. We splashed out on the beach barbeque buffet one night which was fab and the beachfront restaurant is a must for incredible fresh seafood. You can walk to Surin Beach for cheap eats if you prefer but there wasnt much going on despite it being high season.
Take advantage of the free shuttle bus to Patong if you fancy seeing the "sights"! We went once which was more than enough for us!
If you are looking for a totally relaxing holiday in a picturesque setting then The Surin is the one for you!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Surin Phuket is an exclusive beach retreat for discerning travelers, families and couples seeking relaxation and indulgence in a serene beachfront setting. A member of Design Hotels™ and located on the tranquil Pansea Beach on the west coast of Phuket Island, Thailand.Offering a total of 103 hillside and beachfront cottages and suites all discreetly built into a carefully conserved landscape amidst coconut trees and gently sloping down to meet a small coral reef. The Surin, Phuket offers a contemporary Thai experience in timeless simplicity and modern sophistication. Shaded by a canopy of coconut trees and joined together by a network of jungle walkways the Hillside Cottages are just the things for guests who wish to experience a tropical rustic experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Agoda, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Booking.com, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Surin Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Surin Phuket Hotel Thalang
- Chedi Phuket Hotel Thalang
- Chedi Phuket Thalang
- Chedi Hotel Phuket
- The Surin Phuket Thailand