We chose to stay with outrigger beach resort purely because of its location and previous great reviews and we were not disappointed!
The resort has got beautiful grounds,3 fantastic and clean pools to choose from and very attentive and friendly staff. We've never had a problem finding anyone to help so I don't understand the complaints of the hotel being understaffed.
The breakfast was so delicious it was my kids' favourite meal of the day.The selection was incredible. As for lunch and dinner it was definitely on the pricey side and not necessarily better than in a nearby restaurant on the beach so that's where we were mainly having lunches.
Very spacious and clean, the housekeeping was doing an incredible job, also responded very quick to a couple of our phone calls. The day bed that was massive and both our children slept in it very comfortably. There was no need for an extra bed.
The resort is quite remote however just a short ride in a cab from surin beach and other places if you wanted to venture out. We were mostly using a tuk tuk service which our kids loved. We found a couple of fantastic restaurants too, SUNSET , which was just couple of minutes ride in a cab, which cost 150bht booked via hotel. This restaurant was our absolute favourite, very busy though, which only shows how great the food was. Other place we ate at was called SOM and they offered a complimentary pick up and drop off to and from the hotel. Again amazing.
Just by the pools there were some shops where we were buying ice cream and drinks and booked few trips too. All very reasonably priced.
There was plenty of sun beds, unless you wanted the ones by kids pool or the beach, then you had to be fast,but we weren't bothered and always chose the beds as far of the kids pool as possible.
If I had to be really picky I'd have to say how rude some of the Russian tourist were. Kids had no manners whatsoever, at breakfast the adults were pushy and stuffing their plates as if the hotel was running out of food! Someone has told me that Russians get a special rate with the resort hence they make out about 40% of the hotel guest.
All in all we really did feel we were in paradise and would highly recommend the place. The only reason we won't be back it's because there's too many others places we'd like to visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located between a tropical lagoon and the sparkling waters of the Andaman Sea, the property features the finest in accommodation – all completely renovated with modern interiors subtly blended with contemporary Thai touches.The resort occupies a prime position on the famed Bangtao beach where white sand and calm, clear waters combine to create an idyllic tropical setting. The absolute beachfront location provides easy access to beach activities for families and couples alike.For guests seeking a more personalized experience, the resort now boasts a dedicated Club floor (the only such facility in the area). Club floor guests will enjoy a private breakfast venue, snacks and drinks throughout the day and themed cocktail events in the evening.All guests also enjoy access to the Banyan Tree and Angsana Day Spas, championship 18 hole golf course, wedding chapel, and signing privileges at over 30 restaurants and bars that form part of the Laguna Destination Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, HotelQuickly, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Outrigger Laguna Phuket Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Laguna Beach Hotel Thalang
- Laguna Beach Thalang
- Laguna Beach Phuket
- Laguna Beach Resort Phuket
- Outrigger Laguna Phuket Beach Resort Thailand