Outrigger Laguna Phuket Beach Resort
Andaman Seaside Resort(Bang Tao Beach)
$45
The Surin Phuket(Choeng Thale)(Great Value!)
$333
Agoda.com
Movenpick Resort Bangtao Beach Phuket(Bang Tao Beach)(Great Value!)
$218
$185
Agoda.com
Angsana Laguna Phuket(Choeng Thale)(Great Value!)
$219
$160
$122
  • Breakfast included
Ayara Hilltops Resort and Spa Surin Beach(Choeng Thale)(Great Value!)
$172
$167
The Chava Resort(Choeng Thale)
$359
$333
The Pavilions Phuket(Choeng Thale)(Great Value!)
$162
MANATHAI Surin Phuket(Choeng Thale)(Great Value!)
$61
$55
Anantara Layan Phuket Resort(Choeng Thale)(Great Value!)
$536
$459
Trip.com
1,504 results
All reviewsthe club loungeday bedclub packagekids clubpool areasea viewother hotelssunken bathtennis courtskids poolspecial thanksfree shuttlelocal townmain restaurantgreat facilitieslaguna phuketcanal village
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 4, 2013

We booked our accommodation here at the last minute as a pre-holiday to our main one. But we were excited as we hadn't stayed in the north part of Phuket before and the photos looked great. The hotel itself is gorgeous with a number of pools to cater for everyone and we never had any issue getting a sun lounge etc. the pool slide is also fantastic for kids and the kids club is large and inviting for even kids up to 12yrs of age. We did find the location of Laguna quite remote however and once inside the area you are in a bit of a captive market.

The issues we had were as follows:
-They forgot to collect us from the airport (upon arriving at the hotel 3hrs after our flight arrived we said we would not be paying for the airport transfer which they agreed to)
-They couldn't understand their own special room rate for the family room which we had signed up to on their website and it took them another half hr to realize the rate included the GST
- I had called them before booking to double check that breakfast was included with the deal which they said it was if we were booking direct. They then proceeded upon check in to try and tell us it wasn't included and we could organize this part after we had checked in. I refused to check in until this was resolved and the Front desk manager then offered the adults to be free but we would have to pay 450baht each per day for the kids. I baulked at this and stood my ground and said we would walk out and find somewhere else, so she finally agreed to what we had originally signed up to.
- we were shown our family room finally after almost 4hrs only to discover it was a standard room with a day bed stuck in the corner for 2 older children. I asked what did a 'family room' offer for the extra money that a standard room didn't, because at this point they looked exactly the same. She said it was because it was on the ground floor and had a 2x1 deck outside! We were not impressed yet again as it simply wouldn't have fitted us in. To her credit she upgraded us to a slightly bigger room that could accommodate a roll a bed + the day bed which we accepted. She said she would arrange for our cases to be moved immediately and encouraged us to go for lunch first and it would all be done. We got back from lunch an hr later and still our cases had not been moved. We called again and finally they arrived.

So after 5hrs of arriving onto the island and checking into the hotel we were pretty annoyed and frustrated with the hotel.

However the front desk manager sent a card of apology the next day together with some flowers and was very helpful whenever we saw her during the rest of our stay.

So I think the communication between their reservations team and the front desk needs to be improved and their marketing team need to be a little more realistic with what they're trying to market re the family rooms because that original room was definitely not a family room.

4  Thank Rossdurbs
Jim_Resort_Manager, Manager at Outrigger Laguna Phuket Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Dear Khun Rossdurbs,

Please accept our apologies that you vacation didn't start off as expected. We have improved our handling of last minute reservations in ensure a smooth arrival for future guests. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay once you settled in.

I hope to have another chance to show you the true Outrigger vacation experience.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

I really struggled with where to stay in Phuket as there are so many different area's and so many Hotels - all oddly rated high. In fact most Hotels are viewed by one person and its there only review or only 1-3 in 1-3 countries. Trip Advisor reviews have become very suspicious and I believe not real. So I decided to post just to help fellow travelers....

Beach Resort review -

Pro's -
- Pool area, good reasonable food. Nice access to Boat and Beach. Nice area to sit in room under window - great place to have coffee and gaze a the lagoon.

Con's - Our room was EXTREMELY musty and smelly and wet. Not sure what this issue is here but, clothes that were on chairs, the floor or touching anything would soak up water and be wet.

We moved from the Villa's - it was hard to give up the space but nice to be near amenities.

Had pasta near the pool/beach...very good.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank 46countries

Dear Khun 46countries,

Thank you for trying both Outriggers in Laguna Phuket. I am sorry to hear about the musty smell you encountered. We did experience a long rainy period recently but this should not have an effect on our guest rooms.

I hope your travels bring you back to Phuket soon.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

I have frequented several resorts in Phuket, Indonesia, and the Phillipines, and this resort was by far the best service, facilities, and location. I arrived June 27th with my two children, both 6 years old. The trip to from the hotel was 30 min and quite easy. Arrival and checkin was easy, cool towels and drinks provided for not only me, including my kids. We had a deluxe seawview room, 2nd floor (ground level) with pool and sea veiw. I would highly recommend the side of the resort. The room was excellent. The bath room, beds, sunken tub, and electronics were all updated, modern and quite accomodating. The queen size day bed with incredible view of the pool and sea, perfect! I cannot say enough about the staff, everyone smiled, greeted and had such a warm personality. I would like to say a special thank you to May at the Koi club who was exceptionally helpful with my kids. They were rather shy to stay in th club, May went out of her way to get the kids engaged. Golf, played soccer with my son and played a game of "water polo" with the kids. I've been to a Club Med, and the staff at Outrigger was the same quality. The location adjacent to a beatiful stretcc of white sand beach and within 100 meters of the pools edge. The water slide kept the kids busy for the majortiy of the pool time. Finally, the baby elephant, Candi, was the hit of the day, and again, kept the kids entertained for 1-1/2 hours throughout the day. No complaints on the food service, good menu for kids, and cost was very reasonable (kids ate free with adult meal purchase). There is a Thai restaurant adjacent to the hotel and located on the beach, I would recommend. The choice of restaurants is limited, however the service, cuisine and choices, I was pleased. The breakfast was good, my kids enjoying the pancake/waffles. One are for improvement, only one cook was making preparing the egg/omlet station, creating a long que, sometimes 5-10 min. A second station for cooking was there. Why only one chef, yet two stations?
Small shops next door to the hotel are clean, considerate and do not hawk or hassle you. My kids found the small "Fish massage" a real treat. A local thai massage is next door, and 400 THB and an hour of relaxing massage was perfect for Dad. From my perspective, this is now my getaway, and would recommend this resort, with high marks. I sincerely appreciate the staff at Outrigger Luguna for making this an enjoyable trip for a myself and kids.

Room Tip: Deluxe Sea view is perfect. Choose 2bd floor, which is ground floor pool level.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank dkthk

Dear Khun dkthk,

Thank you for taking the time to review our resort. Khun May and Khun Golf are truly a joy to have here. Thank you so much recognizing their sincere hospitality. It means a lot to them to get such positive feedback.

I hope to see you again in Phuket soon.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

I am currently staying at the Laguna Beach resort and I am quiet pleased with the accommodation and the resort. I am staying in a family room which is adequate for my kids and I. The room is comfortable and neat. The service from housekeeping is awesome and they have tendered to all my needs.The staff are friendly and most accommodating. The breakfast spread is lovely and the choices of restaurants around the Laguna are also welcomed. The choice of restaurants at the outrigger is fairly limited and definitely needs some improvement. We booked various tours through Laguna Tours and were very happy with the service and the professionalism of the staff as well as their knowledge and ability to handle the insecurities that the guest had. If I could recommend to management a few suggestions that can improve the service of the hotel. Firstly it would be the service at the breakfast. Its virtually impossible to grab the attention of a waiter to get a cup of coffee or a glass of warm milk. Maybe this is an oversight on part of management that there are limited staff available however its quiet irritating to start my morning waiting for 10 -15 minutes to get a cup of coffee, especially if you are in a hurry to get to a tour. I would like to challenge management to sit as an ordinary guest and go through the breakfast service as I have experienced this over my stay here thus far.
The second thing that I would like to recommend that the toilets at the pool area be cleaned more often and the floors wiped as well. Since this zone has high wet traffic, it should be cleaned at least every hour. The third recommendation is to improve the wifi with a booster maybe as I am at the spa end of the resort and the wifi signal is very weak and unstable. I have to come to the reception area to send out important messages and emails.
Lastly there seems to be a shortage of diet drinks at the hotel over the last two days at the dinner and lunch service This poses a problem as I am a diabetic and have no choice but to have water with my meal.

Overall considering these issues it has been a pleasant stay thus far.

5  Thank Lovetotravel706

Dear Khun Lovetotravel706,

Thank you for your review of our resort. It was refreshing to receive your review while you were still in house to be able to make corrections before you left. It is hard to believe but sometimes there are shortages of the strangest things in Thailand. Last week none of the suppliers had any Diet Coke. Luckily our F&B Director found some for you at the local 7 -11.

I am happy to hear that overall you really enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

I stayed with my family for 5 nights. Once arrived we were attended by efficient and friendly front office staff. We didn't check in at their counter but instead they came to our table at the lobby where we were served with refreshing face towels and drinks.

We booked a deluxe sea view room which was quite a distance away from the lift lobby. The facility is only 4 storey high. I would suggest you asked for the ground level room as it is easy access to the pool and beach which is just a 2 min walk. The deluxe room is good enough to accommodate a family of 4. There was a queen side day bed to the wall and window near the balcony. I was given a nice matching wooden baby cot for my 3 mths baby. All in all the room is up to our standard. For those iPhone users ( except iPhone 5) there's a charging docking station on the dressing table.

We were at the pool almost daily. There was 3 pools. one where they played water polo, one with the super fast slide and one for the children. The only setback is the kid's pool. The flooring of the kids pool is hard and harsh. It is easy for children to get cut if they do not take extra care. I think the flooring is made up of little rough mosaics. Not too kids friendly, though the depth of the pool was good as it was staggered down gradually. Everyday at 9am and 3pm you will be greeted by their residence baby elephant who will make his round with his keeper for guests to feed him and photo taking.

Hotel food was average . Breakfast buffet is also average. They serve the same food alternate days and the variety is small. I only had dinner 1st night in the hotel and the rest I ventured out to Lotus seafood ( value for money and good sea view ) which has free hotel shuttle as its in the same laguna vicinity. Two minutes walk from the hotel pool (on the left )there is also a seafood restaurant "Tom Yam Goong".

We went to Patong once only as it was quite a distance away to shop. The transportation to Patong from hotel, one way is about 40 minutes and cost 700baht using hotel car (Toyota Fortuna).

Room Tip: Sea view and ground floor if you love going out to the pool and beach
5  Thank SueFadz