This is the 3rd time the wife and I have stayed at the Allamanda - and again we have had a relaxing and highly enjoyable stay. A lot has happened in the 3 years since we were here last and the whole Laguna area is now showing its age. Best Western are now managing 2 of the 3 Allamanda apartment buildings while the other is managed by CBRE. We were upgraded from a junior suite to a one-bedroom apartment and the room was very spacious with several recent improvements. Special mention goes to the refurbished bathroom. Which is now as good as any 5 star hotel I have stayed in. The laguna complex is getting a little tired but some recent improvements (I assume since Best Western started) have helped. I am writing this review using their free wireless broadband and have not had a problem in several days of use. We love the privacy and low key environs of Bangtao / Laguna, which adds greatly to our highly relaxed state once we leave. Staff are very friendly and responsive to our requests. Breakfast was the usual buffet fare and of average standard. We cannot comment on dinner as there are many fabulous restaurants (ranging from cheap to expensive) on the beach or within suitable travelling distance. Our major issue was with the bed - while massive, it was way too hard and I did not really get a good sleep. This is not what I would expect of a modern hotel and really needs some work. We were surprised with some of the earlier unfavourable reviews and after talking to some long term guests, it appears that Best Western and CBRE are now managing different parts of the complex. My assessment is that the major factor in whether a review was favourable or unfavourable is the building (and therefore which managing company) people stay in. It seems our stay benefitted by booking via Best Western.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Allamanda Laguna Phuket: Ideally situated on Bang Tao Beach,the resort enjoys the wonderful tropical environment of Laguna Phuket integrated resort. All apartments overlook the golf club's scenic fairways and the resort's shimmering swimming pools. Just 20 minutes drive from the airport, Phuket Town and Patong Beach. Ideal for long staying guests or family holidays. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Allamanda Laguna Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Allamanda Laguna Phuket Hotel Thalang
- Allamanda Laguna Phuket Cherngtalay
- Allamanda Laguna Phuket Hotel Cherngtalay
- Allamanda Laguna Phuket Thailand