Stayed here over the Ironman 70.3 weekend for 4 nights at the beginning of December, so the prices were over $250/night. The property is divided into two parts - one is on the lagoon and the other is across the street. Both sides have a decent size pool. We stayed in a two-bedroom suite, which was very large and comfortable. The property itself was fine, but the hospitality was horrendous. I have never stayed anywhere in South East Asia that was so rude. It started with breakfast at the omelette station, my wife asked for scrambled eggs instead of an omelette and they refused. I couldn't even comprehend why they wouldn't do it. The cook and host then preceded to talk about the incident and kept looking at our table. We saw the same cook each day eating the pancakes with her hands and they go back to cooking omelettes without washing her hands in between. We attempted to check out after one night, but were told we would be charged for the entire 4 night stay, with no refund. We also ran into problems with the onsite restaurant. We booked a table for six and upon showing up saw that there were about 8 tables free overlooking the water and asked if he could set up our tables in the better location. The host was very annoyed and grumbled the whole time about moving us. There were only about 4 diners in the whole place and I was starting to see why. The food was adequate, but nothing special. Upon check out, we realized we couldn't find one of the plastic key cards, so the hotel charged us 200 baht. I couldn't believe it, most hotels don't even ask for those key cards back. I'm not sure what was going on at this hotel, every hotel we've stayed in before in Thailand or South East Asia has had impeccable hospitality. The workers at this location seemed very unmotivated and lacking in any type of hospitality.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Allamanda Laguna Phuket: Ideally situated on Bang Tao Beach,the resort enjoys the wonderful tropical environment of Laguna Phuket integrated resort. All apartments overlook the golf club's scenic fairways and the resort's shimmering swimming pools. Just 20 minutes drive from the airport, Phuket Town and Patong Beach. Ideal for long staying guests or family holidays. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Travelocity, Hotwire, Agoda, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Allamanda Laguna Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Allamanda Laguna Phuket Hotel Thalang
- Allamanda Laguna Phuket Cherngtalay
- Allamanda Laguna Phuket Hotel Cherngtalay
- Allamanda Laguna Phuket Thailand