We have just returned from spending a week at Angsana Laguna, and had a great time.
In my opinion the resort is really aimed at families, as it is a fair distance to Patong, which suited us fine.
The kids had fun in the pool, with the Water Polo goals and Volley Ball nets set up permanently.
We stayed in interconnecting Laguna rooms overlooking the pool, and are quite large.
The pool is located in the centre of the resort, and is a good area to have your room.
The resort is very large, and can be quite a distance walking from the reception area to the beach facing rooms.
The beds are very comfortable with good linen.
The air-conditioning was a little noisy but efficient, and the ceiling fans a nice touch.
The breakfast buffet was good, but would get crowded after 8.30am.
The free wifi was a big hit with the kids.
As mentioned by others, there a number of beach restaurants that offer reasonably priced food, with most curries priced about 250-300 baht. There are also some small shops and a massage hut out on the beach in front of the resort.
As the resort is about 20 years old, there are some areas that need attention. There is only 1 hook in the bathroom to hang towels. The sliding door to the balcony is a little difficult to lock, and the toilet seat moved in both rooms we had. However these are only small problems in the scheme of things.
I have stayed previously a few years ago when it was the Sheraton, and stayed in a Grand Room, but these rooms are located far from the pool and beach, and would not recommend.
We would definitely stay at Angsana again if we wanted to be away from the busier areas in Phuket.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Warm tropical sun, pristine white sand beaches and a shimmering blue sea. Angsana Laguna Phuket has it all. Play golf, snorkel, island hop, or bask on the beach, this is the ideal resort to spend a restful beach vacation, romantic rendezvous or a fun-filled family holiday. Angsana Laguna Phuket is the flagship establishment of the Angsana Hotels and Resorts - managed by luxury hospitality brand, the Banyan Tree Group. The resort features 401 immaculately decorated guest rooms, lofts, suites and private villa residences. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, Expedia and Jetsetter so you can book your Angsana Laguna Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Angsana Laguna Phuket Hotel Thalang
- Sheraton Hotel Cherngtalay
- Sheraton Resort Cherngtalay
- Sheraton Phuket
- Sheraton Grande Laguna Phuket
- Phuket Sheraton
- Angsana Laguna Phuket Thailand