“A step into heaven”

Angsana Laguna Phuket
Ranked #8 of 36 Hotels in Choeng Thale
Melbourne
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Arrived after a hectic work schedule and looking forward to a relax. The service, food, rooms and most of all the wonderful people contributed the ambience of the entire experience. The rooms were clean and the Bodega Grill great breakfast to start the perfect day. The pools were great and the overall a great experience.

Review collected in partnership with Angsana.com
Jerry J, General Manager at Angsana Laguna Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

Dear valued Guest,

Thank you for your positive review.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed a relaxing island getaway here at Angsana Laguna Phuket.

Apart from your positive feedback with regards to the food and room quality, I wish to thank you in particular for highlighting the friendliness and genuine hospitality of our staff.

We hope to be able to provide you with more special moments during a future visit.

Warm regards,

Jerry John

Write a ReviewReviews (2,143)

Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

We had a really short vacation so I decide to take the kids to Phuket. It is really a friendly resort for a family and kids. My kids enjoyed the pool, kids club and the beach. Our room view was amazing. I booked a slandered room but still the size was amazing and huge. The staff are friendly. The nice thing about the Laguna beach that u don't have to leave the area to enjoy ur time. And the only negative thing is that the resort to fare from the Fantasea, elephant and monkey show. I didn't like Thailand in my first visit 2006 but I really enjoyed Phuket this year.

• Stayed: June 2013

Dear Guestbdor,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent holiday experience at Angsana Laguna Phuket.

I was pleased to learn that you and your family experienced an enjoyable holiday, and that you appreciated the many activities and facilities available at our resort.

We hope to see you return in the not too distant future.

istanbul
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Stayed 5 years ago when it was sheraton as well
Excellent location but service quality should really improved
Very good gor family stay.
. . . . . . . . B n n n bnn bnn
Nnnnnbbhdhhehdgsvwjehdhsvshshsjs sbsbsbhds hdhdbshdhshe dbsvsvdhdhsbs snsbshjsjsud
Djdhhdhd sjsjsjsjd dkdjdvdhehdjs djejsvshsjsiw
Djdhdhdhdus dhehdjdhehee ejejejjeieie
Ejdjdhehheks djdjsjsjeiew djdjeheueiej ejdjdjdj

Dear valued Guest,

Thank you for recommending our resort as a great family holiday destination.

We hope to be able to welcome you back in the near future.

Melbourne
Reviewed July 9, 2013

The Kids Club was amazing. The twice a day, Lucky the elephant visits, were fabulous, and my 2 children, (10 & 6) loved the videos, the computers, and the outdoor play equipment. The activities were original, and kept the kids entertained, especially my 6 year old. I can highly recommend it for anyone with children who need a bit of time out, but want to make sure the kids are looked after and having fun.

Dear valued Guest,

Thank you for reviewing your recent holiday experience at Angsana Laguna Phuket.

I have shared your feedback with our team at the Tree House Kids Club, who were very appreciative of your positive comments.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

Years ago my wife and I had stayed at the Banyan Tree at Laguna, a self-contained resort area in Phuket. We had great memories of that stay, and when casting about for somewhere to avoid the depths of a Sydney winter this year, Laguna came to mind. However, the Banyan Tree isn't exactly kid-friendly. Thus we chosen the nearby Angsana, which definitely is. While there were couples there, the majority were families with children ranging from toddlers to teens, and there was something for all of them.

On arrival, the front desk indulged in some naughtiness by trying to sell us an upgraded Premium Room from the Laguna Room we'd ordered. After running the numbers, we actually agreed -- and we were glad we did, because the room was both huge and with spectacular views. Even with a 12-year-old girl in tow, the room never felt too crowded. The main bed was huge and very comfortable. Rather than a foldaway bed, the staff made up part of the long L-shaped sofa as a bed for our daughter, delighting her. The room's bathroom deserves special mention for the amazingly big shower/bath -- the last a luxurious experience, if you can stand the wait for it to fill up (it does take a while ...). The balcony, with a view of the pool(s), was also very comfortable.

The room came with buffet breakfast at the Marketplace, which offered a big range of cereals, cooked European breakfasts, an egg/omelette stand, juices galore, a big bakery section (do try the Thai treats) and Asian favourites. It might seem strange to some to have egg fried rice for breakfast, but all I can say is, it worked for me. A tip: ignore the brewed coffee offered at the Marketplace and save your caffeine needs for a trip to the Loy Krathong bar. There the staff offer a range of Illy coffees, and one lady in particular was a dab hand at a fine cappucino. It's great to relax and read the Thai paper while enjoying a good coffee (which, BTW, comes with free biscuits [cookies for you Americans], ice water and even cool lime-infused towels).
Of the other dining options, we visited the Bodega Grill, which bills itself as a Mediterranean steakhouse. The steaks are on the pricy side but well worth it, while my wife was well pleased with her gnocchi. The Poolside cafe we dropped into almost daily for lunch. It offers Thai food and the usual casual dining fodder, such as pizzas. The food was good but the most impressive thing were the smoothies and the mocktails, which were spectacular. We grew to look forward to discovering the new mocktail of the day. (These are also served at the swim-up bar attached to the pool, which felt like the height of decadence.) Room service was fine, although it was a bit disappointing that European comfort food -- burgers and pizzas -- were served only after 11pm!

But of course you come to a place like this primarily to swim. That's where the Angsana Laguna really scores. It has a meandering pool of more than 300 metres that takes in five different pool areas and two jacuzzis. The biggest pool even has an artificial beach on its shore -- great for littlies. Unlike other resorts I've stayed at, nabbing a deckchair was never a problem. As other reviews have noted, many rooms on the bottom floor actually back out onto the pool, so you can go straight from your balcony to the water.

The pool is great, which is good, because while the resort makes much of its position on the beach, for the most part the sea is way too rough and swimming there is discouraged. It is a nice place to watch the sun go down, though. The XANA beach club is right on the beach; it's not the sort of place we'd go to but it seemed to be doing alright. Frankly we were a bit worried we'd get doof-doof noise but we didn't hear a thing. As the private resort ends and the public beach begins are the usual assortment of Thai beach hawkers and food shacks. A worringly large contingent were for laundry services, but we ate at one shack (with a menu about 100 pages thick!) and had a great time. The mixed fruit shakes were excellent. (I emphasise this place is not connected to the resort.)
OK, that's a lot of good things. The bad? Well, how about the weather? Not that that's the Angsana's fault, but frankly, do keep in mind that if you travel to Phuket in June or July. it's monsoon season. Sometimes the rain is quick and the sun in shining in an hour. Sometimes it takes rather longer ... we had two days of our trip rained out. We didn't mind as we snatched a quick swim on both days and then laid about our room or at Loy Krathong reading, but if we'd been in a smaller room we might have gone a bit stir crazy. On another note, the TV reception can be on and off. On at least two occasions we had to call a staff member to retune the TV as it simply wouldn't turn on.

Another thing that made the trip worth taking was the staff. I've found Thais among the friendliest and most helpful people I've encountered, and that was certainly the case at the Angsana. From the concierge on down, nothing seemed to be too much trouble. I will say that sometimes the front desk staff seemed a little harried, but of course that's the general nature of front desk staff.

I should also mention Lucky the elephant, who was a big hit with every guest.

Would I stay here again? Absolutely, although I might be a bit pickier about when I went -- although even the rainy days had their good points.

Room Tip: If you can upgrade to a premium room, do so. The extra cost is well worth it.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Dear Brad L,

I very much appreciate the time you took to write in such detail about your recent stay at our resort.

It was a pleasure to read how much you and your family enjoyed the comfort of your Laguna Premier Room, the breakfast at Market Place, our Illy coffee at the Loy Krathong Bar, and the mocktails and cocktails of the day at Poolside.

Moreover, I would like to thank you for highlighting the genuine Thai hospitality of our staff, and assure you that I have shared your positive feedback with the entire team.

We are glad to hear of your intention to return, and look forward to providing you with more special moments during your next visit.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

We stayed in 3 bedroom pool villa. Not close to main hotel facilities. Had to take free hotel shuttle but since it was like a monsoon most of the days, got soaked making the trip to/from the main hotel a few times daily. The shuttle only picks up at set locations so had to walk from our villa to the shuttle stop in gusty wind and pouring rain.
While our villa pool was "private" in that only we could use it, the units are so close together that neighbors on both sides of us could look down on us in our pool from their 2nd story balconies. Extending the privacy wall on the second floor out another 15 feet would give these beautiful pools the intended privacy. On the other hand, the 323 meter long main hotel pool was really nice
We were greeted by gigantic cockroaches (1 inch) in the kitchen at night which came complete with micro, frig/freezer, water heater, dishes. We alternated between being very cold (with the air con on low) to burning up when we turned it off. There was no "in between". Not like an automatic climate control system where you pick a temperature and the system autoregulates to maintain that temp. It is such a shame to have the potential of a beautiful villa experience spoiled by cutting corners during construction.
. Being so far from Patong (7000 baht each way by taxi) made it very expensive to eat anywhere but at the Laguna hotels Food was very good tasting but expensive. Portions were tiny.

Dear valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback with regards to your recent stay at our resort.

I appreciate your positive comments about the free form swimming pool and the quality of our restaurants, though I regret to learn that some other aspects of your stay did not entirely live up to your expectations. I am sorry to hear that the transfers by complimentary shuttle bus from and to your private pool residence where not as convenient as intended, but wish to add that we also offer a dedicated on-call van service for additional convenience.

Your comments regarding the air-conditioning unit have been shared with our engineering team, and ways to improve the temperature control are being investigated.

I apologize that we were not able to provide you with the holiday of your expectations in this instance. Should you decide to re-visit, I would like to ask that you alert me in advance so that I can give your next stay my personal attention and extend to you the complete Angsana experience we intend to give to all our guests.

Best regards,

Reviewed July 5, 2013

The Angsana Laguna Phuket is the perfect hotel for a family vacation! The rooms are beautifully appointed, and very comfortable. We had a two story, King loft over the lagoon which was perfect for a family of four. The pools are fantastic. They bring out Lucky a baby elephant twice a day which was very entertaining for my children. The food in the restaurants is very good. Xana beach club was a blast. The staff were all very warm and welcoming. The resort is 40 minutes away from the madness that is Patong, which was a relief traveling with two young children. The surrounding area offered very nice inexpensive restaurants. Overall an amazing experience. I would recommend Angsana Laguna Phuket to families, mature couples, or people looking for a beautiful, quiet Phuket experience.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank arich4

Dear arich4,

I appreciate your valuable feedback with regards to your recent stay.

The Angsana Two-Bedroom Loft is a premium choice for those looking for a luxurious family holiday, and I was glad to read that you and your family enjoyed the comfort of this unique type of accommodation by the tranquil lagoon.

Thank you also for highlighting our restaurants, in particular XANA Beach Club, as well as the daily visits by Lucky our baby elephant.

Best regards,

Dusit Thani Laguna Phuket
Dusit Thani Laguna Phuket
#10 of 36 in Choeng Thale
Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort & Spa

Been to Angsana Laguna Phuket? Share your experiences!