My husband and I stayed in a royal villa resort south of Patong for our honeymoon 3 years ago - this time we thought we'd stay north for a change. We knew upon booking our Angsana stay that it was located within a lagoon complex however we found taxi availability was controlled by the resort and expensive if you fancied venturing out. The resort itself is beautiful and certainly vast. The gardens, pools and general grounds are immaculate and the service helpful but not as friendly as we have experienced before.
We stayed in a Laguna Grand room with our 2 year old sleeping in a cot provided by the hotel complimentary. These rooms are the furthest away from the beach and pool area however we did not mind the leisurely stroll back even with our toddler dawdling behind. The bell service is always available with golf carts to drive you wherever you want to go within the resort. Breakfast buffet was plentiful and accommodating to most cuisines and the daily baby elephant visit was always a hit with the kids. The beach is lovely and calm with sun lounges aplenty. There are many shop stalls, masseurs and restaurants located right on the beach. Green Leaf restaurant serves everything from a bacon and egg sandwich to BBQ mud crab. We spent most nights dining at these restaurants to avoid paying resort prices for meals and cocktails. Having said that, we dined at Baan Talay restaurant in the resort on our last night - food was superb! We have never tasted better Thai food anywhere.
We had read rave reviews of Lotus restaurant on this website, our experience there was dreadful. Service was extremely slow (1hr+ for our meals to arrive) one of which was incorrect.
On the whole Angsana is a lovely place to stay. The day spa has execellent masseurs and the babysitting service was wonderful.
The only downsides to our stay were repeatedly having to complain about our leaking air con and the broken bathroom extractor fan. These issues created constant condensation on the tiles in our room and dampness in our sheets. Our concern of potential injury to our toddler on the wet surfaces was raised several times but the issue was never resolved and no compensation offered. Our other grievance was upon check out when we saw a further charge of 1900THB for transfer to the airport despite previous email correspondence stating " @ 1800THB for arrival & departure transfer". Despite having the email in hand staff disputed this and we were left with no option but to pay up due to the absence of outside taxis.
Unfortunately this left us peeved and although we enjoyed our time at Angsana we will most likely stay elsewhere next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Warm tropical sun, pristine white sand beaches and a shimmering blue sea. Angsana Laguna Phuket has it all. Play golf, snorkel, island hop, or bask on the beach, this is the ideal resort to spend a restful beach vacation, romantic rendezvous or a fun-filled family holiday. Angsana Laguna Phuket is the flagship establishment of the Angsana Hotels and Resorts - managed by luxury hospitality brand, the Banyan Tree Group. The resort features 401 immaculately decorated guest rooms, lofts, suites and private villa residences. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Travelocity, Agoda, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Angsana Laguna Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Angsana Laguna Phuket Hotel Thalang
- Sheraton Hotel Cherngtalay
- Sheraton Resort Cherngtalay
- Sheraton Phuket
- Sheraton Grande Laguna Phuket
- Phuket Sheraton
- Angsana Laguna Phuket Thailand