29 people are viewing this hotel
$116
Free cancellation until 10/01/22
$116
Free cancellation until 10/08/22
Reserve now, pay at stay
Agoda.com
$65
Priceline$116
Hotels.com$116
Travelocity$116
3,464 results
All reviews market place xana beach club bodega grill baan talay bedroom loft kids club premier room canal village laguna phuket overlooking the lagoon swim up bar shuttle bus great resort family holiday thai restaurant buffet breakfast pool side
Selected filters
Reviewed August 29, 2012

The resort is very bright and clean. My only issue is that when it is crowded within the lobby, check-in will require a while to process.

Rooms are exceptionally clean and big. I like the open spaces within the resort and food is excellent and prices is reasonable.

Spa is excellent! I love the treatments and I feel refreshed and recharged after the treatment.

1  Thank WinnyOng
Reviewed August 23, 2012

a excellent resort! very beautiful, very clean, very friendly! My family and I love it very much.
very high cost-effective. The free form swim pool is very big and very beautiful, and the beach front pool has very wonderful sea-view.
I'll come back again.

Reviewed August 22, 2012

Take a look on holidaycheck.de. There´s my full description.
Excellent hotel. Just 4 weeks old. Very comfortable. Excellent service quality und nice rooms. Hugh hotel area and with much things to discover.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Pascal B
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Actually we should have known when we checked in. The room we were initially shown (a 2 bedroom Angsana suite) smelt like an ashtray and was very poky and dark. We were shown another suite, but it had the same configuration and did not smell much better. After reviewing a few more rooms we downgraded to an ocean-view premier room 2230 (very good newly renovated room) with a connecting regular room.

The problem with this hotel is that they have partially renovated, but have left out major areas such as the the corridors and doors and windows (which have large gaps allowing bugs to enter the rooms.)

The kids club is very large, and definitely a highlight of this hotel.

Swimming pool is a long meandering connection between 3 large pools, but lacks the usual gimmicks such as slides etc.

The beach club XANA is by far and away the best part of this hotel, clearly out soured to Attica a well known Singapore club operator.

Now that I have gone through the positives of the hotel, lets run through a few of the negatives.

Breakfast at this hotel is pathetic. 5 star hotels in Thailand set a global standard on what breakfast buffets can be. This hotel has not only let the side down, it is abysmal how poor the quality and selections actually are. Villa and Suite guests have a separate breakfast which is better, as it is a la carte.

The service is well below what you would consider 5 star. When I questioned raw seafood that had been left in the sun for over 25 minutes the restaurant staff said it would be "fine for the Chinese". The room attendant realized we could speak Thai and became very casual asking if he could go and have dinner and come back later to clean the room (halfway through cleaning) and also if we really needed ice as it was far for him!!!! Room service said that food would take 40 minutes as it was a very big order. ( 2 bowls of noodles and some chicken) We ended up getting this from the beach shack outside in 10 minutes.

The rooms are full of bugs and because of the lagoon mosquitos or what the manager claimed were not mosquitos but some type of water fly. These were all over the corridors outside the room (in their hundreds lined up on walls and ceilings. We asked for tho to be cleaned 6 times during the course of a day as they were not there the day we checked in, but there was no response.
When someone called my wife from guest relations to ask about our stay and she told the person she was very disappointed and upset, the caller laughed and said that was very nice.

When we checked out early after 2 days of this unhygienic and unclean hotel the manager tried to explain this was the tropics. When we told him in Thai that we had visited Phuket over 20 times and this was the worst experience we had had he said that it was not a common problem and most people seems happy. I wanted to point out that this was probably because most of the hotel is occupied by tour groups who fight to get to the buffet breakfast as if the food was going to run out and were probably happy to be in a hotel at all.

I know Angsana and Banyan Tree have made clear their intent to focus on the China market going forward, and I am glad that after two days in this hotel I can make clear that I will focus on not staying in any of their properties in the future.

Room tip: Spend all day at the beach club XANA
10  Thank Ioveit
BTGroup, General Manager at Angsana Laguna Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to provide your detailed feedback in regards to your recent stay with us and for sharing both the positives as well as the areas that you felt required improvement, the latter being crucial to us in our endeavours to constantly upgrade and improve our products and services.
I understand that you had required a change from the category you originally booked as it was located outside our main resort, and despite the challenges of trying to provide another option during a period of very high occupancy, I am glad that our team were able to provide you rooms that were in line with your expectations and with a view of the ocean as well.
I am sorry that the water insects, that make their home in the lagoon during the rainy season, had such an impact on your stay and we are investigating why the situation was so severe in your particular room, as they are in fact normally only found in public areas and then again in lesser numbers.
Delivery times for room service meals do depend on the occupancy and demand, as is the case with most resorts. I am sorry we were not able to meet your expectations in this regard, but am glad to read that our staff did indicate the waiting time from the onset and that you were able to avail of the local restaurants on the beach to minimise any inconvenience.
The hotel does, as you pointed out, provide two options for breakfast, and that guests staying in our suites and lofts can avail of a more intimate a la carte breakfast at Bodega, though we do provide an extensive buffet breakfast at Marketplace, which though at times busy, has often been indicated in many reviews as the highlight of guests’ stay. Our peak periods are from 9:00 – 10:30 perhaps in part due to the visit of “Lucky”, our resident baby elephant, but we do also provided an extended resort breakfast hour until 11:00 am to allow guests to enjoy this service after the main rush.
The hotel does have a higher than normal ratio of mainland Chinese guests at this time of the year, a trend that is quite common across all hotels in Phuket during this season, but I am disappointed to read that they had a profoundly adverse impact on your holiday.
In closing I wish to once again extend our sincere apologies for not being able to exceed your expectations as we would have hoped, and assure you that your comments have been shared with the entire team and we look forward to sharing with you, the many improvements we have made on a future stay.
Best regards
Jerry J. John

Reviewed August 20, 2012

Nice service and nice food. relaxing experience. the communication with reservation departmnt is very smooth and always promptly replied. the welcome drink is very tasty. all the staff are friendly and smiling. wil recommend to my friends. while the beach is a bit less chaming than the hotel itself, the pool is a nice place to enjoy swiming.