Have to say that the Dusit Thani resort was one of the best hotels we have stayed in ever. We have lived in Asia for 13 years and stayed in a few places and this was very close to the top of our list. We are a family of 5 (kids ages from 4 to 8) so we had the choice of booking 2 rooms or a villa and we chose the brilliant pool villa.
The villa was exceptional. Downstairs were 2 huge bedrooms each with its own outdoor area. Upstairs is the lounge which is very comfortable complete with a full kitchen while on the roof is the villa's private pool. When compared with booking 2 rooms there is actually no comparison. The cost is slightly more than booking 2 rooms but very well worth it.
The benefits were also great. 25% off spa treatment, unlimited high speed internet (we even borrowed a laptop for the stay), full breakfast for all of us, and while petty, unlimited soft drinks! You also have a brand new push bikes thrown in to use as well.
The resort itself is easily the best in the Laguna beach (Bangtao) area. We had actually checked into another resort next door which was around the same price but moved here instead. The outdoor area is huge (300m frontage to the beach), lovely gardens and great pool area. The staff are very friendly and helpful as well. The restaurants are great, esp. the one on the beach which does great bbqs.
The only disappointment was the room service food.
We will definitely come back here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A truly striking beachfront location resort with excellent facilities and gracious Thai hospitality, add up to a unique holiday retreat. Unwind in a sanctuary of tranquility, shaded by natural casuarinas and coconut palm trees. Offering low rise buildings in classic neo-colonial architectural features underpinned by modern Thai designs. Gentle breezes waft through the vaulted ceilings of the open-air lobby, carrying the sound of breaking waves from our adjacent beach. Located 20 km or a 30-minute drive south of Phuket International Airport, half an hour north of Patong Beach and half an hour east of Phuket city. Provides complimentary shuttle boat and buses to nearby hotels within Laguna Beach offering a up to 25 bars, restaurants and entertainment within minutes. With a variety of rooms, suites and villas to choose from you can be pampered on the tropical island of Phuket or as some others might say - The pearl of the Andaman Sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Dusit Thani Laguna Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dusit Thani Laguna Phuket Hotel Thalang
- Dusit Thani Laguna Phuket Cherngtalay
- Dusit Laguna Phuket
- Dusit Phuket
- Phuket Dusit
- Dusit Thani Laguna Phuket Thailand