This was our 6th consecutive visit and was as enjoyable as our previous stays. The beach and hotel facilities are just as good as ever. Our ocean view room was maintained to an immaculate standard by the morning and evening by the house staff - Boo and Saowanee - despite our best efforts to make the daily clean a real challenge. Everyone we met had real smiles and wanted to help in any way they could if we had a problem. In particular, Janjira and Anothai on the concierge desk were very helpful going the extra mile to pass on the benefits of their local knowledge. Other great helpers were the porters who provided lots of packaging for some goods we purchased, the gardeners who kept the grounds immaculate and the maintenance team who repaired our defective door bell.
Evening entertainment was provided by Dhonna and her band. The songs were pitched at just the right tempo which encouraged some very experienced ballroom dancers to show their skills - lovely to watch and appreciated by many who were there. The terrace lounge is served by Oawana - someone who has a lovely smile and is a pleasure to meet. One change we have noticed is the dress worn by the bar teams - pantaloons that make the lovely ladies look like extras from a production of Ali Barber and the Forty Thieves. Why did someone think that the very feminine long skirts needed changing?
Our preference is to dine out in the evening but other guests reported excellent meals in La Trattoria and Ruen Thai restauarants. The regular BBQ at the Casuriana beach bar is excellent - arrive starving because the choices are mouth watering and all taste delicious.
On the down side there have been a few changes that have not been welcomed by many returning guests. The stopping of the weekly evening cocktail party reduces the opportunity of meeting old friends socially and the removal of discounts on all but foood purchased in the hotel for some guests added to the costs this year.
This is a great hotel - in my opinion the best on the Bangtao beach - despite its age - now 26 years since opening. Loved every minute of our stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A truly striking beachfront location resort with excellent facilities and charming Thai service and hospitality, add up to a unique holiday experience. It is about 20 km or a 30-minute drive south of Phuket International Airport, half an hour north of Patong Beach and half an hour east of Phuket city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Dusit Thani Laguna Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dusit Thani Laguna Phuket Hotel Thalang
- Dusit Thani Laguna Phuket Cherngtalay
- Dusit Laguna Phuket
- Dusit Phuket
- Phuket Dusit
- Dusit Thani Laguna Phuket Thailand