Couple aged 31
Before I review our experience of the hotel, here are some tips we wish we had known....
Get baht for main currency, approx 50 baht / £. It seems to be much more accepted than dollars.
The beach is stunning, however be warned, if its swimming and snorkeling that appeals, the beach has signs up " not safe to swim". The currents are that strong!
Just finished one week of our honeymoon at the Dusit Thani. First impressions, this hotel is aesthetically appealing located along the beach front, the room we had was a deluxe beach front 321.. it was spacious, clean and the fruit was a nice touch!Good view of the sea.
The breakfast was good, plenty of fruit, bread and hot foods something for everyone.
As the hotel does not do all inclusive we found the food very expensive within the hotel and within the laguna complex. Definitely walk up the beach some nice bars and restaurants! We loved Tik.
A baby elephant called lucky walks up the beach every day at 8am and 4 pm she is something else!
You can also get thai massage along the beach for about 300 baht for one hour ...only £6 ....well worth it! The hotel spa looks great but super expensive!
We did not find entertainment great for a 5 star hotel the singing was not so good... this wasn't a big deal for us.
To summarise, this hotel looks appealing and we had a nice time, however very expensive to eat and drink. The thai people we encountered, some friendly some subdued, not as friendly as I was led to believe.
Our last holiday was a 4 star plus all inclusive hotel in Mexico and I can honestly say that if you have experienced a holiday like this in America/Mexico that your expectations may not be met.
Be aware of the low season weather, I would recommend if circumstances and cost permit go from November on as the low season weather can be very wet and humid. We saw a wedding last week and it was windy and raining heavy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A truly striking beachfront location resort with excellent facilities and gracious Thai hospitality, add up to a unique holiday retreat. Unwind in a sanctuary of tranquility, shaded by natural casuarinas and coconut palm trees. Offering low rise buildings in classic neo-colonial architectural features underpinned by modern Thai designs. Gentle breezes waft through the vaulted ceilings of the open-air lobby, carrying the sound of breaking waves from our adjacent beach. Located 20 km or a 30-minute drive south of Phuket International Airport, half an hour north of Patong Beach and half an hour east of Phuket city. Provides complimentary shuttle boat and buses to nearby hotels within Laguna Beach offering a up to 25 bars, restaurants and entertainment within minutes. With a variety of rooms, suites and villas to choose from you can be pampered on the tropical island of Phuket or as some others might say - The pearl of the Andaman Sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Dusit Thani Laguna Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dusit Thani Laguna Phuket Hotel Thalang
- Dusit Thani Laguna Phuket Cherngtalay
- Dusit Laguna Phuket
- Dusit Phuket
- Phuket Dusit
- Dusit Thani Laguna Phuket Thailand