Stayed for 6 nights in two ocean view rooms on the third floor (family of 5!). The rooms were attractively decorated with nice touches - such as fresh flowers for the turn down service, lighted oil lamp in the bathroom and a bowl of different fruits provided daily. Some maintenance work was on-going during our stay but this didn't spoil our experience. The hotel reception, foyer and restaurants were extremely appealing in design and decoration. Being greeted by a Thai musician added to the very pleasant atmosphere.
The buffet breakfast was wonderful and varied, beautifully presented and catered for all tastes. The Thai restaurant provided a lovely ambience overlooking the attractive lagoon. The food, as always, was delightful.
The well maintained Laguna area with its high class hotels is certainly light years away from the Thai norm of cable strewn streets, stray dogs and millions of market stalls! You must decide which you prefer and can afford!
We experienced a few problems with electrical faults in one of the rooms and a burst water main which caused quite an emergency! All added to the experience!!!! All were eventually dealt with by maintenance staff and apologies received, accompanied by a welcome bottle of wine, chocolates or flowers.
The staff were always very professional and went out of their way to make you feel welcome.
The pool / garden area and access directly onto the beach was all well maintained with ample sun beds and free hotel towels. Long walks (5km-ish) on a clean palm fringed bay were delightful.
Beyond the hotel boundary, as seems to be the case in much of Thailand, there seems to be a lack of care in keeping a well maintained environment. It was a shame that a number of shanty / shed like kiosks / bars - closed for the 'green' season fringed the beach and at times could detract from the natural beauty of the surroundings.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A truly striking beachfront location resort with excellent facilities and charming Thai service and hospitality, add up to a unique holiday experience. It is about 20 km or a 30-minute drive south of Phuket International Airport, half an hour north of Patong Beach and half an hour east of Phuket city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Dusit Thani Laguna Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dusit Thani Laguna Phuket Hotel Thalang
- Dusit Thani Laguna Phuket Cherngtalay
- Dusit Laguna Phuket
- Dusit Phuket
- Phuket Dusit
- Dusit Thani Laguna Phuket Thailand