Dusit Thani Laguna Phuket
Outrigger Laguna Phuket Beach Resort(Choeng Thale)(Great Value!)
$278
$192
Agoda.com
Andaman Seaside Resort(Bang Tao Beach)
$45
The Surin Phuket(Choeng Thale)(Great Value!)
$333
Agoda.com
Movenpick Resort Bangtao Beach Phuket(Bang Tao Beach)(Great Value!)
$218
$185
Agoda.com
Angsana Laguna Phuket(Choeng Thale)(Great Value!)
$219
Ayara Hilltops Resort and Spa Surin Beach(Choeng Thale)(Great Value!)
$172
$167
The Chava Resort(Choeng Thale)
$359
$333
The Pavilions Phuket(Choeng Thale)(Great Value!)
$212
$162
MANATHAI Surin Phuket(Choeng Thale)(Great Value!)
$61
$55
Hotels.com
Anantara Layan Phuket Resort(Choeng Thale)(Great Value!)
$536
$459
Trip.com
1,941 results
All reviewsla trattoriaclub roomhorizon loungethai restaurantpool cafeother hotelsocean frontcocktail hourwalk along the beachcanal villagehotel is beautifulblack catthai hospitalityangsana spapool villashuttle bussea view
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We found the Dusit Thani a very peaceful place in the middle of the hustle and bustle of Phuket. Having the beach front makes it feel quite special. There is a sense of "old world" about the Dusit and we love that. The rooms are a little dated but have great bathrooms and we love having a separate shower, not an over bath shower. The gardens are gorgeous, restaurants excellent and the staff are very attentive and warmly welcoming. We travelled with my 90 year old mother and the staff treated her like a beloved grand mother. My only problem was that I asked for adjoining rooms and we weren't allocated these. The lesson learned is don't rely on the booking agent, contact the hotel directly. It was a lovely place to be.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 14, 2013

On arrival at the hotel, I was disappointed that we were not able to check in straight away, I appreciate they have to make rooms up etc, however it would have been good for the check in staff to advise us of a) how we could freshen up b) advise of places we could go for lunch/ get refreshments etc. Luckily I had done some research before hand, so we walked to the beach and walked towards Lotus bar for some drinks and food. We felt like we had wasted a day waiting to check into our room, however this is a problem that I have with our travel agents, who could have maybe pushed for an early check in. I had read that the rooms facing the laguna have a funny damp smell, so when we were eventually shown to our room, there was a smell, and I insisted that we had a new room. I would say that the staff were aware of the problem and were more than happy to change our room. The second room was better (original room was on ground floor facing laguna) the second room was on the first floor, and whilst there was still a smell it was a lot better. I opened the doors and let some fresh air in to make it smell better. I think another reason for the damp smell is because of the shower leaking water through the door on to the main floor and not having great draining solutions for this. However with a bit of DIY with the bath towel, we were able to stop the floors from getting soaking wet, hence smelling. I am surprised by some of the comments that say that the rooms are dated, I found the room to be very good standard and did not find them dated at all.

The service at the hotel was very good, and attentive.

I would say that the hotel is expensive for food and drinks. I felt that the menus were misleading, showing a price, and then at the bottom of the menus stating that 10% would be added for service and 7% for government tax. The bills then had the option of adding another tip. I felt that this was a bit cheeky, especially as other hotels in Thailand did not provide this option. I felt guilty for not giving an additional tip, but a basic lunch of salad and a sandwich for two people has cost nearly £50!

It is definitely worth trying Lotus or the other independent restaurants for food, plus it is a lot cheaper.

We did the elephant trek available at the Laguna resort for 30 minutes. I was really excited to do this, based on previous elephant treks I had done in the past. However I was very disappointed by this experience. We were not provided with any explanation of what was happening, the elephants name, where we were going and what we were going to do. Such ashame... on reflection we should have done the day's excursion outside of the hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Beckie C
Gordon Michael ... A, General Manager at Dusit Thani Laguna Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2017

Dear Beckie C,

Although this was some time back - I would like to apologize for your experience. The hotel is pretty much the same in terms of ambiance and service with a smile.

Some renovations have been done to the restaurants, rooms and facilities with more upgrades to continue and maintain our standards.

We do hope to welcome you back soon. Should you plan to return, please do let us know if you're coming in earlier and I will be happy to ensure that your room will be made available.

Kind regards

Reviewed March 13, 2013

This was our 5th stay at The Dusit being one of the many guests who return every year. During our 4 week stay, my wife was taken ill with a potentially life threatening condition and was admitted into the very efficent and modern Phuket International Hospital.
During her stay the management and all the employees that we normally come into contact on a daily basis never failed to enquire about her condition and showed great concern, This included Peter Komposch, the general manager and Natalie Kamolwattanasoontorne, the resident manager, front of house, concierges, porters, waiting and room servicing employees.
Three beautiful bouquets of flowers were delivered to the room being arranged by employees and hotel management. During my wife’s recovery we were allowed exclusive use of one of the hotel’s wheelchairs – a real benefit because walking became very difficult.
The concierges arranged for the airline to have wheelchair assistance available during our journey home.
The treatment we received form everyone at The Dusit was a credit to the friendliness of the Thai people who showed real concern about the condition of my wife and the professionalism of the hotel management who all played a part in making the stay for us both enjoyable despite the sudden illness of my wife.
We plan to return in 2014 for another wonderful vacation.

Room Tip: Enquire about the rooms that have been refurbished in the last few years.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Our weeklong stay ends tomorrow & we wish we had another day or two! We chose a beach front Dusit Club room (room 104) and love the more private location near the north end of the hotel. The Club (concierge) amenities are very nice & worth the up charge in our opinion. The included breakfast (until 11am which is wonderful so we could spend most of our morning paddling around in the sea) is one of the most extensive and varied we've ever experienced - anything from dim sum to frozen yoghurt to sushi to cooked to order eggs. Cocktail hour from 6 to 7 is another included perk & the service & location are wonderful. Our room was lovely & very peaceful & quiet and the staff was very gracious and responsive to our requests.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank jllewisy
Reviewed March 8, 2013

This year marked our 25th visit to this Wonderful Hotel. We have been going every Dec/Jan for the past 25 years.
The location is wonderful, Peaceful,and relaxing.The 4 restaurants are all Excellent..and the Italian would be a Top Restaurant if it was in London. The staff at this Hotel are the finest in any Hotel we have ever stayed in. The manager Mr Peter can be seen walking around the Hotel during the day and speaking with guests to see everyone is enjoying their stay.
I have recommended many people to the hotel and they have become returning guests. This hotel has the largest percentage
returning guests on the Island. 12 of us from all over the world who have become friends over the years meet up every Dec..and I hope I will be going to this Hotel for my Xmax holiday for many more years to come.
If you get the chance stay there...It's Great ...
Irving Becker