“Great burgers”

Sugar Reef Sports Bar & Restaurant
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: All sports shown on Large screens in HD,European and Thai Food.All food home made and freshly cooked,specials menu changed weekly.We are OPPOSITE Tesco Lotus in Cherntalay near to Blue Bank.If you are using GPS it is incorrect . Please note we are CLOSED Monday during the day and open at 4.40 Pm.
Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

Nice sport bar with very good food, the reef burger was fantastic, this place is absolutely worth a visit! Thanks for the ride! /Peter and Linda

Jamie T, Owner at Sugar Reef Sports Bar & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2014

Thank for taking the time to review " The Reef" we were really pleased you enjoyed the burgers.We have advised trip adviser that we come up incorrectly on GPS and hope this will be resolved but are pleased that we could help and give you a ride.We hope to see u again if you visit Sunny Phuket.

Reviewed December 13, 2013

Been back to the bar for the 2nd year running and it's still great. Had the chicken fajitas which were very good. Definitely recommended!

Jamie T, Owner at Sugar Reef Sports Bar & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review " The Reef " We have now been open 2 years and are really pleased when we get return visitors like yourself. it is lovely that you remember us.All the staff say hello and hope you have a lovely xmas.

Reviewed December 12, 2013

Just had a ten day holiday in bang toa beach and this was our bar of choice. From the moment we walked in to our last night we felt very welcomed. All the food i tasted was delicious and the wife said the home made pies were to die for. I mentioned i would like to play golf and i was invited onto the bars golf society outing, thanks lads. During our stay i celebrated a birthday and there was a live band that night and birthday cake. We met some great people during our stay. Thanks to jamie and family for making our holiday very special. I would recommend this bar to everyone. thanks to Aussie keith for the use of the clubs.

Thank you Andy for taking the time to write such a positive review for us.We were so pleased you enjoyed our Golf Day and that you could celebrate your birthday with us.It was lovely to meet your family and we hope that you have a lovely xmas and if you come back tio sunny Phuket then we would be very happy to see you again.

Reviewed December 7, 2013

I went with my family and I was not impressed. We had planned to try out the pub but the language from a group of what seemed to be 'regulars' was enough.

I can not comment on the food as one drink was enough. If I wanted to listen to this I would have taken my kids to Bangla. Clean up the foul language and maybe you will get better ...........

Jamie T, Owner at Sugar Reef Sports Bar & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2013

We are so sorry that you had such an experience on your 1st visit to " The Reef" If this incident happenened on the Saturday that you submitted this review then I can assure that the instigator of this foul language has now been permanently banned from the bar.As we are a family run bar we will not tolerate bad language/behaviour.If it was another night other than the Saturday then I would be grateful if you would let me know which night .If you do pay us another visit please ask for Jamie and I will ensure that this visit is much more pleasant experience for you and your family.If you look at our other reviews you can see that we pride ourselves on being a family run bar/restaurant and we will not tolerate such behaviour.Once again our sincere apologises.

Reviewed November 12, 2013

Friendly owner (or manager) and it’s a nice ‘hang out’ place. I think it is nice to go there to watch sports and have a drink or a quick dinner while watching.
There was a very nice woman inquiring about our food but she asked within 2 minutes to post something on tripadvisor which I found a bit weird… But still she was very nice and she made guests feel welcome and at home.
A point to look into is their staff. The girl behind the bar was wearing a thing that must have been a skirt and I could see her red underwear peaking out. This is maybe ok for of these ‘low class’ bars on Bangla Road but not for a place that promotes itself as family friendly.

Jamie T, Owner at Sugar Reef Sports Bar & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2013

Thank You for taking the time to review " The Reef ".We will take on board your comments about Trip Adviser its just it can help raise awareness of your bar/restaurant and as a fairly new business is a very useful tool But I fully accept we may have been over zealous on this occasion. sincere .apologises.But I am pleased that you drew my attention to the dress of one of my staff and please be assured that I will take steps to ensure that they wear the uniform provided all the time as yes we are a family bar and we do have a dress code and I am truly sorry if you were offended..Thank you again for your review.And if you are in Phuket again we would be pleased to welcome you to " The Reef " to see that this has been resiolved as we do take all the comments we recieve good or bad very seriously.

Jamie.