“Big meals great welcome”

Sugar Reef Sports Bar & Restaurant
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: All sports shown on Large screens in HD,European and Thai Food.All food home made and freshly cooked,specials menu changed weekly.We are OPPOSITE Tesco Lotus in Cherntalay near to Blue Bank.If you are using GPS it is incorrect . Please note we are CLOSED Monday during the day and open at 4.40 Pm.
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Big meals great welcome”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Having just returned to our villa, I felt that I should share the experience that we enjoyed tonight. We are two couples in our 40's from England, to say the portions are large would be an understatement.two of us had Thai dishes and two had the Chicken & leek pie.the Thai dishes were as good as any meal that we have eaten since our arrival, the pies were very tasty and served with fresh vegetables, all the food was served piping hot.The evening was made by the host Jamie who was very welcoming and full of information about the local area,his staff were very attentive . To sum up good food good company good price!!!!!!

• Visited April 2013
Jamie T, Owner at Sugar Reef Sports Bar & Restaurant, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
We would just like to thank you for taking the time to Review "The Reef" so positively.We are pleased that enjoyed the food and have passed your comments on to chef,who was very pleased.We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you to our bar again in the future.

Tropical Regards.

Jamie.

Middlebury, Connecticut
“Good Food! Cold Beer!”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

I've been to Sugar Reef a few times and the food has been delicious. I had the reefer burger, the chicken leek pie with mash and gravy and the fish and chips. Cheers to the cook! The beer was cold and reasonably priced. I plan on returning there on my next trip to the area.

My the American

• Visited March 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review "The Reef" so positively.We look forward to welcoming you again when you return to our lovely Island of Phuket.

Singapore, Singapore
“Good grub”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Jamie is a great host. I visited with my family. This is a great place to go when you want some "home cooking". The whole place is very friendly, and the local staff are very attentive. Great burgers, must try the pies next visit!

• Visited March 2013
Jamie T, Owner at Sugar Reef Sports Bar & Restaurant, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Thank you David for taking the time to review "The Reef" and for your very positive comments the staff were very pleased to hear this .We look forward to you visiting "The Reef" again and hopefully you will try one of our Roast Dinners .Looking forward to seeing you again and many thanks for your review.

London
“Mum's Pies!!”
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Great place to chill, watch sport (constantly on) nice big screen and smaller inside. Play pool, sit at the bar or outside and watch the world go by. Mum's pies are the best, wide variety can recommend the Steak and Kidney! Friendly staff and very welcoming owner and family. Well worth a visit

1 Thank Footprints38
Jamie T, Owner at Sugar Reef Sports Bar & Restaurant, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Thank You Footprints38 for taking the time to Review"The Reef"in such a positive way and we are so pleased u loved the pies.All our pies are hand made with the freshest ingredients and "chef"will be so pleased that you enjoyed it.When you are back in Phuket we would be pleased to welcome you again to "The Reef".

Jamie.
Hong Kong, China
“I was highly skeptical of this place before coming,”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

The number of low post reviews does that to me.

That said we had a very nice time. The service was fast and friendly, and the seats well cushioned and comfortable.

A plus or minus depending on you, is that smoking is allowed as it's open air. My father in law smokes and was very appreciative of that. If you dislike smoke, be aware.

Another small minus was they didn't have chicken when I was there, so my Chicken Cashew Nut as well as my second choice were unavailable.

Instead I ordered larb moo, a spicy pork salad, and was rewarded with one of the best versions of it I've yet tried.

Well done Sugar Reef.

• Visited February 2013
Jamie T, Owner at Sugar Reef Sports Bar & Restaurant, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to reveiw "The Reef" we are please you enjoyed the Larb but so sorry u didn't get the opportunity to sample the Chicken & Cashew nuts,as we buy our chicken breast fresh, we sometimes find we experience a shortage from our supplier but realise that it results in disappointment for our customers so we are making every effort to ensure this does not happen in the future.Many thanks for visiting us and we hope to have that pleasure once agin in the future.