“I was highly skeptical of this place before coming,”

Sugar Reef Sports Bar & Restaurant
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: All sports shown on Large screens in HD,European and Thai Food.All food home made and freshly cooked,specials menu changed weekly.We are OPPOSITE Tesco Lotus in Cherntalay near to Blue Bank.If you are using GPS it is incorrect . Please note we are CLOSED Monday during the day and open at 4.40 Pm.
Reviewed February 11, 2013

The number of low post reviews does that to me.

That said we had a very nice time. The service was fast and friendly, and the seats well cushioned and comfortable.

A plus or minus depending on you, is that smoking is allowed as it's open air. My father in law smokes and was very appreciative of that. If you dislike smoke, be aware.

Another small minus was they didn't have chicken when I was there, so my Chicken Cashew Nut as well as my second choice were unavailable.

Instead I ordered larb moo, a spicy pork salad, and was rewarded with one of the best versions of it I've yet tried.

Well done Sugar Reef.

Jamie T, Owner at Sugar Reef Sports Bar & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to reveiw "The Reef" we are please you enjoyed the Larb but so sorry u didn't get the opportunity to sample the Chicken & Cashew nuts,as we buy our chicken breast fresh, we sometimes find we experience a shortage from our supplier but realise that it results in disappointment for our customers so we are making every effort to ensure this does not happen in the future.Many thanks for visiting us and we hope to have that pleasure once agin in the future.

Jamie

Reviewed February 11, 2013

I love Thai food, but sometimes, you just want a taste of home. The place is easy to find, just opposite the Tesco and McDonalds, and I was made to feel welcome. I was tempted by the steak & kidney pie and mash and wasn't disappointed. The pastry was perfect with nice lumps of tender steak and kidney, and so was the mash with tasty thick gravy. I'll be back on Friday for fish & chips me thinks.

Many thanks for taking the time to review Sugar Reef.We are pleased that you enjoyed the pie and hope the Fish & Chips also lives up to your expectations.We hope u enjoy your time diving in and around Phuket and look forward to seeing u again.

Jamie

Reviewed January 28, 2013

We visited Sugar Reef several times whilst on holiday with famiy. We tried both the English and Thai food and were not disappointed, the portions are generous and they have a great specials board. Jamie (the bar owner) and his staff were very friendly and knowledgeable, the service was far superior to other local bars/restaurants that we had tried. I would highly recommend Sugar Reef to anyone and will definitely come back when we next visit Phuket.

1  Thank Amber B
Jamie T, Owner at Sugar Reef Sports Bar & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review "The Reef" in such a positive way.We are so pleased that you enjoyed your visits to our bar and we all remember your infectious laugh it was such a pleasure to serve you.And we look forward to seeing you again when you next visit Phuket.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

As a local Brit who lives in the Cherngtalay, Phuket area this is a restaurant for me!
I visit this place at least twice a week, for the food, service, atmosphere and English football watched on big flat screens.
Managed by Jamie and his lovely mother Carol (who makes the most wonderful pies), its a little England but with a Thai twist. The bar/restuarant staff are lovely Thai women who always smile and make you feel most welcomed, without being to obtrusive.
A broad selection of English and Thai Food which includes really tasty homemade pies, bangers and mash, liver and bacon, huge burgers etc....The sunday roasts are great value with all the trimmings. I had Christmas lunch there 2012 and wasn't dissapointed, huge portions, with all the trimmings again and great service. I like draught lager and they have on tap Tiger beer my favourite, So if you are passing this area make a pit stop for the Sugar Reef Restaurant, you won't be dissapointed

Jamie T, Manager at Sugar Reef Sports Bar & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

Thank you Jan G for taking the time to write such a glowing review on The Reef,The staff were very pleased when I showed them your comments it certainly does them good to hear such praise.It makes all our jobs really worthwhile when we get such great customers as yourself and we hope you will join us next year for xmas dinner we all had such a great time and I think we all felt that all the expats done their bit to add a little bit of home to this paradise that is Phuket on xmas day.We look for ward to your next visit.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

Once again I visited the sugar reef, and it'd friendly atmosphere, wether our a local or not, even the patrons make themselves welcome, and have a beer with you.
On my second night, I decided to have a pork chop and mash and all the veggies, as was over Thai food, arrived approx 8 minutes after it ordered and it was scrumptious , bonus was the two bit of bread to soak up all the delicious gravy left on my plate.
But you know it was 9.45 pm, and as I was working late, but they catered to me without a whim, plus the plateful was delicious and satisfying to say the least, and only 200 baht. Plus beers. Lol
Going to try one of those pies next time.
Guys and gals, don't miss this place.
Keith

Jamie T, Owner at Sugar Reef Sports Bar & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review of "The Reef".What would we do without our regulars and the best thing about them is how they welcome visitors to our lovely island.Visitors and regulars alike our staff make them all equally welcome.I will pass your comments to the chef and staff and I am sure they will be very pleased.Thank you once again.