“2 week Stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Similan Hotel
England
“2 week Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2012

I satyed at The Similan guest house for two weeks whilst looking for long term accommodation in the area. Wha't a great place so clean spacious room and above all the two terraces, one upstairs where I could quietly read or do y emails, and the bar restaurant terrace downstairs. Marrianne and Jacinte the french owners would ben over backwar'ds to accomodate any request, great breakfast and a daily short menu of fresh food. The bar was a mixture of locals and guests, super atmosphere and an ideal place for a drink after work.

I have now found a permanent house though have become a regular in the bar and restaurant. Other local bars and restaurants are 5-10 minute walk away and Bangtao beach only 5 minutes, in my opinion one of the best beaches on 'Phuket. Surin again is only a 10 minute wal away. So much better than staying in a branded hotel real character and genuines service. I have recommended this guesthouse to all my friends who come to visit need I say more!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
  • Polish first
Vancouver
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2012

Situated between Surin Beach and Bang Tao Beach is Hidden Gem called Similan Hotel.

This place has a very unique vibe. It's very easy to feel right home once you arrive on the terrace of Similan Hotel. There is certainly a strong mixture of culture, comfort and diversity if you compare it to many other hotels/guesthouses in Thailand. I would have to say that perhaps with being foreigners themselves; the owner tries her very best to make the place feel like home.

The staff and management are excellent; they go above and beyond expectations to make sure that your stay is as comfortable as possible. They have a small daily menu that varies day to day. Breakfast is served to your liking, fresh coffee/espresso made right in front of you. The bar selection is basic but carries all the 'staple' liquors and spirits that any bar must have to be called a bar...

The rooms are spacious, clean, air-conditioned and fan, Television as well, ensuite... I'll have to admit that I spent a good amount of time in my bed at Similan because everything was so relaxing..also the beach was very close by so there was no hassle in rushing out for a long walk..

There are also numerous restaurants and other amenities within close proximity to Similan Hotel whether it be a short walk or a scooter ride.

I will definitely be returning to Similan Hotel like most of the other guests I met during my stay there. Each guest had there own reasons for returning time after time and I will have to say I now have mine..

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Thida P
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2012

we stayed with my wife and parents in law at the similan hotel in january this year.

The hotel is well located near the more quiet bangtao beach and the rooms are very clean.

The french owner, Daniel, is a truly remarkable host, he really cares about the well being of his guests and makes you feel at home. I felt like I was staying at my grand ma's place.

The breakfast he cooked for us was always different and based on what we told him we liked the day before. I told him I liked muesli and he bothered preparing a really tasty swiss muesli with fresh fruits that had to marinate the whole night in the fridge before being eaten.

He was also full of good recommendations on where to go on the island.

Staying here made me remember what guest house really means.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family