“Private villa”

Two Villas Holiday, Oriental Style Layan Beach
Reviewed October 18, 2013

There was normal wear and tear such as water damage to wood blinds in the bathroom and a bit of mildew stain by the tub area, but overall the property was well kept. We even had an issue with the internet and air conditioner and a maintenance man was sent to correct the issue rather quickly. After reading all the reviews, I was expecting the worse, however, my stay was overall pleasant. A shuttle runs 3 times a day and we used it. The receptionist set up all our tours, with no hassle. The comforter on the bed was a bit short, as we are tall people. An extra blanket and pillow in the closet, small face towels and a mosquito catcher for the patio would have been great, but was not provided in this villa. At sun down the mosquitos came out, so we went in. The food was good, but we ate better and for less at street booths and place near the temple. We ordered pizza a few times because my kids really did not like Thai food. The company delivered. The worse part of my trip there was the extreme adventure tour, which my oldest son loved. He is 20 years old, and walking a tight rope in the jungle and sliding down muddly hills on an atv whose motor just stopped for no reason, was fun to him, however I was nervous and fearing for my life on that tour. If I ever return to Thailand, I would do the shows only.

Room Tip: There is no fitness room nor spa.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank alicia j

Reviewed September 30, 2013

The villa I had was spacious, well equiped with a tasteful and modern interiour. The pool was fine though a bit much chlorine in it. Yet the weak sides of this place dominated:
- Cockroaches in the bedroom ... big ones!
- Old, wet and partly rotten seat rests on the pool deck
- Quite some noice from the construction site nearby
- After my arrival at 6pm there was no way to order food anymore. Fridge empty, no minibar stocked.
I wanted to check out the morning after my arrival after all of that.But the hotel refused to refund the money for the remaining days that I had payed already.

Overall this was not a good experience.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Robinyy
Reviewed September 23, 2013

We stayed for one night in a two bedroom villa. I found it smaller, older and dirtier than the Two Villas in Nai Harn, which we stayed at about 2 years ago.

The villa is of reasonable size. The pool was clean and large enough to actually swim in, but watch out for protruding nails in the wooden deck surrounding the pool.

We did not manage to sleep well as the air conditioner in the bedroom made a loud cracking noise throughout the night. It sounded terrifyingly like someone knocking on the windows in the middle of the night.

Location wise, it is very far out to any area with convenience stores or restaurants. Renting a car or bike is recommended, or you’ll have to pay through your nose for a taxi. Another option would be to buy groceries back and cook in the villa, where there is a full kitchen and fridge. You can take a walk outside but the road is deserted with wild dogs roaming around. The dogs do not seem fierce though.

Staff are helpful and knowledgeable. There is a security guard around at night, but not in the day.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank bly76
Reviewed July 10, 2013

The villas here are beautiful. My boyfriend and I stayed in one that had two bedrooms, but we didn't have to share with anyone, the spare bedroom was just locked. Everything was extremely clean and was consistently kept that way (they even carefully folded clothes that had been chucked on the floor) and the quality standard was excellent. There were two airconditioners to regulate temperature in the bedroom and lounge room, and plenty of space to lie around. The pool was simply beautiful, and there were two lounge chairs next to it, as well as an outdoor shower and a little clothes line. The maid came every day to cook breakfast, you just need to order which breakfast you'd like the day before and specify a time. You should close the door to your bedroom because she'll ring the doorbell but go right to the kitchen if you don't come out. We also had a massage, but we didn't specify what type we wanted as it came with a voucher and we got the traditional Thai, which was a bit scary but very tension-relieving! As for transport, there is a shuttle bus three times a day, but you need to reserve a spot at least an hour beforehand. They give you a mobile which you can take out with you to call them if you need. It's true that it's not near many places, but if you go for a twenty-ish minute walk then you get to a convenience store, we only went for a walk once though and as it started getting dark when we walked back, a few dogs came out and started following us. We never had any trouble with dogs but if you're not fond of them, or don't like it when they start howling at night, maybe cut the night walks! If you don't want to hire a car from the hotel, just take one of their free shuttle buses and take a taxi or tuk tuk from there so you're a bit closer to everything and pay less. Overall, this is a really fantastic villa, and the price was great as we got the voucher through Scoopon. It seems that the price is great even without a voucher though! Thank you Two Villas, I'd love to come back and take my family here!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank S S
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Private villa, Big pool, Nice staffs and near calm beach (Layan Beach)
I booked this villa because the price is very excellent cheap but the quality is very high.
Cleanliness room, spacious area and big pool. There are convenience store around there.
We stayed here with my family for 2 bedroom villa. When we arrived here at first I didn't find villa, I phoned to staff and then staff came to lead me to villa. We was only one family in villa group so make me feel very private and excellent stay. This place is very secure with 24hrs security.
For breakfast were prepared by cooking lady in villa by the time that appointed in advance.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Atchara C
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We are group of four and we had a big house that you can ever imagine with this price. The cleaning and cooking ladies will come to you your house everyday to cook breakfast and clean up your room. Even the room service food is very delicious and cheap. The swimming pool is large and deep enough to "real swim". However, you have to careful if you accompany with your children.

Don't miss the Night market nearby, they had a lot of cheap and tasty food serve over there!

I agree that the location is a bit far from the city center so you really need to rent a car. However, compare to the price I had paid, I think this Villas worth that price and I will come to visit again if I go to Phuket again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 20, 2013

I loved their oriental interior, I could definitely live there! It was just me & my hubby staying there so the place was big enough. Pool is lovely, bathroom was good with low tub and big enough shower, kitchen was good but they really should get rid of the ants though! They cook your breakfast in your kitchen so I was expecting top quality but it was quite ordinary.

We had a car so we went to tesco lotus to store food & drinks for dinner, also good to have cheap lunch at the food court which saved us a lot of money we spent else where. I also bought souvenirs with very good price there as well (they have all sorts of shops within shopping centre).

The place is pretty much in the middle of nowhere so you definitely need a car or scooter but perfect place to stay with friends or family otherwise. They were building lots of resort near there so I'm sure there will be more shops closer to the report near future.

I still don't understand why they don't have a staff staying at the desk for 24hours but they give you a mobile to contact the staff anytime so it's not too bad. I think they should have a washing machine within the villas as most of guests seem to stay for several nights with group of family members of friends, but if you need your laundry done I recommend the shop near the temple and fruit shop as you could either use the washing machine yourself (but no dryer there so you have to bring wet clothes to hang at your villa) at only 40-60 baht or go to next shop (2 story house) for washing/ironing for 10 baht per item (5 baht for underwear or sox).

Room Tip: Villas are right next to each other so I guess it's best to stay at the end so you are not stuck...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
#4 of 20 in Bang Tao Beach
Angsana Laguna Phuket
Angsana Laguna Phuket
#9 of 36 in Choeng Thale

Been to Two Villas Holiday, Oriental Style Layan Beach? Share your experiences!