New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Two Villas Holiday, Oriental Style Layan Beach
Adelaide
“Perfect and private”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

The villas here are beautiful. My boyfriend and I stayed in one that had two bedrooms, but we didn't have to share with anyone, the spare bedroom was just locked. Everything was extremely clean and was consistently kept that way (they even carefully folded clothes that had been chucked on the floor) and the quality standard was excellent. There were two airconditioners to regulate temperature in the bedroom and lounge room, and plenty of space to lie around. The pool was simply beautiful, and there were two lounge chairs next to it, as well as an outdoor shower and a little clothes line. The maid came every day to cook breakfast, you just need to order which breakfast you'd like the day before and specify a time. You should close the door to your bedroom because she'll ring the doorbell but go right to the kitchen if you don't come out. We also had a massage, but we didn't specify what type we wanted as it came with a voucher and we got the traditional Thai, which was a bit scary but very tension-relieving! As for transport, there is a shuttle bus three times a day, but you need to reserve a spot at least an hour beforehand. They give you a mobile which you can take out with you to call them if you need. It's true that it's not near many places, but if you go for a twenty-ish minute walk then you get to a convenience store, we only went for a walk once though and as it started getting dark when we walked back, a few dogs came out and started following us. We never had any trouble with dogs but if you're not fond of them, or don't like it when they start howling at night, maybe cut the night walks! If you don't want to hire a car from the hotel, just take one of their free shuttle buses and take a taxi or tuk tuk from there so you're a bit closer to everything and pay less. Overall, this is a really fantastic villa, and the price was great as we got the voucher through Scoopon. It seems that the price is great even without a voucher though! Thank you Two Villas, I'd love to come back and take my family here!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank S_S_Adelaide

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Rayong, Thailand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

Private villa, Big pool, Nice staffs and near calm beach (Layan Beach)
I booked this villa because the price is very excellent cheap but the quality is very high.
Cleanliness room, spacious area and big pool. There are convenience store around there.
We stayed here with my family for 2 bedroom villa. When we arrived here at first I didn't find villa, I phoned to staff and then staff came to lead me to villa. We was only one family in villa group so make me feel very private and excellent stay. This place is very secure with 24hrs security.
For breakfast were prepared by cooking lady in villa by the time that appointed in advance.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Atchara C
Hong Kong
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

We are group of four and we had a big house that you can ever imagine with this price. The cleaning and cooking ladies will come to you your house everyday to cook breakfast and clean up your room. Even the room service food is very delicious and cheap. The swimming pool is large and deep enough to "real swim". However, you have to careful if you accompany with your children.

Don't miss the Night market nearby, they had a lot of cheap and tasty food serve over there!

I agree that the location is a bit far from the city center so you really need to rent a car. However, compare to the price I had paid, I think this Villas worth that price and I will come to visit again if I go to Phuket again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013

I loved their oriental interior, I could definitely live there! It was just me & my hubby staying there so the place was big enough. Pool is lovely, bathroom was good with low tub and big enough shower, kitchen was good but they really should get rid of the ants though! They cook your breakfast in your kitchen so I was expecting top quality but it was quite ordinary.

We had a car so we went to tesco lotus to store food & drinks for dinner, also good to have cheap lunch at the food court which saved us a lot of money we spent else where. I also bought souvenirs with very good price there as well (they have all sorts of shops within shopping centre).

The place is pretty much in the middle of nowhere so you definitely need a car or scooter but perfect place to stay with friends or family otherwise. They were building lots of resort near there so I'm sure there will be more shops closer to the report near future.

I still don't understand why they don't have a staff staying at the desk for 24hours but they give you a mobile to contact the staff anytime so it's not too bad. I think they should have a washing machine within the villas as most of guests seem to stay for several nights with group of family members of friends, but if you need your laundry done I recommend the shop near the temple and fruit shop as you could either use the washing machine yourself (but no dryer there so you have to bring wet clothes to hang at your villa) at only 40-60 baht or go to next shop (2 story house) for washing/ironing for 10 baht per item (5 baht for underwear or sox).

Room Tip: Villas are right next to each other so I guess it's best to stay at the end so you are not stuck...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mina P
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2013

When we booked our holidays in Thailand we found accommodation rates rather steep in Phuket region, relative to other parts of the country. Since we were not too keen on compromising quality in the process, we did a bit more research.
We eventually chose this villas and we could not have been happier with our choice.
You pay a much cheaper price than going to a conventional hotel/resort and you get better quality of accommodation. If you are not obsessed with room service around the clock and value some privacy, this is a perfect option.
The villa was in pristine condition. Decorate with great taste. Very spacious would be an understatement. It was huge. The pool was fantastic. A maid comes in the morning and cooks breakfast in the villa according to your choices. We found this really handy and great time saver.
Again you do not have around the clock room service and you do not get cocktails delivered to you in the pool. But we did not care for that anyway.
Only but was that we could have appreciated a bit more local guidance from the girl at reception. Did not get much in terms of recommendations for local restaurants when we requested it. Other than that, she was always helpful.
My wife and kids loved it. So did I. Great choice. It appears they have a number of villa complexes spread around Phuket all with same standard. I can only provide opinion on this one.
A final advise. Having your own means of transportation is a must. The villas are very close to the Laguna complex but you still you need your own wheels. We rented a car and we were relieved we had. Depending on taxis is difficult and expensive in Phuket. I forgot... we found the Bangtao beach one of the quietest and more beautiful beachs in Phuket.

Room Tip: rent a car or scooter. you will need it.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2012

The staff are friendly and I've no problem despite changing my schedule and number of pax many times. So far, I only encountered that the air-con in my room was noisy and there was a broken tile in the private pool that hurt my friend's foot. We informed the staff and they apologised to us.
For pictures, please refer here: http://aquariusstoria.blogspot.sg/2012/12/two-villa-holiday-phuket.html

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2012

If have spa, room service and house keeping at night will be much better! And as we would like to have BBQ in garden but because too many mosquito and no table outside, it's very inconvenience, and it made us cancel the BBQ, we hope you can improve in this point!

• Stayed November 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Choeng Thale
The Residence Resort and Spa Retreat
Two Villas Holiday Oxygen Style Bangtao Beach
Two Villas Holiday Oxygen Style ...
#4 of 123 in Thalang District
Angsana Laguna Phuket
Angsana Laguna Phuket
#10 of 35 in Choeng Thale
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,749 reviews

Been to Two Villas Holiday, Oriental Style Layan Beach? Share your experiences!