WINNER WONDERLAND
Win Big When You Book on TripAdvisor

“You've got everything there but definitely need a car (or a scooter)” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Two Villas Holiday, Oriental Style Layan Beach

Two Villas Holiday, Oriental Style Layan Beach
Sydney, Australia
“You've got everything there but definitely need a car (or a scooter)”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013

I loved their oriental interior, I could definitely live there! It was just me & my hubby staying there so the place was big enough. Pool is lovely, bathroom was good with low tub and big enough shower, kitchen was good but they really should get rid of the ants though! They cook your breakfast in your kitchen so I was expecting top quality but it was quite ordinary.

We had a car so we went to tesco lotus to store food & drinks for dinner, also good to have cheap lunch at the food court which saved us a lot of money we spent else where. I also bought souvenirs with very good price there as well (they have all sorts of shops within shopping centre).

The place is pretty much in the middle of nowhere so you definitely need a car or scooter but perfect place to stay with friends or family otherwise. They were building lots of resort near there so I'm sure there will be more shops closer to the report near future.

I still don't understand why they don't have a staff staying at the desk for 24hours but they give you a mobile to contact the staff anytime so it's not too bad. I think they should have a washing machine within the villas as most of guests seem to stay for several nights with group of family members of friends, but if you need your laundry done I recommend the shop near the temple and fruit shop as you could either use the washing machine yourself (but no dryer there so you have to bring wet clothes to hang at your villa) at only 40-60 baht or go to next shop (2 story house) for washing/ironing for 10 baht per item (5 baht for underwear or sox).

Room Tip: Villas are right next to each other so I guess it's best to stay at the end so you are not stuck...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mina P

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2013

When we booked our holidays in Thailand we found accommodation rates rather steep in Phuket region, relative to other parts of the country. Since we were not too keen on compromising quality in the process, we did a bit more research.
We eventually chose this villas and we could not have been happier with our choice.
You pay a much cheaper price than going to a conventional hotel/resort and you get better quality of accommodation. If you are not obsessed with room service around the clock and value some privacy, this is a perfect option.
The villa was in pristine condition. Decorate with great taste. Very spacious would be an understatement. It was huge. The pool was fantastic. A maid comes in the morning and cooks breakfast in the villa according to your choices. We found this really handy and great time saver.
Again you do not have around the clock room service and you do not get cocktails delivered to you in the pool. But we did not care for that anyway.
Only but was that we could have appreciated a bit more local guidance from the girl at reception. Did not get much in terms of recommendations for local restaurants when we requested it. Other than that, she was always helpful.
My wife and kids loved it. So did I. Great choice. It appears they have a number of villa complexes spread around Phuket all with same standard. I can only provide opinion on this one.
A final advise. Having your own means of transportation is a must. The villas are very close to the Laguna complex but you still you need your own wheels. We rented a car and we were relieved we had. Depending on taxis is difficult and expensive in Phuket. I forgot... we found the Bangtao beach one of the quietest and more beautiful beachs in Phuket.

Room Tip: rent a car or scooter. you will need it.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2012

The staff are friendly and I've no problem despite changing my schedule and number of pax many times. So far, I only encountered that the air-con in my room was noisy and there was a broken tile in the private pool that hurt my friend's foot. We informed the staff and they apologised to us.
For pictures, please refer here: http://aquariusstoria.blogspot.sg/2012/12/two-villa-holiday-phuket.html

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2012

If have spa, room service and house keeping at night will be much better! And as we would like to have BBQ in garden but because too many mosquito and no table outside, it's very inconvenience, and it made us cancel the BBQ, we hope you can improve in this point!

• Stayed November 2012
rotorua
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2012

We have stayed at Two villas oriental style on four different occassions now, and these villas are truly great value for money. From the private garden and ample size private swimmimg pool, to the in-villa maid cook's breakfast, this is truly a quiet little paradise. Good security, clean and modern decor, just a couple of minutes by car to the beaches, heaven! I would suggest you hire a car to get around, especially if you want to head into Patong, which is around 25 minutes away, wether your coming from Nai Harn, or Layan beaches where the villas are situated!!

Room Tip: Soi Naya villa on top of the hill is the best!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank soopabint
Hanoi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2012

My girlfriend and I have stayed at Two Villas on numerous occasions. It is always an amazing stay with excellent customer service. Their rooms are unbelievably priced-definitely the best for what they offer in all of Phuket (and I know because I've checked everywhere)! This is also one of the only villas I've stayed in where they will cook breakfast for you in your own villa- most others require you to eat at their restaurant on site. The only reason I gave a score of 4 for 'location' was because if you don't have your own transportation there is nothing really within walking distance. However I believe they do offer free shuttles to the beach and I'm sure they could arrange a taxi for you. Highly recommended! Enjoy :-)

• Stayed November 2011
Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2011

The villa is a simple modern villa, almost like one of those terraced houses you find in Singapore. We stayed in a 4 bedroom villa. The environment is quiet as the location is away from the beach.

It is suitable for people who wants to hang out together at the villa as the location is quite a distant from the beach or the main activities. You need transport to go anywhere and that will cost you. From the map, it look like it is very near Laguna; it is not. Neither is it 10 mins walk to Bang Tao Beach.

They provided breakfast, cooked at the villa. The taste was so so only.

There is "room service". You order from their menu and they buy it from one of the street stalls, bring it to your villa in the styrofoam packets and proceed to serve it with garnishes. It looks hotel standard, but when you actually have seen the food coming out of a styrofoam box and the receipt for the food (and realising that you paid triple), the well presented food was not that appetising anymore. We did it once and never again.

Despite the above, we enjoyed our stay. The service was pleasant. Also, primarily because it was meant for 4 siblings and family to hang out and enjoy each other company. That we indeed achieved.

Therefore, if you want to see more of Phuket beyond your villa, this is not the place. But if you are looking to just chill out in a modern villa with a private pool at your doorstep, then Two Villa Oxygen Style Bang Tao meets the criteria.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank LightofLife
Also consider these accommodations in or near Choeng Thale
The Residence Resort and Spa Retreat
Two Villas Holiday Oxygen Style Bangtao Beach
Two Villas Holiday Oxygen Style ...
#4 of 122 in Thalang District
Dusit Thani Laguna Phuket
Dusit Thani Laguna Phuket
#8 of 35 in Choeng Thale
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,573 reviews

Been to Two Villas Holiday, Oriental Style Layan Beach? Share your experiences!