“I'd definitely come back!”
Review of The Park Surin

The Park Surin
Ranked #4 of 31 Choeng Thale B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 2, 2010

We really enjoyed staying at this hotel! The room was spacious, clean and stylish. The hotel is for those who love quiet and calm rest apart from people and noisy life. The hotel has not many rooms so it is very cosy and no crowds walking around! The hotel will be great for those who rent a car and prefer travelling around. As there are no many shops and places of interest very close to the hotel. But this is its charm! I think it's ideal for families with children, for romantic couples and for those who can easily find entertainment by themselves. The hotel is greatly located between two bays. So you can choose where to swim and go sunbathing. The hotel personnel is great, extremely polite, always positive, smiling and always ready to help. Perfect cleaning! And special thanks to the restaurant staff! The only my recommendation: to include Internet fee in the apartment price and to make airport transfer a bit cheaper. As the airport is not very far from the hotel. Best regards to all the staff, good luck to them! Anna, Moscow

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
SusanSurinPark, General Manager at The Park Surin, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2010

Good afternoon Anna,

Thank you so much for your review it is much appreciated.

I am glad to hear that you had a great stay with us.

Regards to internet, perhaps one day we will include the internet in our rental, though it would result in an increase of rates.

We all look forward to seeing you both again soon.

Reviewed October 21, 2010

A weeks’ vacation with our 22 month old Leo. Pre-arranged a pickup at Phuket airport (700BH) - Childs seat included (connected the seatbelt ok) and a cot as well. Got there and realized we didn't really need the second room as sleeping in our room with the cot worked out fine. Paid the balance of the accommodation upfront which was unexpected, and there is a surcharge for credit cards so get Baht at the airport or ATM’s at the turnoff to Surin Beach first. We cooked a couple of times for Leo due to early rising, and familiar food (taxi to Tesco 500-600Bh round trip), but the Cafe food was top notch so many fried rice and pad thai were had (look out for the specials) and the service was good and not expensive (although added service charge for bringing it up). Good quiet location with pool and large balcony view (off season so like other places fairly empty making it nice and quiet). Just be prepared for a small walk up & down the hill to Surin beach (especially pushing a pram) or Bang Tao beach. Because of the location consider renting a car if you are planning trips to other areas as the fairly fixed rates for taxis are expensive in Phuket and almost the same as the day rates for the local rental down the road (and check about child seats). The room are superbly appointed just like the web pics) and include Microwave, Coffee Percolator, Toaster, but no kettle. Minor issues faced were a slight musty smell in room 203 (it was rainy season), the hot water in the shower not consistent and weak air-con in the bedrooms (but fine in the lounge). Overall the service was friendly and relaxed and we would highly recommend it as good value for larger families looking for a quiet location away from the hustle bustle of Patong.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
SusanSurinPark, Manager at The Park Surin, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2010

Hi,

Thank you so much for your review. It is much appreciated.

I will take a look at the smell in the apartment, thank you for letting me know. Also about the air-conditioning.

I am glad you enjoyed the cuisine at our restaurant.

We hope to see you again in the future, and to ensure you have a better stay with us.

Reviewed October 10, 2010

I stayed at Surin Park with 5 of my friends. We booked a 3 bedroom apartment.
The apartment was big and clean and quiet.

Overall we had a VERY NICE stay at Surin Park and I would certainly recommend it to others. However there are a bunch of small things that prevented it from being the BEST place for me.

- The staff made a couple of goof-ups, like checking us into a wrong room type. But this wasn't a big inconvenience.

- In general I think the management is too rigid about their rules.

For e.g. for the complimentary breakfast they will serve you scrambled eggs but if you want an omelet you need to pay for it (I guess 100 Baht). Sounded funny to me. And then they would close the breakfast service at 11:00 AM sharp, even if you order your eggs at 11:05, those come for extra cost.

Also, though they accepted credit cards for other things; for internet usage, we have to pay immediately and it can not be added to the room bill.

Such small things took the joy away of it being a perfect holiday place.

Nevertheless I would whole heatedly recommend Surin Park to the travelers. It's a great place and probably there is such thing as a perfect place!

On the plus side,
-Their rooms are spacious
- The kitchen is good enough to cook any type of meal.
- The daily room cleaning service is great.

Amol

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 25, 2010

I had unit 203 - a 2 bedroom, 2 bath unit for 20 days.

Surin Park has a great location, a 5 min. walk to Surin Beach, 15 min walk to Bang Tao, with plenty of restaurants in the area. The apartments are well furnished with comfy beds, a nice sofa, flat screen TVs (with tons of channels) and DVD player in the living room, etc.. the only thing lacking is a toaster oven or real oven in the kitchen area. The apartments are also well supplied with kitchen utensils, dinnerware, glassware, and nice fluffy bath towels, shower gel, shampoo, and conditioner.

The staff is very friendly, especially Otto, the Bar Manager, and the wonderful maids.

Breakfast is included and is a basic 2 eggs, toast or croissant, juice, tea or coffee type breakfast, you can apply your voucher toward an upgrade - or - you can apply a set amount toward dinner at the restaurant between specific hours the same day (nice touch). Their airport transfer is also reasonably priced, the same as what taxis in the area charge.

My one major problem with Surin Park - one that will keep me from returning - was they were unwilling to do any follow through about noise in the pool at early hours (before 9am). Almost all the balconies at this small complex overlook the pool, the 2/2 units have a master that opens onto the balcony and the walls of the units between along the balcony are retractable glass walls. The pool is located very close to the building on floor 1, so there is no buffer zone for noise, in fact the balcony above and the wall of the adjacent unit (204) which sits out further than 203 act to amplify and funnel the noise from the pool directly into the bedroom of 203. For most of my stay at Surin Park, I was awakened every morning by the same 2 very loud children (one a toddler, and one older and probably autistic judging by her loud moaning, yelling fits) playing, splashing, talking, yelling, screaming in the pool starting anywhere from 7:45am to 8:30am EVERY SINGLE MORNING for 2 weeks - even AFTER they were asked by management to wait until after 9am. Management was completely unwilling to do anything more than "ask them nicely" even though there were complaints AND the posted pool rules distinctly state no loud splashing or unncessary noise in the pool area. I was there to relax,
the last thing I want to do on holiday is wake up early (and that's early for me), let alone have that wake up call be screaching children. Managements handling of this situation was completely unacceptable.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo
SusanSurinPark, Owner at The Park Surin, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2010

Hi Lydia,

Thank you for your comments and in general a good review. Otherwise you seemed to love our place except for the noise. We are serviced apartments and therefore tend to get a lot of families with children and that was the case when you were here. We do remember very well your concern about the noise. However it did not bother anybody else maybe because they were families with children and they were there at the correct times when pool was open. It is really very hard to please everybody every time. I do hope though that you consider coming back and we’ll book you a room behind the building where the pool voices do not reach. What about that?

Cheers

Tero

Reviewed July 27, 2010

We have just returned to Australia after staying at Surin Park. We loved the aparments and our stay there as the staff are great, they cannot do enough to help you and the area is lovely. The apartments are very spacious and clean and the pool is great. We would highly recommend Surin Park to our relatives and friends as think it is great value for money. It was a pleasure to meet Mr Ot again this year as we had stayed at Karon Beach Rustic Villas last year, which is another wonderful place to stay. This is a great place to stay if you want to escape the chaos of Patong as it is very quite, but there are beaches, restaurants and shops nearby. We rented a small car which made getting around this area a lot easier as it is could be a little isolated without transport.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple

Good afternoon,

I can't believe I didn't come across your review. I'm sorry to thank you so late!!! Thank you so much for your review. I hope you both are doing well. And that the weather is nice there.

I'm glad to hear you had a great stay with us. We hope to see you soon.

Where are you planning to stay next when you visit? Karon Rustic Villas or Surin Park? :D

Reviewed July 22, 2010

Stayed 6 nights July 2010 4th floor 3 bedroom apartment. Staff just great, apartment spotless and well appointed, dining terrific value. Loved Surin Beach, easy enough to taxi to Patong when/ if mood took us, but ideal place to just blob out.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
SusanSurinPark, Manager at The Park Surin, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2010

Hi,

Thank you for your review sorry for the late response.

We are glad to hear that you had a fantastic holiday in Phuket at Surin Park.

We look forward to servicing you again soon.

Reviewed July 19, 2010

What a fantastic place to stay. We were 2 familys staying in 2 of the top floor apartments. The staff were excellent, the amenities were great and the food was awesome with great pricing (try the deep fried ice cream). I can't wait to take my family back next year with a new addition and have them spoiled by the staff at Surin Park. I only had 1 problem and that was the roof to spa was broken for the 1st week we were there and it rained heavily in the second week after it was fixed so we were unable to utilize it during our stay (maybe next year). Thanks again to all the staff and locals who made us feel very welcome and made it a thoroughly enjoyable stay in Phuket.

Regards
McLaren and Betley Families

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family

Hi McLaren family,

First of all thank you very much for your fantastic review. My sincere apologies for replying your review very slow. I have been busy running up and down bangkok and phuket.

My sincere apologies for the inconvenience during your stay, perhaps next time when you come to phuket you can retry our deluxe 2 bedroom penthouse and try the jacuzzi. Try to come before June as it is not as rainy.

We glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Surin Park and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

susan