“Fantastic apartments - Surin Beach”
Review of The Park Surin

The Park Surin
Ranked #3 of 28 Choeng Thale B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 26, 2013

We have rented a few apartments, and each time they have been clean, modern and well appointed. Cleaning is daily and is thorough. Having had both the 3 bed-roomed and also a top floor / roof apartment, they have spacious outdoor living areas and are ideal for preparing home meals or a BBQ on the roof if you do not wish to go out. Excellent views and a nice, but small swimming pool. The staff are great at organizing trips to sightseeing locations and arranging transport.

The beach is a few minutes away, with various options to hire beach loungers.. we usually chose Audy's.. good cheapish meals there as well.

We will be back again !

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Sarah M
SusanSurinPark, General Manager at The Park Surin, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2013

Good afternoon Sarah,

Thank you so very much for taking the time to right us a review once more. :D

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and our apartments once more. :D

We can't wait to welcome you all back.

There are newer reviews for The Park Surin

Reviewed August 24, 2013

Good location, good value and great friendly staff. Very relaxed, laid back atmosphere. Don't expect 5 star service, but rather traditional Thai service. Perhaps not for everyone,but we really enjoyed it. Rooms are a little dated but still good value and very comfortable.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Sean H

Good afternoon Sean :D

How are you? Hope that weather back home is lovely and just the way you like it to be.

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

My family have just returned from a month spent at Surin Park. We found the apartment to be comfortable, clean and well decorated. We had a 2 bedroom apartment both with en-suite bathrooms. The view was wonderful over the valley, green and lush. The walks to both Surin and Bangtao beaches were easy for all of us to manage and there are plenty of restaurants to choose from going both ways. the food at Surin Park was great too. The pool was wonderful and the gym sufficient. We had a wonderful stay and would highly recommend it if you are looking for a peaceful beach holiday!

2  Thank Shirley G
SusanSurinPark, General Manager at The Park Surin, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2013

Good morning Shirley!!

How are you?

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review. Much Appreciated.

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our apartments and its facility.

I do hope to see you all again in the near future.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

Surin Park is a combination between a hotel and an appartment. Cleaning is every day and there is a very decent room service. We can recommend the 2 or 3 bedroom appartments with a view on the valley. Some rooms do not have a view and we changed rooms because the balconies are great and the views as well. I think that the rooms without a view should get a discount. Inside the appartments are great. Big tiles on the floor, doors to the balcony slide open from left to right so the complete room becomes one with the balcony. The finishing of the appartment is high level.
The pool is very nice. The location is also good. two beaches are on walking distance including around 4-8 restaurants and shops. Do realize that Phuket is a big island and distance are quite long compared to other islands in Thailand.
Susan the manager speaks very well English and is very kind. The rest of the staff is also very kind but their level of English is very limited

Room Tip: view on the valley (pool side)
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
SusanSurinPark, General Manager at The Park Surin, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2013

Good afternoon Jan,

How have you been? How is the weather there?

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us such a long and lovely review. I enjoyed reading it very much :D

I am glad that you enjoyed the upgrade of apartments. Thank you so much for the compliments of the interior of the apartment as well as the layouts.

Indeed Phuket is a big island, I would have to agree to that as from North tip to the south tip would take you an hour and a half ride by car.

Thank you for your comments to my english. I am glad I could help.

I hope to see you very soon.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

we were with our two children here for 2 weeks, it is a very nice and quiet place to spend with your family, not a lot of rooms for us it was perfect. We had a 3 room appartment and with the weather in rainy season it is nice to have such a big appartment spending time there and enjoy the great view, in this period also having the swimmingpool is great. Nearby you can find good restaurants and 2 beaches, but food in the hotel was also very good. All of the staff in the bar speak english. The cleaning was a bit overdone, like every day all the sheets and towels were changed, for my opininion not necessary. And it was a pitty that nobody sit at the bar in the evening!

Room Tip: we were on front view with 3 room appartment with bubblebath on balcony.

Good afternoon!!! :D

How are you? Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review, much appreciated. I really can't thank you enough at all.

I am truly sorry for the inconvenience of the closure of the pool at a sudden notice.

I am glad that you enjoyed our apartments, the view and the weather in Phuket in general.
I am glad that you our cleaners are doing well with the cleaning and I will check with our maids about changing linens. Thank you so very much for letting me know.

I do hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

I've been to Phuket a few times and this is the first time I've stayed in Surin. We wanted a relaxing vacation away from all the distraction in Patong. Mission accomplished. We stayed an entire week here. I'll break down my comments as follows.

1)Value: We booked directly through the owner on Air bnb and got an unbelievable deal. It's better than anything I've seen from the hotel sites.

2) Room: Clean, nicely decorated, and large. It had the necessary pans for cooking and dishes/utensils for eating, but lacked any basic condiments (not sure if I expected it). The air conditioning units were powerful and the wireless internet was really fast. Bathroom sink and shower were a bit clogged, but not enough for me to take it down a rating.

3) Food: Food was good, no complaints. For apartments, they still provide in-room dining, which is something I didn't expect. No extra charge for room service from the restaurant. A definite plus.

4) Facilities: Gym had at least the basics and pool was beautiful.

5) Staff: Attentive and very friendly. For example, last night, when we went down to the restaurant, the staff went to lengths to make sure that we had the right lighting and fan speed above our table (we didn't complain about it in the first place).

6) Location: Good if you want slow and quiet. Surin is a bit away from the main areas, but that's the point. The apartments aren't too far from the two beaches and there are a handful of good/decent restaurants nearby in walking distance.

7) Other: Make sure you bring your drivers license so you can rent a scooter to get around. It's only 300 baht for an entire day. The taxi drivers will gouge you to go a short distance. The woman at the rental warned us that if we don't have a license, we're more than likely to get ticketed by the police on main roads.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank EllieBoJellie
SusanSurinPark, General Manager at The Park Surin, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2013

Good afternoon!!! :D

I must say it was a pleasure to read your review. Thank you so very much for writing us such a long descriptive review, I really can't thank you enough.

I am truly glad to hear that you enjoyed our apartments and our services.

And very happy to hear that you enjoyed our cuisine here at our restaurant.

We do our best to make sure you are relaxed and enjoying your holiday ^.^

Hope to see you again soon in the near future.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

The apartments are clean and generally well equipped. The lower ones have no views, just the adjacent walls and other balconies, which came as a bit of a surprise.
Language and communication with the staff can be a problem. You may not get your breakfast or what you ordered! Likewise our taxi went missing making us run for a planned activity.

Overall a good location, clean apartments and can be viewed as a good budget holiday experience

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
SusanSurinPark, General Manager at The Park Surin, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

Good morning,

I am truly sorry to hear that the taxi went missing, if you could please let me know your name so I can check with my staff what went wrong and make sure it does not happen again.

If you could also please describe the waiter who took your breakfast order so I can assure it does not happen again.

Best REgards,

Also consider these accommodations in or near Choeng Thale
Novotel Phuket Surin Beach Resort.
MANATHAI Surin Phuket
Novotel Phuket Kamala Beach
The Surin Phuket
The Surin Phuket
#3 of 36 in Choeng Thale

Been to The Park Surin? Share your experiences!