“Excellent place”

Ranked #4 of 27 Choeng Thale B&B and Inns
Amsterdam
“Excellent place”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Surin Park is a combination between a hotel and an appartment. Cleaning is every day and there is a very decent room service. We can recommend the 2 or 3 bedroom appartments with a view on the valley. Some rooms do not have a view and we changed rooms because the balconies are great and the views as well. I think that the rooms without a view should get a discount. Inside the appartments are great. Big tiles on the floor, doors to the balcony slide open from left to right so the complete room becomes one with the balcony. The finishing of the appartment is high level.
The pool is very nice. The location is also good. two beaches are on walking distance including around 4-8 restaurants and shops. Do realize that Phuket is a big island and distance are quite long compared to other islands in Thailand.
Susan the manager speaks very well English and is very kind. The rest of the staff is also very kind but their level of English is very limited

Room Tip: view on the valley (pool side)
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
SusanSurinPark, General Manager at The Park Surin, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Good afternoon Jan,

How have you been? How is the weather there?

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us such a long and lovely review. I enjoyed reading it very much :D

I am glad that you enjoyed the upgrade of apartments. Thank you so much for the compliments of the interior of the apartment as well as the layouts.

Indeed Phuket is a big island, I would have to agree to that as from North tip to the south tip would take you an hour and a half ride by car.

Thank you for your comments to my english. I am glad I could help.

I hope to see you very soon.

Susan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Bergen op Zoom, The Netherlands
Reviewed August 7, 2013

we were with our two children here for 2 weeks, it is a very nice and quiet place to spend with your family, not a lot of rooms for us it was perfect. We had a 3 room appartment and with the weather in rainy season it is nice to have such a big appartment spending time there and enjoy the great view, in this period also having the swimmingpool is great. Nearby you can find good restaurants and 2 beaches, but food in the hotel was also very good. All of the staff in the bar speak english. The cleaning was a bit overdone, like every day all the sheets and towels were changed, for my opininion not necessary. And it was a pitty that nobody sit at the bar in the evening!

Room Tip: we were on front view with 3 room appartment with bubblebath on balcony.
Good afternoon!!! :D

How are you? Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review, much appreciated. I really can't thank you enough at all.

I am truly sorry for the inconvenience of the closure of the pool at a sudden notice.

I am glad that you enjoyed our apartments, the view and the weather in Phuket in general.
I am glad that you our cleaners are doing well with the cleaning and I will check with our maids about changing linens. Thank you so very much for letting me know.

I do hope to see you again in the near future.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I've been to Phuket a few times and this is the first time I've stayed in Surin. We wanted a relaxing vacation away from all the distraction in Patong. Mission accomplished. We stayed an entire week here. I'll break down my comments as follows.

1)Value: We booked directly through the owner on Air bnb and got an unbelievable deal. It's better than anything I've seen from the hotel sites.

2) Room: Clean, nicely decorated, and large. It had the necessary pans for cooking and dishes/utensils for eating, but lacked any basic condiments (not sure if I expected it). The air conditioning units were powerful and the wireless internet was really fast. Bathroom sink and shower were a bit clogged, but not enough for me to take it down a rating.

3) Food: Food was good, no complaints. For apartments, they still provide in-room dining, which is something I didn't expect. No extra charge for room service from the restaurant. A definite plus.

4) Facilities: Gym had at least the basics and pool was beautiful.

5) Staff: Attentive and very friendly. For example, last night, when we went down to the restaurant, the staff went to lengths to make sure that we had the right lighting and fan speed above our table (we didn't complain about it in the first place).

6) Location: Good if you want slow and quiet. Surin is a bit away from the main areas, but that's the point. The apartments aren't too far from the two beaches and there are a handful of good/decent restaurants nearby in walking distance.

7) Other: Make sure you bring your drivers license so you can rent a scooter to get around. It's only 300 baht for an entire day. The taxi drivers will gouge you to go a short distance. The woman at the rental warned us that if we don't have a license, we're more than likely to get ticketed by the police on main roads.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank EllieBoJellie
SusanSurinPark, General Manager at The Park Surin, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Good afternoon!!! :D

I must say it was a pleasure to read your review. Thank you so very much for writing us such a long descriptive review, I really can't thank you enough.

I am truly glad to hear that you enjoyed our apartments and our services.

And very happy to hear that you enjoyed our cuisine here at our restaurant.

We do our best to make sure you are relaxed and enjoying your holiday ^.^

Hope to see you again soon in the near future.

Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed July 14, 2013

The apartments are clean and generally well equipped. The lower ones have no views, just the adjacent walls and other balconies, which came as a bit of a surprise.
Language and communication with the staff can be a problem. You may not get your breakfast or what you ordered! Likewise our taxi went missing making us run for a planned activity.

Overall a good location, clean apartments and can be viewed as a good budget holiday experience

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
SusanSurinPark, General Manager at The Park Surin, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Good morning,

I am truly sorry to hear that the taxi went missing, if you could please let me know your name so I can check with my staff what went wrong and make sure it does not happen again.

If you could also please describe the waiter who took your breakfast order so I can assure it does not happen again.

Best REgards,

Sunshine coast
Reviewed June 29, 2013

This is a great place to spend a few days, we hired a motorbike and could be on either Surin or Bang tao beach wihin 5 minutes or restaurants and bars within 2 minutes.
The apartments themselves are large, clean and due to the hotels position very quiet at night.
I would recommend this hotel/apartment to anyone looking for a quiet stay away from the kaos of Patong.

Room Tip: We stayed on the ground floor in room 102, balcony area has direct access to pool enclosure which wa...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
SusanSurinPark, General Manager at The Park Surin, responded to this review, June 30, 2013
Good morning Paul,

Thank you so very much for taking the time to write us a review. Much appreciated :D

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us here in Phuket and hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

Had two weeks here - intended to do several day trips around the islands but spent the whole time chilling by the pool. Very nice stylish apartment,good food and lovely staff. The hotel is in a quiet position a short walk from two beaches and lots of restaurants to choose from. Our friends all want to come back with us!

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
SusanSurinPark, General Manager at The Park Surin, responded to this review, June 16, 2013
Good morning,

Thank you so very much for writing us a review.

I am glad that you enjoyed our accommodation and services here at Surin Park.

We can't wait to welcome you back to Phuket and to Surin Park.

Do stay in touch.

Bloemfontein, South Africa
Reviewed June 11, 2013

We recently stayed in Surin Park for a week and can attest to the experiences of others here that Surin Park delivers excellent service. The apartments are spacious and very well equipped. The property is slightly of the beaten track which means that it is quiet without being totally secluded. If you want the madness of the club scene, by all means go to Patong. If you wish to relax and enjoy your holiday, this is a good choice.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
SusanSurinPark, General Manager at The Park Surin, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Good afternoon Johan,

Thank you so much for the review.

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us here in Phuket and we can't wait to welcome you back.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Choeng Thale
MANATHAI Surin Phuket
MANATHAI Surin Phuket
#12 of 34 in Choeng Thale
Novotel Phuket Surin Beach Resort.
The Chava Resort
#3 of 34 in Choeng Thale
Surin Beach Resort
Surin Beach Resort
#16 of 34 in Choeng Thale

Been to The Park Surin? Share your experiences!