“A superb value for a nice and quiet beach vacation”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Park Surin

The Park Surin
Ranked #3 of 27 Choeng Thale B&B and Inns
Chicago, Illinois
“A superb value for a nice and quiet beach vacation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

I've been to Phuket a few times and this is the first time I've stayed in Surin. We wanted a relaxing vacation away from all the distraction in Patong. Mission accomplished. We stayed an entire week here. I'll break down my comments as follows.

1)Value: We booked directly through the owner on Air bnb and got an unbelievable deal. It's better than anything I've seen from the hotel sites.

2) Room: Clean, nicely decorated, and large. It had the necessary pans for cooking and dishes/utensils for eating, but lacked any basic condiments (not sure if I expected it). The air conditioning units were powerful and the wireless internet was really fast. Bathroom sink and shower were a bit clogged, but not enough for me to take it down a rating.

3) Food: Food was good, no complaints. For apartments, they still provide in-room dining, which is something I didn't expect. No extra charge for room service from the restaurant. A definite plus.

4) Facilities: Gym had at least the basics and pool was beautiful.

5) Staff: Attentive and very friendly. For example, last night, when we went down to the restaurant, the staff went to lengths to make sure that we had the right lighting and fan speed above our table (we didn't complain about it in the first place).

6) Location: Good if you want slow and quiet. Surin is a bit away from the main areas, but that's the point. The apartments aren't too far from the two beaches and there are a handful of good/decent restaurants nearby in walking distance.

7) Other: Make sure you bring your drivers license so you can rent a scooter to get around. It's only 300 baht for an entire day. The taxi drivers will gouge you to go a short distance. The woman at the rental warned us that if we don't have a license, we're more than likely to get ticketed by the police on main roads.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank EllieBoJellie
SusanSurinPark, General Manager at The Park Surin, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Good afternoon!!! :D

I must say it was a pleasure to read your review. Thank you so very much for writing us such a long descriptive review, I really can't thank you enough.

I am truly glad to hear that you enjoyed our apartments and our services.

And very happy to hear that you enjoyed our cuisine here at our restaurant.

We do our best to make sure you are relaxed and enjoying your holiday ^.^

Hope to see you again soon in the near future.

Susan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Adelaide, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

The apartments are clean and generally well equipped. The lower ones have no views, just the adjacent walls and other balconies, which came as a bit of a surprise.
Language and communication with the staff can be a problem. You may not get your breakfast or what you ordered! Likewise our taxi went missing making us run for a planned activity.

Overall a good location, clean apartments and can be viewed as a good budget holiday experience

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
SusanSurinPark, General Manager at The Park Surin, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Good morning,

I am truly sorry to hear that the taxi went missing, if you could please let me know your name so I can check with my staff what went wrong and make sure it does not happen again.

If you could also please describe the waiter who took your breakfast order so I can assure it does not happen again.

Best REgards,

Sunshine coast
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013

This is a great place to spend a few days, we hired a motorbike and could be on either Surin or Bang tao beach wihin 5 minutes or restaurants and bars within 2 minutes.
The apartments themselves are large, clean and due to the hotels position very quiet at night.
I would recommend this hotel/apartment to anyone looking for a quiet stay away from the kaos of Patong.

Room Tip: We stayed on the ground floor in room 102, balcony area has direct access to pool enclosure which wa...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
SusanSurinPark, General Manager at The Park Surin, responded to this review, June 30, 2013
Good morning Paul,

Thank you so very much for taking the time to write us a review. Much appreciated :D

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us here in Phuket and hope to see you again in the near future.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

Had two weeks here - intended to do several day trips around the islands but spent the whole time chilling by the pool. Very nice stylish apartment,good food and lovely staff. The hotel is in a quiet position a short walk from two beaches and lots of restaurants to choose from. Our friends all want to come back with us!

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
SusanSurinPark, General Manager at The Park Surin, responded to this review, June 16, 2013
Good morning,

Thank you so very much for writing us a review.

I am glad that you enjoyed our accommodation and services here at Surin Park.

We can't wait to welcome you back to Phuket and to Surin Park.

Do stay in touch.

Best Wishes,

Bloemfontein, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

We recently stayed in Surin Park for a week and can attest to the experiences of others here that Surin Park delivers excellent service. The apartments are spacious and very well equipped. The property is slightly of the beaten track which means that it is quiet without being totally secluded. If you want the madness of the club scene, by all means go to Patong. If you wish to relax and enjoy your holiday, this is a good choice.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
SusanSurinPark, General Manager at The Park Surin, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Good afternoon Johan,

Thank you so much for the review.

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us here in Phuket and we can't wait to welcome you back.

Best Wishes,

Rosebud, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

My wife and I stayed at Surin Park for a week in Mid May. Unfortunately they had our arrival time incorrect and we were stranded at the airport for an hour and a half getting hassled by taxi drivers (anyone that has been there could sympathise).
We were picked up by a very nice young man who took us to our accommodation.
On arrival we were checked in and shown to our room by Yudee, who was lovely during our whole stay. I must say there was a real Wow factor when we walked into the room. It was very spacious and well laid out, but the views of the mountains opposite and pool area were fantastic. We had a pool access unit, which is definitely worth the small extra cost. It was very convenient to be able to walk down just a few steps to the pool deck (although I imagine it could be quite noisy during the busy season).
We had a few minor maintenance issues but they were fixed very promptly and the staff were very friendly and smiling.
We ate virtually every day at the on site restaurant, and as we were just about the only ones there, had the best seat in the house and very efficient service. The food was very good and had variety. A very special thanks to Bao and Keah for their big smiles every day. What they lacked in translation (not their fault as we were in their country!) they more than made up for.
Thanks to the housemaids for making up our room each day. They made sure they did not impact on our holiday, even though we were around a lot.
Suzanne is a lovely host and we thank her for her courtesy and especially the "paper lantern" ceremony (certainly worth the 60 baht!).
My only suggestion to Suzanne and Yudee would be to get out of the office a bit more. It can be quite hard getting attention from the counter.
Surin Beach itself is quite nice. The sand is lovely and you don't get assled too much. It is only about a 10 minute walk from the apartments.
Overall we had a fantastic time at Surin Park. The atmosphere is very good and we would recommend it to others.

Room Tip: if you are going during the quite season, definitely upgrade to a pool access room.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Good evening!!!

Thank you so very much for the lovely long review.

My sincere apologies for the issue with the airport transfer.....

I am glad that the driver was nice and that the check in procedure was smooth.
Also very glad to hear that our apartment was a wow factor for you :D

I am glad you enjoyed our restaurant and cuisine along with the service we provide.

You are most welcome. I am glad I was able to assist you even if it is in the slightest bit. NExt time make sure you come during November where the sky is filled with the lanterns.

Good news for you is that we have moved the office now and it is at the restaurant bar, so we see every guests immediately ^.^

Will wait for your return.

Moscow
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

As they say, there are always two opinions: the conventional one and the one of a lady. The conventional opinion is correct & comprehensible, but the lady's one is more interesting. Yet, to the place like this there can't be two opinions, and I completely agree with my brother - Surin Park is... simply gorgeous! As soon as you make it there you start feeling yourself like home. Same friendly staff, magnificent view to hills and Bang Tao beach or coconut palms, tasty tiny pancakes on breakfast and, certainly, dearest second-to-none Susan.
Thank you so much Surin Park for meeting us not as guests, but as haven't-seen-for-ages-relatives

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
SusanSurinPark, General Manager at The Park Surin, responded to this review, June 2, 2013
Good afternoon Irina!!!!

How are you? I heard about the flight back home, I hope you are ok and it wasn't too scary.
Thank you, thank you, thank you for the review. :D

I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us again this year and I can't wait to see you again soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Choeng Thale
MANATHAI Surin Phuket
MANATHAI Surin Phuket
#15 of 34 in Choeng Thale
Novotel Phuket Surin Beach Resort.
The Chava Resort
The Surin Phuket
The Surin Phuket
#2 of 34 in Choeng Thale
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,775 reviews

Been to The Park Surin? Share your experiences!