“Try the fish taco's”
Review of Taste Bar & Grill

Taste Bar & Grill
Ranked #5 of 165 Restaurants in Choeng Thale
Good for: Scenic view, Romantic, Large groups, Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Taste Restaurant in Surin Beach has been closed as a part of the Thai governments initiative to clear public land of commercial business. We have moved to our new location 5 minutes away adjacent to Tesco and McDss in Bangtao/Choeng Thale. Open everyday lunch and dinner. Welcome.
Reading
“Try the fish taco's”
Reviewed January 15, 2014

The food is exceptionally good and when you taste it... you can see the ingredients are all fresh and cooked delicately. The fusion with the food is great, the only things I had is sea food and no regrets with the taste.
The ambiance is mediocre compared to other places there but you can definitely visit this place for food... If I had a chance I would have visited second time! The price is on the expensive side... but as they say quality is always expensive!

Visited December 2013

• Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Melbourne, Aust
“Great Taste”
Reviewed January 11, 2014

We had a really wonderful meal here. The device was a little disappointing (our mains seemed to be forgotten for a time) though made up for with a free round of drinks! This place is not cheap by Phuket standards but the food is very good and worth the price. We'd highly recommend Taste.

Visited January 2014
london
“definately the best restaurnat on surin beach”
Reviewed January 10, 2014

always reliable - best ribs I have ever had (hence I ticked the best meal button) - im not the biggest ribs fan (so why did I choose them you ask and I don't know !!) but they were really good - the meat was beautifully tender but what did it for me what that the sauce ws really lovely - not that glubby overly rich thick BBQ sauce which I HATE (hence I don't have ribs often) but this was a proper home made well seasoned tasty but not cloying sauce - so good in fact I had them twice.If I were at surin for one night only - so could only pick one restaurant it would have to be this ... that said if you are there for 2 weeks (as we were) you try others too and some of those were good in different ways ... so don't dismiss the others

• Visited December 2013
Brisbane, Australia
“okay for the area”
Reviewed January 10, 2014

We dined at this restaurant as a family of 5.

This restaurant is located in the sand on Surin Beach. The position it's located in was fairly average. I found it disappointing that the ocean views that this restaurant potentially has on offer have been blocked off in order to separate this restaurant from the Seafood restaurant next door.

The food here was nice, very different from your usual Thai, but we enjoyed our meals, they were lovely.

The service was slow and unattentive. Every time we needed something we had to get up & go over & ask a staff member. The night we were there it wasn't particularly busy so this was annoying. There were 5 or so staff just lingering around near the entry/exit.

What we found nice about this restaurant is when we were ready to leave the staff had gifts for the kids, which was sweet.

• Visited December 2013
Mandarava, Owner at Taste Bar & Grill, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
First of all dear user, you make it sound like we chose to block off our own sea view to "separate" from the restaurant directly in front. Honestly....I find that a very bizarre interpretation of a very obvious situation. It is like being blamed for putting up hedges at your neighbors house to block your own view.
Anyway, we try hard to create a romantic atmosphere with what we have regardless of our neighbors. Would we want an unobstructed view of the ocean - of course but since that doesn't happen in high season we have to rely on restaurant basics.
-The food which you liked. All cooked fresh on order with the best sourced ingredients that I have found in my 7 years of searching.
-Service that seamed to take good care of your children - good. Inattentive - not good and will of course be addressed.
Not busy when you were there? I mean what is this? This review is just so strange. We have been fully booked every night for over a month. (very grateful for that) It is also starting to wear on us therefore we are closing on Mondays again starting on the 13th.
So to summarize, what has this review accomplished? Positive - it will give us a chance to go over the basics of awareness with the service staff. Negative - it shows us that we can be criticized for matters that are completely out of our control.

Life goes on. Glad you liked the food.

Martin the chef

PS As a proud parent, if I went to a busy restaurant and the service staff would miss a few visual queues the restaurant would certainly win me over with presents for my kids. Especially if the food is good. Hey, that's only me.
Tauranga, New Zealand
“Great dining experience”
Reviewed January 3, 2014

We dined in this restaurant last night. There was a new moon, we had sand between our toes and we were nestled in among the trees in a relatively quiet area of Surin Beach. The staff provided the best service we've experienced in Thailand, especially in the Phuket area, where some hotels, restaurants and shops seem to pay little attention to customer service. Our order was taken promptly and we had an excellent dining experience - a warm goat's cheese salad as a shared entree, followed by grilled barramundi with steamed vegetables and panko crumbed fish with chips and a salad. Fine dining on the beach. We may just return for a second taste treat and a fine dining experience by the beach. Book in advance. This place is popular.

• Visited January 2014