- the rooms ("Grand Deluxe") are very spacious and decorated in the most delicious taste in a fresh, modern and sober style. Many more expensive hotels are not that classy.
- Big bathroom (no enough light but that's most hotels for some reason). Big balcony (but no table and only one chair).
- the staff is extremely friendly and helpful
- breakfast is no better or worse than everywhere in Thailand (go to Vietnam for real good breakfasts with crunchy bread, real coffe and French cheese).
- the swimming pool is chaming and big enough. Two showers and clean toilets next to the pool. Plenty of beds and plenty of shadow for everybody. Not the type of hotel where you have to wake up at 7:00am to put your towel on one of the sunbeds so you're sure to have one for the day. Many flies and Russian tourists unfortunately, but apparently it's the same everywhere on Phuket island. Try Samui or Ko Panghan if you want to avoid these 2 curses.
- enough programs on television
- good location 30m off the main street, 5 minutes from the beach and the restaurants
The only negative is that Surintra Hotel ask 100% payment in advance and NO REFUND POSSIBLE (reservation was made through Booking.com). Now I think this is a bit aggressve and unfriendly. It's also contrary to the common practice in the catering industry. You can always break a leg or have somebody die in your family. Why would you have to leave 100% of the price on the table (in my case 385€ for 7 days) ? It just makes you a bit nervous for a few weeks (or it makes you choose another hotel, which I almost did).
Anyway, I wish I could find a hotel like this everywhere I travel, and at that price (2.460 THB =55€ per night for a Grand Deluxe room incl. breakfast in March 2014).
Thank you Surintra !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surintra is a chic modern and at charming Phuket boutique resort Surin beach Phuket. Intimate, serene and relaxing hotel resort on Surin beach. Surintra is an oasis of calm and tranquility on Phuket most popular Surin beach. Surrounded by tropical trees quaint shopping Surin beach road and set around a service of garden courtyards Surintra is the perfect base for exploring Surin beach, Phuket and beyond. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Agoda, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your Surintra reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Surintra Hotel Thalang
- Surintra Phuket, Thailand