“A Gem in Phuket”
Review of Siam Supper Club

Siam Supper Club
Ranked #2 of 165 Restaurants in Choeng Thale
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Grill, European, Asian, Soups
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: When you cant deal with another chili...We'll be there, and when maybe, just maybe, you could massacre a great martini...Then we've got your back and when your craving for a great red...Then come to papa!!
Singapore, Singapore
“A Gem in Phuket”
Reviewed July 11, 2014

We have been visiting Phuket for 14 years and in all that time the Siam Supper Club in Cherngtalay, near Laguna has remained a firm favourite. The decor and ambiance would not be out of place in any city around the world and yet the atmosphere is relaxed and Phuket pleasant.
The menu is good with western and Thai selections. I love the Diavola pizza (with extra chilli cooked on top) or if wanting something more then the spare ribs are great. My wife loves their burger with all the trimmings.
The wine list is first class and although you can spend a lot you can find great wines at reasonable prices.
The bar staff are fantastic. It is almost obligatory to try a cocktail. My favourite is the Passionfruit Margarita.
The decor includes a wonderful collection of black and white photos of past stars and Seam Powers, the owner can tell the stories behind them; a young Sophia Loren looking jealously at Jane Mansfield's breasts is great.
For a special occasion or a reliably good experience the Siam Supper Club is a gem.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Singapore, Singapore
“Glad to be back!”
Reviewed July 9, 2014

Having dined here 5 times during past business trips, I was eager to return and introduce this restaurant to my partner during our HOLIDAY!
We were having 2nd thoughts as staying in Kamala meant a long drive here but was soooo glad that we still came by for our last dinner in Phuket.
Upon arrival into restaurant, Sean (business owner) greeted us warmly. I requested to for a table by the window and Sean joked that there isn’t much of a view :).
We started off with the crab cakes (LOVE IT) and the onion soup. Both of us had steak, me tenderloin and him strip loin (if I recall correctly). I requested for medium rare and it was too rare (than usual) for my liking. Requested to the server to have the chef cook it slightly more– no fuss on this request from their end. While having our food, we notice more customers coming in and Sean did the greeting and chatting with each customer. Couple of regulars too we notice. We were so stuffed that we didn't have space for desserts :(

When we left the restaurant, Sean ran out and apologized that he didn't managed to chat with us. We were really shocked that he even made it a point to come after us and thank our visit.

Comfortable restaurant, good selection of alcohol and cocktail, awesome food! Service from servers were good but nothing to shout about. Will definitely dine here AGAIN if I am back to Phuket!

London, United Kingdom
“Great food, great atmosphere”
Reviewed July 8, 2014

We went to this restaurant twice during our one week trip to Phuket in June. The restaurant serves a short menu of both international and Thai dishes, all the dishes are done well. We much prefer this than a long menu made up of handful of nice dishes and other mediocre dishes. The atmosphere is also great, friendly owner Sean goes arond and chat to diners and make them feel comfortable and entertained. I normally don't like chatting with restaurant staff at dinner but he seems to take a genuine interest in your feedback and is a very entertaining charater.

An added plus - the price is very reasonable too! They also have a great wine selection.

• Visited June 2014
Melbourne, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Siam Supper club revisited”
Reviewed July 8, 2014

I felt compelled to write another review after my visit last week,( the previous one and my last visit to Phuket was was almost two years ago ). This was for many reasons; firstly I was delighted to find that little had changed and it is an amazing testimony to Sean and his wonderful staff that the quality of ambiance, food and service remain at exceptionally high levels.
The little changes I did notice were clearly the result of Sean's obsessive devotion to his restaurant, larger more opulent wine glasses to match one of the best wine lists and glass fronted wine cellars I have ever seen, impecable lighting of the amazing photographs and back lit bar. I have thought hard to try and fathom why this restaurant seems so intimate and unique and also why it is seemingly impervious to trends and consistently, as far as I can tell, the busiest restaurant in the area. Here's what I came up with: Sean is ever present and made everyone I observed feel special. The staff were incredibly friendly and professional and my wife and I recognised almost all of them from our last visit. This is an establishment not merely frequented by tourists but largely by loyal local residents. There is a mischievous and slightly decadent feel to the restaurant with a retro opulence which encourages patrons of all ages and at varying degrees of formality to feel equally at home whether celebrating a birthday with champagne and lobster or just popping in for a pizza.
The food is rich and comforting. During my total of 3 weeks in Phuket I have probably eaten at the Siam Supper Clubs 5 or 6 times and my experience has been of moist tender steaks, amazing ribs, piping hot creamy bacony Carbonara and a rich chocolate pot for dessert.
I love this place so much, it has become a focal point of our holidays in Phuket and we will be visiting again soon, thanks again Sean and team

1 Thank Danny G
Melbourne, Australia
“OK food, heard it was good.”
Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

We were recommended by tripadvisor and someone who had been there recently. It had a nice atmosphere, done in the dimmed lighting like in a New York Grill.
We were welcomed by the staff when we got there, the owner came and welcomed everyone. Staff was efficient. Orders were taken quite quickly. I had the mussels and clams in a tomato based sauce with bread, nice decent serve.. And tasty too. Others at the table had the goat cheese entree and seafood/prawn cocktail. For mains, we had BBQ ribs and truffle roasted honey chicken. Pork ribs were nice but we have had better ones in New Zealand and New York. Apparently the chicken dish was nicer. We also shared a lemon and passion fruit sorbets to freshen the palette.

Monday night, they had jazz music playing which was very entertaining.

One word of advice ... Enjoy and soak in the atmosphere, order the entree first.... Have some cocktails... When ready, order the mains. This way you are not rushed through dinner.