Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Third time unlucky you might wonder. The Chava couldnt possibly provide us with three faultless holidays, could it? Actually, yes. Wonderful as ever in every way. Apartments are huge and beautifully appointed. Ideal for families. The service is not only impeccable but delivered with smiles at all times. The food at both breakfast, lunch and dinner is superb - a particular feat when you consider that the chefs work their magic in a tiny space behind the bar. We ate some of the best Thai food we have eaten via room service would you believe! We also spent a charming evening by the pool on Christmas Eve for a special dinner which was pretty good (tiny thing would be that several of the dishes were a little too adult for our 4 year old). It feels like a second home to us and we will have to force ourselves to explore other places before we go back. Looks like we struck gold too early in our forays into family holidays in thailand and even south east Asia. So far, nothing compares! Kabkoon ka to all the staff for making our Christmas a memorable one. Oh and quick note for Larry - still waiting for my rice soup at breakfast, hangover or not!

Date of stay: December 2012
2  Thank snowytrigger
Larry C, General Manager at The Chava Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2013

To get such a wonderful review from a Senior Contributor is awesome. Thanks so much for writing again;we never tire of such comments and we never tire of welcoming you to The Chava Resort. I am so sorry about forgetting the rice soup! My staff have been paying out on me unmercifully. Next trip I will don the apron and personally serve you but no photos okay! Thanks again guys!

Reviewed December 2, 2012

We just returned from a wonderful holiday at the Chava, Surin Beach. Couldn't speak more highly of this resort, the staff were friendly and service was exceptional. The resort was immaculately clean and catered to all our needs. Nothin was ever too much trouble. Can't wait to return to the Chava.

Room tip: We stayed in the Deluxe 2 bedroom apratments, exceptionally spacious and comfortable.
2  Thank mandyS2012
Larry C, General Manager at The Chava Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2012

Hi Mandy! I really appreciate the fact that guests take the time to write of their experiences at The Chava. The high percentage of return guests is probably our greatest advert but every time we receive a review we are thrilled. Thanks a lot Mandy and we look forward to welcoming you again very soon.

Reviewed November 28, 2012

this is my first time ever reviewing something. I'm doing this because everything I read in the reviews was all great information. we live in Sydney and the Jet Star flt. was on time and easy. I would strongly advise getting the Chava to collect you from the airport on arrival avoiding the rush. We stayed my wife and 2 kids 4 and 2 for a week and every morning the breakfast and swim in the pool was beautiful, then to the beach where everyone was friendly and respected your space. The kids had lots of choices to eat everyday. we used the nanny one night and we went for a relaxing dinner on the beach,an Austrian Steak Place. we stayed at off peak 09 Nov to 16th and we found the prices very good. This is a repeat place. The rooms or condo units are 5 star set up.to all the staff thank-you for taking care of us!! Glenn , Huma, Sydney and Cole.

3  Thank Glenn S

Thanks Glenn. Your comments are much appreciated and thanks for the tip about Austrian Steak. I took your advice and ate there and it was great! Hope to see you again very soon. Now you are over the first time review nerves we hope to read more of your travels.

Reviewed November 24, 2012

We are just back from a 6-day family holiday at the Chava Resort at Surin Beach, Phuket and I just want to commend the staff at the resort for taking such excellent care of us. We travelled with our three children aged 4, 6 and 11. What was particularly challenging for us is that my 6-year old daughter suffers from a potentially fatal peanut allergy (she previously had an anaphylactic reaction to cross-contamination to peanuts) and we had grave reservations about her diet choices in Thailand, where peanuts are common in the local food.

We communicated our concerns to the staff at the Chavas Resort via online booking and were reassured that the kitchen would take note of my daughter's allergy. What I did not expect was that when we arrived, we discovered that the F&B service had come up with a completely nut-free menu specially for my daughter - "Jessica's Menu" for all her meals at the Chava. On top of that, every single F&B staff were aware of my daughter's peanut allergy and whenever they took our meal orders, they would clarify which items were for Jessica's consumption. They made it a point to cook all her dishes separately and even served them on separate trays. Even when we ordered room service, they would label the dishes meant for Jessica and place them on a separate end of the dining table in order to avoid any mix-up. During those times where we planned to dine out and requested the receptionist/concierge to book a table for us for lunch/dinner, she would take the initiative to call ahead to inform the restaurant of my daughter's peanut allergy, even though we did not ask her to. I am so appreciative of the excellent care that all the staff extended to my family - they took care of my daughter's allergy even better than my wife and I.

Another example of the stellar service that the Chava provides - on our last day at the resort, we had planned to spend the day out elephant trekking and return in the afternoon in time to catch our transport to the airport. However, the dryer in our apartment was not working well and our clothes were still damp despite two overnight cycles in the dryer. Unfortunately, all the other apartments with dryers were fully occupied. The receptionist, Alek offered to send our laundry to a laundromat to have them dried, but could not guarantee that they would be sent back before we left for our flight. As such, we left them in the sun to dry hoping that they would be dry before we left. Unfortunately while we were out trekking it started to pour and we were dismayed that our clothes would be drenched. When we returned to our apartment, we found that Lek had taken the initiative to bring the clothes in when it started raining, ensuring that all our clothes were dry. What a relief!! These are the personal touches you do not expect - it comes purely from the initiative of the service-minded individual, and at the Chavas Resort it is inherent in all their staff.

So, to Paula, Nancy, Alek at the front counter, Moz and the other service staff and the wonderful cooks - a big thank you. You have demonstrated that an excellent hotel is not one which has the biggest pool or the newest gym - it is one where the guest can feel truly at home. We are definitely heading back to the Chava in the future.

7  Thank gopher_singapore
ChavaResort, General Manager at The Chava Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2012

Talk about making our day. Thank you very much for your heartfelt comments. My staff are absolutely thrilled that their hard work has been recognized. It was a real pleasure to look after you guys and we look forward to seeing you again soon. Again, thank you.

Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

Best value hotel in the area. It's the third time I've stayed here and will keep coming back. I've looked at all the rooms in the area and this is the best value for size and quality. The two bedroom apartments are great. Staff are always very friendly. Great pool area and easy access to the beach. I come low season and its nice and quiet.

Date of stay: October 2012
2  Thank Puremicha
ChavaResort, General Manager at The Chava Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2012

Thanks a lot for your positive review and your continued patronage of The Chava Resort. We have stopped calling it Low Season rather Green season, but I know exactly what you mean. Ask anyone who stayed in July this year - generally awesome weather. Green Season rates are also much easier on the pocket! Thanks for your remarks about the staff. They are generally shy(as is the Thai Custom) and it takes a while to get them out of their shyness, but they are really wonderful especially with children. See you again soon I hope.