“Adored it. Lovely staff and hotel.”

Novotel Phuket Surin Beach Resort.
Ranked #18 of 34 Hotels in Choeng Thale
Perth
“Adored it. Lovely staff and hotel.”
Reviewed April 1, 2010

We travelled with a toddler and a baby to Phuket for a wedding, and decided to choose the Courtyard Marriott because of their kids facilities. What a brilliant decision it turned out to be!
Thai's are very friendly people to start with, the hotel staff absolutely adored our children and is very accomodating to our needs. Without asking (unlike some other hotels) they automatically set up a baby portacot for us prior to us entering the room. Extra towel and drinks provided which helps. The facilites are lovely, the pools are gorgeous and the attendents helpful. The waterslides and kids club kept my toddler entertained for hours!
One thing I need to mention is the hotel restaurant is DIVINE. Their prices are not expensive, the breakfast buffet is very nice, and their dinner a la carte menu is brilliant. The chefs and wait staff gets a big thumbs up from me and my family. My fussy eater (3 year old) love their food. If only I get bring their chefs back home with me....

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 29, 2010

The Courtyard Marriott at Surin Beach exceeded all expectations for our stay. We had a 1 bedroom suite for 8 nights and it's worth paying the extra money for it.
The location is one of the best in Surin Beach, a 5 minute walk to the beach at the very most.
Buffet breakfast was excellent with lots of Asian choices as well as European/American favourites.

We had dinner once at the hotel, the BBQ buffet and at THB 995.00 it's very much worth it.
The staff are excellent and can't do enough for you at this hotel, it's an excellent choice if you're not after the over the top Asian hotel experience but just want to chill out and have a nice stay.

The facilities at the hotel were great, gym and pool were really good, there were a lot of families staying at the resort but I wouldn't really call it a typical family hotel, there was a real good mix of guests of all ages.

Surin Beach itself is a very nice area with a great beach, the North end of the beach is really nice and quiet, the Dome Beach Restaurant is recommended for lunch and drinks etc. With so many places on the beach there's always some happy hour on so you can get great value for money for your sundowners on the beach.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jawrz
KL, Malaysia
Reviewed March 19, 2010

Just got back from this establishment - great value for money!

Went there with missus, my 9 yr old, 7 yr old and 1 yr old. Stayed in a 1 bedroom suite on the ground floor, balcony fronting the pool.

Staff were extremely polite (Thais in general I would say) and helpful. Special mention to front desk staff Khun Pantama and Khun Kantima - nothing was too much trouble.

Excellent Kids World facilities, wonderful slides for the pool but we spent most of our time on the beautiful beach!

Breakfast was very good, meals at Momo Cafe and Momo2Go were very good quality I'd say for practical, value for money meals.

My suggestion to them would be to setup a little 'play/eating' area so parents can eat without having to be troubled by the little ones...

Room was more than adequate for my family - with the kids having their own 'space' and TV.

Only down sides I can think of is the lobby/restaurant not being air-conditioned - but I suppose this helps to keep the costs down and 'eco friendly'. Also, the internet didn't seem to want to work with my Windows Mobile phone for some reason (Good excuse to buy something else)...

I would go again in a heartbeat!

1 Thank EncikAdrian
Singapore
Reviewed March 18, 2010

Simple basic hotel, but prob. better than the average 3 star Courtyard Marriott. The hotel is located a 5 min walk from the beach, in a relatively small quiet beach called Surin. The hotel is great for kids, who were happy as cows with the water slide and Kids Club.

The rooms were simple, a little on the small side, and pretty noisy as they were not sound proofed. The cleaning was not very thorough, and I found the bed too hard to be comfortable.

The hotel was very full (80% or so Russian tourists, and from what I understand, Phuket has become very popular with the Russians), so breakfast times at the hotel restaurant was always busy. The breakfast (400Bht if you book when you check in) features a large buffet with a nice variety of items, however I have to say the quality of the food was not great.

I did try the massage, which was in one of the rooms converted to a "spa". Sad to say the massage was only so-so.

As is typical of Thailand and especially so on the laid-back resort isle of Phuket, the service staff were very friendly and accomodating, and were always all smiles, even if some of them didn't understand English much and were'nt of much help.

Buckinghamshire,
Reviewed March 2, 2010

We stayed at the Marriott Courtyard for the second part of our holiday and although I can't fault too much, it wasn't as great as I had expected it to be! Saying that, we had just come from the 5* luxury that is The Village on Coconut Island!
When we got to the hotel, it was just past 2pm and our check in time was 2pm, but our room wasn't ready. We were offered another room at a higher price that we hadn't budgeted for, therefore could not afford. We were asked to either wait in reception or by the pool and someone would come and find us when the room was ready. After a wedding the night before and a fair journey to get there, this was the last thing I wanted to do! However, we had some lunch in the restaurant, which was lovely, but our room wasn't ready until gone 3.30pm!! We were impressed with the location of our room (ground floor, right by the pool) but not so much as to what was waiting for us inside!! There were three of us staying in the room (all friends luckily!) and they had pushed the 2 albeit large single beds together, and put a smaller put you up bed next to those. Due to this arrangement there was no room in the room to move let alone store our suitcases!! Luckily we were only there to sleep, but it was a bit of a hassle to get ready in the evenings. The bathroom was smallish, comprising of a sink, toilet and shower (which leaked on occasions). Also on the first night I was the last to shower and although some might find it nice in the heat of Thailand, the water was cold! To be fair though, this did only happen once. The room itself had a small wardrobe, mini-bar fridge, desk and large flat screen TV. Our balcony was nicely placed as we were able to sit out and look at the pool and also leave our room through the balcony doors to get to the pool. The only problem with that was that other people seemed to enjoy using it too!! On our first night we saw some other guests going for a swim around midnight, only to find their used beer cans on our balcony table in the morning!!
The maids came every day to clean, tidy and change beds, but as it's a big hotel they didn't always get to us until around lunch time. This was great when we wanted a lie in, but when relaxing in the room to get away from the heat it could be a bit annoying.
As said before the food at the restaurant was lovely, they served both Thai and Western food, that was equally as good as each other. They also had a barbeque by the pool and you could either order food from the BBQ or restaurant and they would bring it to your sun lounger. The only problem we encountered with the food, was that some days they had similar dishes on the BBQ menu to that of the restaurant. They didn't explain this when taking your order from either and I ended up with a dish from the BBQ in the restaurant when I wanted the other.
All the staff at the hotel were attentive and friendly and would take your orders whenever required.
The bar at the hotel had 2 happy hours, which we thought was great. The only problem was that in my opinion the bar shut quite early each night, between 11 and 12pm. There isn't loads to do in Surin Beach, nightlife wise, and when we came back from dinner sometimes we would have liked to have stayed up and had a drink, rather than going back to our room and having to use the minibar. Having said that Patong is only a short cab ride away and is very busy until the early hours of the morning.
I would recommend to anyone that stays here to use the taxi firms located over the road from the hotel as they seem considerably cheaper than ordering them from the hotel itself. We enquired about a 6 seater to Phuket airport and were advised that it would be 1400 bhat, when asking over the road, they said it would be 700 but didn't open early enough for us to use them. In the end we used a tuk tuk from a bit further down, and it was only 600!
I have no major qualms with this hotel and thought it was good value for money, therefore would use it again, this time obviously being more wary of the small problems we encountered.

• Stayed February 2010
1 Thank emmgam
USA
Reviewed February 22, 2010

An ideal hotel for families with young kids. Mine absolutely adore the waterslide. They have a nice kids club too. I have to mention about their excellent service standards here. My son had a nose bleed by the pool and was sitting quietly by the pool trying to stop the bleeding. Within minutes, a staff came with and ice-pack. I was surprised that he even noticed. More impressively, the medical staff arrived shortly. Their attentiveness is impressive.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
Rossendale
Reviewed February 22, 2010

Stayed at the courtyard on the 2nd stay of our hols!! Upon arrival we were offered an upgrade for 20 quid a night...Well worth it as the room was lovely with a pool view!!! At first I though it seems a little remote but after an hour or so of walking to the beach down the sandy candle lit path its a pretty cool place!!!! The beach is gorgeous and the bars next the the beach area or good quality without being flash except for one place that we had drinks most nights!!!

Good choice for breakfast and the staff were very helpfull....

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Amari Phuket
Amari Phuket
#2 of 321 in Patong
4.5 of 5 bubbles 5,354 reviews

Been to Novotel Phuket Surin Beach Resort.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Novotel Phuket Surin Beach Resort.

Property: Novotel Phuket Surin Beach Resort.
Address: 106/27 Moo 3 | Surin Beach, Choeng Thale, Phuket 83110, Thailand (Formerly DoubleTree Resort by Hilton, Phuket-Surin Beach)
Location: Thailand > Phuket > Thalang District > Choeng Thale
Bar / Lounge Beach Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Spa Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#11 Spa Hotel in Choeng Thale
#13 On the Beach Hotel in Choeng Thale
#14 Romantic Hotel in Choeng Thale
#15 Family Hotel in Choeng Thale
#16 Luxury Hotel in Choeng Thale
Hotel Class:4 star — Novotel Phuket Surin Beach Resort. 4*
Just steps from the crystal waters and white sands of Surin Beach, the Novotel Phuket Surin Beach Resort offers the perfect retreat. Contemporary comfort, a warm welcome and a cool welcome drink on arrival helps make your stay stress-free. Located just 30 minutes drive from Phuket International Airport and 25 minutes from the nightlife and shopping of Patong, you can really make the most of your time in one of Thailand's premier beach resorts. Stay connected from your deluxe room or suite at this resort-style hotel in Phuket thanks to high-speed internet access. Relax in front of the flat-screen TV as you watch a movie, or unwind on your private balcony or terrace. The white sands of Surin Beach are just a short stroll away as is the popular Catch Beach Club. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Novotel Phuket Surin Beach Resort. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Courtyard Phuket At Surin Beach Hotel 1234587