We stayed 14 nights in this hotel Feb-March, 2012 and found the experience very good, in deed.
There's a very international feel to the hotel, with guests from various Scandinavian and Western European countries, Australia, Russia and Asia. Also, some airlines seem to have chosen Courtyard Surin as a layover hotel for their staff which, I think, is a vote of confidence.
The pool was nice enough and there was always enough room, even though we witnessed the usual sunbed hogging in the mornings.
We used the gym almost on a daily basis. It's a smallish affair but with enough equipment to keep a casual exerciser busy and provides an alternative way to pass the time when it rains.
There are two internet stations in the lobby. Apply for the free Marriott Membership at the reception for the free use of the stations. There's also a free wifi available on the lobby.
We stayed on the top floor of the second building with a balcony facing the pool area. Room was immaculately cleaned every day and we thought that Courtyard has made a very wise decision in opting to provide a large, empty fridge instead of a regular over-priced minibar. We definitely had good use for the fridge as we stocked up inexpensive refreshments from nearby Tesco Lotus.
The breakfast buffet had a wide selection of food in ample quantities, making it possible to have enough variation every morning. Besides cold cuts, salads, yoghurts, cereals, soups, hot Thai food, fresh fruit and different breads, they also had omelette, pancake and noodle stations. A lovely breakfast is a thing we always look forward to in holidays in Thailand and Courtyard didn't disappoint.
We only dined once in the hotel, sampling their Italian buffet. The cost was quite reasonable and food was okay, though nothing special. There was a heavy rain that night so they probably had more guests staying in and seemed to struggle to prepare food fast enough and obviously run short of few items as well. However, the waiting stuff never lost their smiles, a testament to the good service offered in the hotel.
We always consider the immediate surroundings of the hotel quite important when traveling. Courtyard didn't disappoint as the beach was absolutely lovely. We can recommend Red Table Cloth for sunbeds, as they were 50% cheaper than others. Say hello to Dollar, the nice dog on the beach.
There were plenty of good local restaurants nearby. We can recommend Audy for delicious local dishes and Catch Beach Club for a more luxurious night out on the beach. Close to Tesco Lotus, you'll find Blue Lagoon. Again, good inexpensive Thai food and lovely fruit shakes. Just be prepared for long waiting times as they are not the most organized of people. By the way, you may appreciate ”the secret shortcut” to Tesco and Blue Lagoon. Just go past the gym to building number three and you'll find a guarded gateway that the staff uses. Not sure if Marriott appreciates people using it but it definitely saves some steps, a fact you'll appreciate when it rains.
There're also many inexpensive laundry services next to the hotel, making eventual packing much more comfortable at the end of your trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just steps from the crystal waters and white sands of Surin Beach, the Novotel Phuket Surin Beach Resort offers the perfect retreat. Contemporary comfort, a warm welcome and a cool welcome drink on arrival helps make your stay stress-free. Located just 30 minutes drive from Phuket International Airport and 25 minutes from the nightlife and shopping of Patong, you can really make the most of your time in one of Thailand's premier beach resorts. Stay connected from your deluxe room or suite at this resort-style hotel in Phuket thanks to high-speed internet access. Relax in front of the flat-screen TV as you watch a movie, or unwind on your private balcony or terrace. The white sands of Surin Beach are just a short stroll away as is the popular Catch Beach Club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ctrip TA, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Novotel Phuket Surin Beach Resort. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard Phuket At Surin Beach Hotel 1234587
- Courtyard Hotel Cherngtalay
- Phuket Courtyard
- Courtyard Surin Beach
- Novotel Phuket Surin Beach Resort. Thailand